Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 14" Flexible Spruce Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Vader had woken up late, he’d been pretty tired after everything at school, and it had seemingly meant that as soon as the holiday began he was sleeping a whole lot more. His parents kept joking with him that he was just a teen, hitting what being a teen was - though perhaps a little early. He was going to bed really no later than he had at school, which was later than his parents liked but he was just a little in his own night time routine from school, and the only thing he wasn’t keeping was the morning routine. He didn’t need to get up early at home, and it was clear his body knew that. The gryffindor had gotten himself some breakfast, some juice and then after getting washed and dressed head out. He had told his parents and his sister where he was heading, but it was a sunny enough day and he wanted to make the most of it. His dad had given him a ride, getting him as close to brightstone as he could, before letting Vader go.

Vader had some money in his pocket, his skateboard and his camera as always. He didn’t have any plans for the day, he was just planning on riding around on the skateboard, taking pictures of various things. His dad had said something about Padme joining him later in the day, but for now, he would just have fun. He’d also gotten a lot better at skateboarding, so much so, that he was managing to ride around Brightstone with relative ease and take pictures of things as he did so. Vader was nervous to do so in a place where magical people might have problems with it, but he enjoyed it and was doing it for the specific purpose of the pictures he was taking. He knew the pictures would come out blurry but that was what he wanted. He’d stop eventually and get some food or something, but for now he was content.

Adorah was still in disbelief about letter she had received not only two weeks before, by owl no less. "Dear Adorah Zumwalt, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." Her muggle parents, practical as they were, believed it to be a prank by the local children. Her father, a well known but new pediatrician in New Zealand, was known amongst the community as an outsider. He was a fine physician, but his social skills were a bit lacking, especially when it came to adults. Adorah's mother was the first to happen upon that fateful letter. After much deliberation, her parents presented the information to her. They knew she was different. Incidents involving Adorah and her now known magical abilities are what moved the family to relocate from Germany to New Zealand, after all.

Adorah was visiting Brightstone with her parents as an only child today. They had stopped for their first magical meal when her parents ran into another muggle born student and their family. Adorah looked out the window of the restaurant and saw a shop with an owl perched in the window. I wonder how the owl knew where I live. Do they train the owls, or are they able to find me because they also have magical abilities? Adorah looked over at her mother who was deep into a conversation about the difference between magical and muggle education. She politely excused herself and stepped out the front door of the restaurant to try and get a closer look at the bird. As she reached the middle of the broken cobblestoned path, Adorah tripped on a lose brick and landed flat on her face, feeling a sharp pain in her nose.

Vader had been happily skating about Brightstone, it was an easy and freeing thing. The wind through his hair, the ease at which he found himself was pretty important to him. He knew he had plans to see Helene soon and until then he could just do whatever. He felt well rested too, which was a good feeling, he hadn’t felt that much towards the end of the semester. He raised his camera as he zipped past a restaurant and took a picture, which seemed to happen at the exact same time a girl tripped and fell. Vader came to an abrupt stop. Riding the momentum to a stop with his feet. He rushed back, grabbing the skateboard and to the girl who’d fallen, ”Hey are you okay?” the boy approached her, holding the camera in one hand and the skateboard in the other. He couldn’t see if she was okay, and he knew that concrete was not a fun thing to land on, but hopefully, hopefully this girl was okay. Or okay enough. He didn’t have a first aid kit on him, he had a few bits and pieces but nothing that would be of any great help. He didn’t reach out to her, just waited to see if she was okay before he did anything else. He hoped that the picture he’d taken right at that moment when she’d fallen hadn’t actually captured it.

Adorah looked up at the boy who stopped to ask if she was okay as she felt another pinch of pain in her nose. "Yeah, I'm grand," she laughed half-heartedly as she pushed herself up from the ground. She rubbed her nose and dusted off her skirt, as it had acquired so dirt and a slight tear from the fall. "I guess I was so excited to visit see the owls that I didn't notice the loose bricks." She looked down at the boy's hands and noticed the skateboard and camera. "What are you taking pictures of?"

Vader looked skeptically at the girl as she said she was okay, it didn’t really seem like she was, given the fact that she seemed to wince a little. Vader put down the skateboard and swung the bag around and from in it found a clear tissue. He held it out to her as he leaned back on his feet. He had remembered what it was like to visit the magical areas for the first time, how amazing and distracting things were. He still wasn’t convinced that she was okay, but the girl didn’t seem too bad, there wasn’t any blood and he couldn’t tell how bad the bruising was. Vader had broken his nose before, he knew how that felt and how sore it was but he hadn’t seen it on anyone else so didn’t know how to tell if someone elses nose was broken. He looked at his own items as the girl asked what he was doing, ”I was just taking random pictures really, magical pictures move and I want to be able to see what you can see while in motion,” the boy explained to her, unsure if it made that much sense and knowing that this girl might still think it pretty weird for him to do.

Adorah listened to the boy as he explained how pictures in the Wizarding World move. She gasped. "They move? How do they do that? It is because of the camera?" The sudden excitement caused her to forget the now minor pain emanating from her nose as she tensed with joy. "I'm Adorah, by the way," she said putting out her hand for a handshake towards the boy. She glanced over his shoulder looking for her mother. She had just finished up at Flourish and Blotts, and she knew her mother wanted to head back to their home soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back