Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Hello HNZers,

Sometime this afternoon (my time :p ), as I am sure you are all aware, HNZ began acting wonky. Nick and I are both aware of the situation. Unfortunately, the system will continue to be down for a few more days so you might continue to experience some issues with the site.
I apologize in advance for any inconveniences that you might experience.

On the bright side, if you're reading this, I'm sure you've already read the email that Nick sent out with the temporary url for the site.

Thank you for your understanding,

Cyndi
(on behalf of the admin)

Thank you all for your patience with this problem.
All site systems and codes should be working more or less appropriately at this time.
Similarly, the domain ( hogwartsnewzealand.com ) should work properly to redirect to the temporary domain.
Once I am confident that the domain should work again for all users (likely within the next 24 hours) I will flip the switch to turn it back on.

This issue was caused by the company we use to host all of our extra codes that require database use and server-side scripts. They moved our account to new hardware - however, they provided no advanced notice and incorrectly changed several domain records. Rest assured that they'll be getting a piece of my mind.

Everything should be in order again at this time. :)
Let me know if you continue to have any issues (although, if you're reading this, you shouldn't :p ).

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back