Emmanuel Okoye

budding historian | joyous

Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Curly 10 1/2" Rigid Elm Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Emmanuel had enjoyed the yuleball in the last semester, it had been a good occasion to spend with his friends, and hang about. He hadn't done much dancing in that dance and really was hoping that in this one he would. Emmanuel knew it was probably a little uncool to actually dance, Emmanuel knew that he really should care a little about his image, but he also wanted to dance, to be able to have fun and all of the things that came with it. Perhaps he should've gotten a date, it can't be that hard to ask someone to a dance. Next time. For now Emmanuel was just hanging about the edge of the dancefloor thinking about if he should just start dancing or if he should go and find a partner to dance with. Or his friends to dance with.

Marnie wasn't the best at dressing up formally but she had to say she was definitely loving the school events for the decorations alone. She wondered if she could ask Casper if the arts club could help decorate the hall one year, brain already full of potential ideas for things she could make. At least it was until she got thinking about Casper and then she was mostly only thinking about that. It was Valentine's after all...

"Emmanuel hey! Have you seen Casper, you know Casper Beckett he's in the arts club well he leads the arts club I was hoping he might be here tonight not for any reason or anything just you know maybe you'd seen him oh you look nice by the way isn't it fun that everyone gets all dressed up like even the halls dressed up I bet Casper is probably dressed up too which is why I have to find him," Marnie said in a rush, glad when she spotted Emmanuel nearby, bouncing up and over to him immediately.

Emmanuel had just been looking towards the dancefloor, and he would've been quite content to stand there for most of the dance. However, as he stood there, he was joined by Marnie, he didn't know her that well, just that she liked ghosts and spoke a lot. Which was then evident as she went on to talk about an older boy that Emmanuel didn't know. He wasn't sure that he'd picked up on all the things she'd said. "I don't know who Casper Beckett," he told her, "What does he look like?" Emmanuel asked, he wasn't sure why she would want to find him, she'd said there was no reason, but it was an odd thing to ask if there was no reason, she did then say it was because he was dressed up, but emmanuel wasn't sure why...everyone was dressed up. "You look nice too Marnie," he also said, though she had said several things between the half compliment to him and him returning it. "Shall we look around for him?" he offered. He had nothing better to do.

Marnie ducked behind Emmanuel, suddenly not so sure she actually wanted Casper to see her now that she'd thought about it more. If he was all dressed up and busy with another cool older student maybe she'd just annoy him. But talking to him on Valentine's was hard to resist too. "You don't know him? He's the leader of the arts club and he's really tall and he has this really cool like floppy messy hair that I could never pull off like my hair is a mess if I even look at a hairbrush for too long I don't know how people do that but yeah he's really cool and super talented and I thought since it's Valentine's and all but also like he's older and I'm a first year so maybe it's a bad idea to go looking..." Marnie trailed off, running out of steam as she mulled the idea over in her head.

"Wait what about you do you have a Valentine this year? Is that like a thing people still do I used to make everyone cards and stuff cause I love doing that and I did make a few for the girls in my dorm but there's a lot of kids at school so I wasn't sure if I should make more or if it'd be weird to show up to the dance with a bunch of cards or not." Truth be told Marnie had also made Casper one, but she hadn't had the guts to bring it with her. It wasn't her best work, especially if she was giving it to someone like Casper but maybe she could still go get it.

Emmanuel shook his head at her question, he wasn't really a part of the arts club and so he wouldn't know who this person was. The description of him was...discriptive but it wasn't exactly helpful to him, he could see a number of people in this hall who had floppy messy hair. He was also older, which when it came to them first years could mean anything. "There no harm in looking for him either," he said, since she hadn't said she wanted to try to speak to him, just that she wanted to go looking for him.

"I don't have a date," he said after she had asked and said of a other things. "If it makes you happy, you should make and give out as many cards as you want to," he told her. there was nothing wrong with doing that in his mind. "You should always do what makes you happy," he finished with a shrug, "Do you want to go find that Casper person then?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back