Seventh Years, Lesson Two

"Morning class!" Misha smiled at his students as he took a small sip of the tea and then placed it upon the table that he, as usual stood in front of. "Now class, time to get your brains into action, can anyone tell me, what spell you used in fifth year to blast an object out of your path? Or more notably a hole in a bush?" Misha glanced at his students, hoping they knew exactly what he was asking. He didn't however delay the lesson, he called upon the first student with their hand raised, "Reducto," The student said, and Misha smiled at them happily, "Exactly, now class get ready for this, because I'm about to blow you away, what if I were to tell you that there are spells much more powerful than Reducto? Spells far more powerful, and more dangerous to handle, than Reducto" He stopped, leaving the question and statement hanging in the air, while he took this moment to drink from his slowly cooling tea.

"Seventh years, you all are NEWT level students; if you thought the spells you covered in fifth year were dangerous, I urge you to think again. We are dealing with much more than futile blasting Charms here, and we have taken a step up from Conjuring. Today, students, I will be teaching you a spell that is on a monumentally different scale than Reducto. If you would follow me outside, we can begin the real thing." Misha took one final drink of his tea, before ushering the class out of the door. They seemed a little excited. He could only hope for more.

For this lesson, Professor Haden had sectioned off a large part of the lawn, which he had of course requested in advance. In the middle sat an old muggle car, which had definitely seen better days. It was much less of a car, more the skeleton of it. Behind them were several tables, with different car parts, for the students to practice once he'd shown them what to do. He turn to face the class, the usual charming smile on his face. "Expulso is the spell we will be exploring today. It causes an object to violently explode on impact. Your concentration must be top notch, your wand movements and pronunciation precise. Providing that everything is in order, you carry something incredibly dangerous beyond your wand hand. Let me demonstrate as so."

With a flick of his wand, Misha very clearly spoke, "Expulso!" A jet of magical light swirled towards the target object. The car exploded as if from the inside, rupturing and sending debris flying everywhere. Misha was quick to cast Protego Totalum about all of them, as soon as the spell had been cast. It amused him greatly as some students appeared to duck out of the way, though the debris was bouncing off the barrier and falling onto the grass. They didn't actually think he'd let him get hurt now did they? He turned towards his students, motioning them to observe the debris. The metal that had not been sent flying was twisted and contorted into a pile of nothing, rendering the car unidentifiable. The parts that had been inside it were charred and still smoking.

"Expulso is extremely destructive and has the potential to be incredibly harmful, so it goes without saying, do not use this spell on first years. Today Seventh years, you are going to be working on much smaller objects." He motioned to tables that he had placed far apart from one another. On each of the tables he had placed a small car part. "Today, I would like you to practice this charm on the part provided for you. You will not get it right away; it will take a while to get the hang of the spell itself. But by the end of today's lesson, you should be able to render something so small unidentifiable. Use the Shield Charm to protect yourself if anything flies your way; and remember, be on your guard. We don't want any casualties today." He smiled at his students and then let them get down to some practicing. Once, he felt everyone had practiced enough he dismissed the class.

rp the lesson (attendance post length is fine), someone answer the question for points.

Emmanuel had been pretty grateful that the yuleball had gone as well as it had, and was determined to make sure that the valentines day stuff did too. He just wanted to get this right, wanted to do right by Kyon in all of the ways that he just hadn’t been able to yet. The ravenclaw was getting himself together for the day, putting aside some of his thoughts on the valentines stuff and focused more on getting his notes and books together, making sure that he grabbed his homework and everything else and then headed out of the dorm and to class.

Emmanuel walked into the charms classroom and took his usual spot in the room. He raised his hand to answer the question but wasn’t quick enough to be picked. He then nodded as the professor began talked about the spell they would be doing and then took them outside. He watched the man cast the spell, ducking though he didn’t really need to. The man then let them practice it and he took his wand and began practicing the spell until the lesson was over and he was able to pack up and leave the lawn, heading back into the school.

With the Valentine's Dance coming up, Emery felt a little distracted. He hoped it would be a fun time with Raawhiti, but he was increasingly worried about him. After the way the match had gone, he wondered if Raawhiti was going to be okay. He was consdidering going to the counsellor, but he wasn't sure if it would do any good.

The boy headed into the Charms classroom and sat down. Professor Haden asked them a question and Emery raised his hand, it wasn't a difficult one. "Reducto." He said, remembering that lesson. The professor then went on to say there were more dangerous spells than reducto, and it seemed like they were about to learn one. They headed outside and gathered around an old muggle car. The professor explained about the spell, then showed it off. Then they each got a piece of the car to practice on. Emery practiced it until he managed the spell, using the shield charm to protect himself. When he was done, he headed back to the castle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back