Seventh Years, Lesson One

The seventh years that James would be teaching over the coming year were a unique bunch among the students of Hogwarts, they were the first students to walk into his classroom having been taught by him before. The same honour would await his sixth years later in the year. James leaned against his desk as he watched the seventh years make their way into the classroom and start to take their seats. "Come in, take your seats," Once he had a full house, at least according to his register, he waved his wand to close the classroom door.

"Welcome back seventh years, most of you will remember me from last year but for those that are new or those that forgot about me, first of all ouch, second of all my name is Professor James Cade but James or sir will do just fine," He was still adjusting to the titles and ways students addressed their teachers, it all sounded too formal for his liking, thank merlin he hadn't won the election. "Last year you learned non-verbal magic, this year we will be adding to that with wandless magic, a daunting task for some of you I'm sure but I assure you, you will all finish this year with the ability to do so...or you'll fail," It might have sounded harsh and was a tad hyperbolic as their NEWT exam was just as much about everything else they had learned so far as it was what they would learn this year. "It will be hard work, but my door will be open to those who wish to speak to me after hours, if you put the work in I will work with you, and if you have any questions you know where to find me," Keeping his wand in his pocket, James instead raised his fingers and with a flick of the wrist the classroom door opened once again. "Class dismissed, come back next week ready to work because your final year at Hogwarts will not be an easy one,"

Emery headed into classroom for Defence Against the Dark Arts, unsurprised to see Professor Cade there again. He had heard he was the new Gryffindor head of house and he wondered what he was like in that role. Maybe he'd ask his boyfriend later, or maybe he wouldn't. He took a seat in the back and listened as the professor started the lesson. He knew he was definitely not going to call him 'James', he wished professors would stop acting like they were their friends. The professor told them they would learn wandless magic this year, which made Emery raise his eyebrows slightly. That sounded... difficult, but interesting. The lesson was a short one and when they were dismissed, Emery grabbed his things and left the classroom. The professor warned them this year wouldn't be easy, though Emery hadn't expected it to be. It was the final year, after all.

Being a seventh year seemed a little wild to Emmanuel. He still thought of himself as a young first year, desperately looking to be part of a history club. Now he was seventeen and he was about to graduate. Well, about to, in a year, but it was still closer than he’d been before. It was still this year which would decide his future. The Ravenclaw had stuck around New Zealand, mostly as he wanted to be around Kyon rather than back home. It also made it much easier to avoid his parents and family and what they might think of him. But none of it mattered, he was back at school. He had his notes and books and a determination to treat Kyon right and then headed to his first class.

Emmanuel walked into the defence against the dark arts classroom and took his usual spot in the room. He glanced up at the professor as the man got started. He was keen to know what sort of class this would be now that they were in the final year. He took his quill and some parchment and took a couple of notes about what they had learnt and what they would now be going on to learn. The lesson itself wasn’t that long and pretty quickly Emmanuel was able to pack up his things and then head out of the room, hopeful that future lessons would be better.

The first week of the term was always the worst one considering that no one wanted to actually dive headfirst into the material. Chaos Zhefarovich the Second was one of those that was losing his patience. The Gryffindor prefect looked at the time and saw that it was time to leave. He got up from his bed and left the Gryffindor dorms. He was honestly thankful that Kyon Lockwood did not get Head Boy. It was actually someone who deserved it. Chaos himself did not want it. And he was relieved when he did not get it. Havoc wanted him to have the most power, but prefect was enough for a school that did not matter after graduation. After he would leave, then the life he wanted would actually begin. That was just how it was.

Chaos strolled into the classroom with an air of confidence, his Gryffindor badge gleaming on his chest. He found his seat near the back, arms crossed and a smirk playing on his lips as he listened to Professor Cade's introduction. The lesson was short, honestly a bit too short. There was not much to go on. As Professor Cade finished his speech and the door swung open, Chaos remained seated, his piercing gaze fixed on the teacher. The other students began to filter out, but Chaos wondered if the new Gryffindor Head of House would match his standards. So far, he was not exactly impressed.

Lennox had found Defense Against the Dark Arts one of the most useful classes these past years at Hogwarts. She found herself bored sometimes and the second year was a little iffy, but overall it was one of the few classes that she really enjoyed. The Slytherin girl entered the classroom, a confident smile on her face. She moved gracefully to her seat in the front row, right where she belonged of course. She sat her bag on the desk, waiting for the lesson to begin.

Luckily, it did not take long. Thankfully because Lennox was rather impatient. She turned her attention to the professor who began the lesson. He introduced himself again and explained a bit what to expect this year. Nonverbal magic. About time. Lennox needed more practice with it, other than in Transfiguration, before she graduated. She was actually looking forward to the material as she listened to the rather short lecture.

When the professor dismissed them, Lennox did not waste her time. She grabbed her bag and left the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. She would have to do some revision on nonverbal magic before the next class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back