Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Demi (Alice)
Wand
10 1/2 Inch Alder Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Open after Daphne posts with Lucas

Elliot always had a soft spot for holidays, but he figured Halloween was up there as one of his favourites. It was always a little easier to relax at parties and things when he was in costume, even if he often spent the lead up to Halloween fretting enough over his costume to cancel that part out. He hadn't had time at home with his mom this year to plan, but thankfully with Katy at the school he'd had a little back up. He'd spent a good part of the previous evening trying his own handiwork to charm the sheet see-through, though he'd mostly only succeeded at making his shoelaces disappear before he had to cave and ask for Katy's help. He still hadn't found his shoe laces come to think of it.

Drifting about the Great Hall, Elliot took in the eerie sky over the hall before making a beeline for one of the snack tables. He knew letting his hands become visible ruined the effect of his costume, but Elliot couldn't resist some of the gummy candy there, even if the worms were enchanted to wiggle unnervingly. Tucking a few quickly under the sheet, Elliot hoped no one would really notice he was chewing, enjoying people watching for now.

Lucas knew his costume was a little basic, but he was pretty happy with it nonetheless. He had packed it before he knew ghosts were real, though, and hoped it wouldn't offend any real ghosts. They definitely looked a lot cooler than his costume. For a moment, Lucas thought he saw a real ghost in the great hall, and had the urge to hide. But then he realized it wasn't a real ghost, but a costume. Lucas was amazed,and approached the person cautiously. "Uh, wow. How did you do that?" He asked, eyes wide. "Is that a spell?"

Elliot spun around when someone spoke to him, hoping no one spotted the crumbs fall out around his feet. He was surprised to see another ghost costume, its wearer clearly impressed with his. Elliot felt a small rush of fondness for them, the voice sounded like a younger student and the costume definitely looked like what Elliot would have done a year or two ago, easily. "Yeah, it's an enchantment. Truth be told, if my older cousin hadn't helped me with it, you and me would probably match," He said sheepishly. "I did manage to vanish my shoelaces and part of my socks though, that was all me." Elliot wiggled his toes in their sneakers, though thankfully the sheet was long enough to hide them. He'd been anxious about tripping on it most of it the night, but Katy had convinced him his very corporeal feet would ruin the effect.

Lucas was impressed when he heard it was an enchantment. "Wow...." He murmured, looking at his costume with wide eyes. "Can I touch it? Would my hand go through?" He asked curiously. "You're lucky your cousin helped you! It's so cool!" He added, leaning close. He then realized he was being a little embarrassing , and took a step back. "Uh, sorry. I'm Lucas... I didn't mean to be weird. I'm kinda new to all this." He added sheepishly. "Your costume is awesome."

Elliot was kind of amused by the other boy's fascination with his costume. He wondered if maybe it was actually a younger student like a first year. Elliot was lucky to have grown up around his fair share of magic, the magically community certainly knew how to throw an impressive party. It was probably all a lot to take in for the first time. "Uh yeah, thanks. Sure you can touch it, it's just a sheet, but see through," He said, holding up an arm so he could have easier access. "It was a mission to make it so you couldn't just see right through to my clothes though," Elliot said sheepishly. Even with Katy's help that had been a hard task. "I'm Elliot," He said when Lucas introduced himself. He was smiling in what he hoped was an encouraging manner, even though he realized Lucas couldn't see his face at all. "It's all pretty impressive the first time round, no matter where you grew up I think.."He said, gesturing vaguely to the hall before apologizing and holding still again incase Lucas wanted to continue poking at his costume.

Lucas smiled brightly when the older boy let him touch the costume. He gently felt at the sheet, somewhat surprised it actually felt like a sheet. "Oh." He mumbled. "I thought it would feel slippery." He said quietly. He laughed softly when the boy said it had been a mission to make his clothes not see through. "Nice to meet you Elliot... what house are you in? And uh, what year?" He asked, as it was pretty difficult to guess how old the boy was, besides older than Lucas. He nodded at the boy's statement, looking at the great hall with a small sigh. "It is... but I figured that maybe it was less new for magical people?" He asked. "Don't you have magical stuff at your house?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back