Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Dragon Heartstring Core
Nadia Kaster was running around her room and throwing things around like a crazy person. She was supposed to meet Freddie from drinks at seven and she still wasn't ready. Why did this always happen to her? It was like some nasty prank that Merlin was pulling on her for ever being a bratty child to her mother. Her hair wasn't done and her make up was far from ready. Where was her damned hairbrush. It was times like this that Nadia often missed being able to use magic, but ever since they had discovered that little Hamish was afraid of magic, Lisa had asked everyone not to use it, they had all agreed, but sometimes she wished that she had fought the decision, it would certainly help her for right now, that was for damn sure. She wouldn't be running around right now for her hair straightener for one thing. She looked on her bed, under chairs, in cupboards, under the bed, but she could not see it anywhere, she was just going to have to leave her hair in its natural curly state, as much as she hated it. She didn't think that Freddie had ever seen her hair curly, considering she straightened it everyday in order to avoid people seeing it. She looked in the mirror for what felt like the hundredth time that night and placed the finishing touches to her make up, using all natural colours as she didn't like to cake-face. When she was done, Nadia smiled at herself, ignoring her hair and grabbed her bag, heading for the door. She quietly dodged behind furniture as she went so as to avoid the questions she would undoubtedly receive from her family as they took in her appearance. It was none of their damn business.

When she felt that she was far enough away from the house, Nadia quickly apparated to the bar/restaurant she had invited Freddie too. It was a pretty nice place that she had been to only once. They had private rooms here for the more intimate guests, but Nadia as staying well away from those. She and Freddie were just friends. She understood that and she wasn't going to destroy what they had together just to tell him that she was in-love with him. She had to admit though, she lived in absolute fear that Freddie was going to have some sort of vision and find out how she really felt. When and if that day came, she just knew she would die. It would be the worst thing for her because she was too much of a coward to admit how she really felt. She didn't really know how to act around him because of this. She had never really had a relationship before so she never knew if she was doing weird stuff. She always over thought everything. Like that one time after Graduation when Freddie had held her hand. She had been silently freaking out inside. But it hadn't lasted long because she liked the way he made her feel, even if he didn't realise what he was doing to her, she was willing to endure it because she just wanted to be there for him whenever he needed her to be.

Nadia walked to one of the corner tables and placed her bag on the ground next to her. She knew that Freddie was going to be here soon considering he was usually pretty punctual. As she looked up she smiled as she saw him and waved happily, beckoning him over. She was glad to see him after so long and she just knew she was going to have a great time. "Hey Freddie!" She called standing up, and going to give him a hug, before she thought better of it and simply tapping him on the arm instead. Merlin, I'm just making things awkward, calm down! She sat back down and waved over the waiter. "Yeah, I'll have a Midori and my friend here..." She looked at Freddie and waited for him to give his order.​

Her hairstyle looks kinda like what's in her siggie.

Freddie Raska had disappeared. Work had gotten the best of him and visions were scarce. When he did have visions. He saw himself with kids. They weren't his kids, he hoped, but they did resemble him in a way, like siblings. He was looking into, but he was finding the starting place not very helpful. Recently, his vision had been somewhat "incomplete". He would hear voices but see nothing. He would see someone but not be able to hear their voice. He felt the emotions, but he did not know whose they were. It was anger. He felt anger and loneliness. The person felt no self worth.

Freddie threw the thoughts away as he finished the last doughnut in the pink doughnut box in his hands. Yes. He had eaten a whole box of doughnuts in less than ten minutes. What could he say? He was feeling down. The gloomy cloud over his head had been there for almost a year now? He was probably just stressed. Yes. That was why he went through these emotional binges. He couldn't drink on an empty stomach anyways. That was unhealthy. He had been dressed and ready for a good thirty minutes, but he was lagging. He did not really have any energy to go drinking, but this was Nadia. She was someone Freddie could not disappoint. That would kill what little manliness he had left. He left the box on the sofa. Booby would pick it up later.

Speaking of Bobby, he and Freddie were not getting along. Freddie's sudden attitude change had thrown the man off resulting in several fights. Bobby hated competition. Now, there were two drama kings in the house, and it got heated. Very heated. He walked out the door and apparated. He did not even think he shut it. Oh well. Freddie was never so careless before, but you could say the visions were having drastic effects on him. But, he was going to put on the best face he could for Nadia. She did not deserve to see a frown on his face. The lat time they had actually talked he had acted strange. He wanted tonight to make up for that, and maybe this relationship could actually get somewhere. He was already driving his friendship with Bobby in the ground. He could not do that to Nadia too.

The lights annoyed him, and the slow beat of the music made his head hurt. He appeared to be fine, but on the inside he was a rabid dog ready to harm. Freddie, luckily, was extremely skilled at looking like nothing was wrong. His life with his parents and years at Durmstrang taught him well. Kind of? He smiled brightly at the sight of Nadia. Her curly hair surprised him, but it looked good on her! It was different. Freddie, on the other hand, looked like a failed attempt of taking this meeting seriously. He hoped she was not too disappointed with him. He knew girls had high standards, except the whores. "Hey Nadi." he was expecting a hug, but a tap arm was just fine too. It was just a bit...awkward? He took a seat across from Nadia. He found himself just staring. He did not know when he would see her again, and he despised looking into the future for such trivial things. Freddie wanted to remember how pretty she was, not that he was forgetting or anything of that crazy sort. The attention was suddenly on him. "Can I...damn." he did not mean to speak in Russian. Smooth Raska. You are just so smooth. "Can I just get a glass of vodka?" his voice and face was dead serious. The waiter looked at him strangely before he nodded and walked away. Freddie turned his attention back to Nadi. "How are you?"

So...I don't think I will be able to post like this the whole time.

OOCOut of Character:
That's fine I couldn't either.

Nadia sighed to herself slightly. She had to stop being so awkward, this was ridiculous. She had to act the same way she always did with him or he was going to start to suspect something. She bit her lip and they fell into a sort of silence until Freddie spoke. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding at Freddie breaking the silence she was sure would quickly grow uncomfortable. Because of her own awkwardness, Nadia did not notice that Freddie was acting differently. Nadia smiled at the question and went straight in to talking about how work was going and home life. "Well, I'm alot better today, but last week, I tell you, I was the most stressed out person you would ever see in your life. I mean honestly like what was going on at work? I have no idea, but we were all just so stressed keeping up with all the news and stuff. I thought I was going to explode right there. I would get home at night and I would just flop onto my bed and just go straight to sleep. I think it was possibly the worst week of work to date. But I'm much better now." She told him as she thanked the waiter for her drink and took the much needed sip. She visibly relaxed and took another sip to calm her nerves.

"So, what about you? How's life? Anything interesting happen since we last spoke?" She hoped that he wasn't still agonising over the stuff with his father. It was something that he needed to face, yes, but that didn't mean that he should let it control his life. She took another sip as she thought about it. After all, it wasn't like she could really talk. She was too fearful to face her own father. She took another sip of her Midori and put her hand up for the waiter. "You know what, could you get me a whisky please?" She got an odd look from the waiter and shrugged at him. So what, she wanted something stronger. She was sitting here with a good friend and al she could think about was how nervous she was and how scared she was of her father. It wasn't like she wasn't allowed to drink. When the waiter came with her drink, she took half of it down her throat before he had even left. It burned like hell, but oh well, she wanted to enjoy herself. "It really is g-great to see you Freddie."

Freddie was used to Nadia's awkwardness, so she did not have to worry about embarrassing herself further. Normally, she was calmer, but he guessed he was not used to her talking. He was willing to just sit and listen. Freddie did not read the Daily Prophet. He often just heard things from others. At his job, he was trusted. He did not talk a lot, only when he felt like he had a good enough answer. Saying "yes" and "totally" during an entire conversation showed horrible social skills. "I'll be honest. I don't read the Daily Prophet. News travels fast in such a small community." he admitted. New Zealand was so small. The wizarding community was anyways. Almost everyone knew everyone's business. Small communities annoyed him. It was impossible to change with so many eyes looking.

Freddie shrugged and picked up his glass. "I've been working a lot so that I can keep my mind off things, you know?" he said. He still had not gone to see his father, but how could he? After everything his father put him through. How was he going to go and ask him if he had any siblings? It did not matter. He was going to look up his mother's file. That would tell him a lot, but he feared what he would see. Freddie? A big brother? He chuckled at the thought. He could not be a brother. He was not fit to be a brother. He just couldn't be. He took a big gulp of his drink. He was tired of being able to think. He just wanted to be loose. Freddie gave a small smile at Nadia's words. "I'm happy to be here. Or else I would be at home eating doughnuts." he said in a playful voice. He hadn't felt like this since the last time he'd seen Nadia. It had been awhile since he felt like he had some energy.

Nadia didn't know what it was, but spending time with Freddie always made her happy. She could be in the worst mood of all and yet, the moment she thought of being with Freddie, talking, hanging out, she found that she was immediately in a better mood for it. She smiled lightly as she remembered the first time that had met, Takarokaro Park. She hadn't even intended to go there at the time so it had been a compltely chanced meeting. Sometimes she wondered what she would be doing right now if she had never met Freddie. He was fun, she liked him. He had helped her alot during her last year of school. He had taken Ancient Runes as well in school and his own knowledge had given her alot to think about and had been very helpful as well. She took a sip of her whisky and placed the glass in front of her on the table. She didn't know how long they were going to talk for, she didn't want to drink too much too quickly, that never went well at all. She smiled at Freddie. He was right about news travelling fast, it was one of the reasons why she knew so much gossip and about what happened before it was even in the Prophet, but then again, she worked there, it was kind of her job to know those things. Well, she made it part of her job anyway. "Your right. News does usually travel fast, but I can't be much of a judge for that... Considering its literally my job to know things ahead of time. Now I know where Runes come into it. Though I've still yet to work through my Divination training. But then, I'm not a seer." She said, taking another quick sip of her whisky. She really needed to try and see her father. She had to at least ask him about her mother.

Nadia nodded as she listened to Freddie talking. She could definitely understand what he was saying. Rather she assumed he might have been talking about his father. She could't help but wonder why he had yet to seek his father out. She knew that it had to be bothering him, but she didn't understand why he didn't do anything. Of course she would never ask this. She was both afraid of the answer and afraid that he might throw the question back to her. She took another sip of her drink. Why couldn't she just be honest with him and herself? "Yeah, can understand the need for that, I was doing that too, not too long ago." And I still am... They were too much alike when it came to this, Nadia thought, they seemed to have the same thoughts on what they should and shouldn't do with regards to their life. She sighed, this was ridiculous. She smiled. She was happy to be here, to be with Freddie. That was all that mattered. It was al she cared about. "You know, you never did cook for me like you promised." She told him as she leaned back in her chair. She remembered writing it in a letter, though now she couldn't remember if it had been him, or her. "Wait, I can't remember if it was the other way around or not. Though, I'm not that good a cook so I don't think I would have offered." She said as she tilted her head, trying to remember.​

Freddie heard things. His roommate was a Quidditch player, and he was a Healer. He knew and saw many people. He was bound to get news quickly. He would personally hate having Nadia's job. Sometimes Daily Prophet reporters were flamed. He did not want Nadia to get hurt by the careless words that people said. Freddie shrugged. "Being a Seer isn't all that. It has it's up and downs." he said quietly. Everything had pros and cons. The ability to see into the future was no exception. He took a swig of his drink. It was going to take a lot for him to get drunk. All he needed to do was stay sober enough to get him and Nadi home in one piece. He did not feel like getting splinched.

"So, I take it that you like your job? I mean, I know you've wanted it for a bit. Is it what you expected." he asked. He was trying to keep things up. At first, he thought being a Seer was just way to much for him. Now, he was used to the system, and he loved is job more than ever. He could never wish for anything better. Freddie's eyes grew wide. Yes! He still had not yet cooked for Nadia. He had said he would. He needed to be a man of his word. "You are totally right. I have not cooked you anything yet." he leaned back and took a big gulp of vodka. He nodded to himself. He chuckled. "You remembered correctly. I still can cook for you, Nadi." he smiled slightly. Freddie had left all the work to Bobby. He had not cooked in over six months. He wasn't up for it, but he was positive that he could muster up some energy to cook for Nadia, the girl he really liked.

Nadia nodded and took another sip of the drink in her hand. It had been a rather long day today after all, which wasn't at all surprising. She knew she would have to work hard and probably write about things she was uncomfortable with as well as experiencing things she didn't like. It was hard, she knew it was going to be but she guessed she hadn't expected the long hours and the crappy coffee. She shrugged and sipped her drink again. The whisky was starting to burn her throat, but she was nearly to its end. She beckoned the waiter over, ordered a tequila sunrise, giggled, turned back to Freddie and nodded. "I guess that makes sense. You don't always know all the details right?" She asked, leaning back in the chair and sighing. It was good to catch up with Freddie sure, but sometimes she wished they didn't always end up being so damn depressing. They always fell into conversation about one depressing thing or another. It was just... like a thing they did. They were so comfortable with each other, it was like all they could do was compare depressing stories. Nadia knew why she did it. It was too keep her mind off of the fact that she like Freddie and she couldn't talk to him other wise. But she had no idea why Freddie did it. She was about to ask either because she didn't imagine it would go over well, she didn't even want to think about it. Nadia tilted her head and considered his question. It was true, her job was hard and it was really quite different to how she had expected it to be, but was it really that different to the Hogwarts Monthly? She didn't think it was too different, at least when it came to formatting. No, definitely not.

"I'll say yes, but let me give you a run down," She leaned forward and nodded at the waiter as he placed her drink in front of her. "At a distance, it is run in a similar way to how they run the Hogwarts Monthly back at school. You know, there's the Editors, the Tabloid guys, the Photographers, and then you have the reporters. It's really weird though. They all tend to stay within their own element. Example, the Gossip Columnist doesn't talk to the International Correspondent. They kind of act like they don't exist to each other. I am virtually invisible to anyone other then those in my department, you know?" She asked, taking a sip of the drink in front of her and smiled at Freddie when he joined her memories. Aha! So she had been right. She didn't think she had offered to cook for Freddie, seeing as she was such a God awful cook. Lisa and Hayden did most of all the cooking at home. It was really quite funny. Then, she always supposed she would be more of a career woman then anything else. She grinned and nodded enthusiastically. "You should, you should, it'd be great. I know it would!" She told him excitedly. Well, this was a conversation she would really be interested in participating in. Not some depressing one about nothing but absent parents and depressing visions. Not that she wouldn't listen if he wanted to talk. She would just have rathered not be in a depressed mood today.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back