Secret Santa

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas, officially.

Yes officially Christmas Day here in the GMT (I know it's still Christmas Eve for some and I hope it's not Boxing Day for anyone yet :( ) as such it's time for Santa to deliver all of the lovely people from HNZ their presents. Over the past few weeks people have been working hard on completely presents for their recipients and I want to take this time to thank each and every one of you for your hard work on all of these presents – I'm sure it's going to mean a lot to whomever receives them. I would also like to thank you all for making this another very successful Secret Santa and I look forward to do it again next year!

Without further ado, here are your presents: ENJOY!!
Click for Gift | Click for Gift

Click for Gift

Click for Gift

Click for Gift

Also, the emails me@mintzy.hogwarts.co.nz and me@mintzy.hogwartsnewzealand.com redirect to the email you registered on HNZ with. (If you want them to send to somewhere else, PM Nick).

**Click the image**

Click for Gift

Click for Gift
This is my gift to you, Ash, It's a sort of pom, I hope you'll enjoy it. I decided I'd try my hand at poetry, or whatever this could be called. Hope you like it!
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
HNZed wouldn't be the same,
If it didn't have you.

You're one of a kind,
That much is true,
And you make me laugh,
Honestly! You do!

I don't know you super well,
But what I do know is that you're pretty cool,
All your characters are super amazing,
That you need a pedestal.

Your comedic timing is excellent,
You know just what to say,
Too bad were separated,
And so far away.

If I had the money,
I'd take a flight to you,
You are a truly awesome person,
And I'd love to meet you.

------------

TIME FOR THE ACROSTIC!!!

A- Stands for Artistic, I love the work you do!
S- Stands for Super, that's what I think you are.
H- Stands for Happy, glad I was given you!
L- Stands for Laughter, the amount of times I've laughed!
E- Stands for Emerald, you're a precious jewel.
A- Stands for Always, willing to help out a friend.

Thanks so much for being you Ash, we all appreciate it!

Click for Gift | Click for Gift | Click for Gift

Click for Gift | Click for Gift

Click for Gift

Click for Gift

Click for Gift

Click for Gift

Click for Gift

Click for Gift
Hey, so for your gift, I decided to write a really short story about you. :)I don't know your home life, what your house looks like, who your friends/family/pets and recreational activities are like... in fact, I only really know that you like to be called 'Emzies', and that you're amazing at graphics, and (most likely) a girl. :pAnyway, I'm not very good at stories and stuff, but since you like books, I thought it'd be a safe guess that you liked reading, so yeah, here it goes. (Unless you like to look at books, so if you want, just print this out and make it a book... :r ) Oh, and bear with me with some minor details, I wasn't able to kidnap J. K. Rowling to ask her some questions, so I guessed if I wasn't sure. xD</FONT>
--------------------​
This was the night. The night before Emzies would leave for a hotel in London, where she would stay for one night, then be leaving for a magical school that she had only heard about, a year ago. The eleven year old was very nervous, she could barely stay quiet long enough for her mother to go through a small list of rules. Things like; Don't cause too much trouble for your teachers; don't have fights with other students, and she was also told to be safe and respectful and to learn as much as she possibly could.With a little bit of anxiety coursing through her, Emzies looked over at her huge suitcase, and nodded. She had packed everything she needed. She packed everything on the list she was sent, including the strange books and even her wand. A smile crossed her face when she remembered getting her wand, it had taken four tries, and she was sure that there was some mistake and that she'd never get a wand, but then, out of no-where, her oak wand was given to her, and for the first time that visit, a wand actually worked for her. If she remembered correctly, her wand was an oak wand, it was about ten inches long and Mr Oliver (she couldn't quite remember his name) had described it as 'swishy'.Emzies rolled over and sighed. Sleeping was completely out of the question, how could she get any sleep on a night such as this? The excitement she felt bubbling inside her made it impossible to even sit still. Having basically a whole year to read up on the magical world she was about to be thrown into, Emzies couldn't stop her creative mind from racing around, trying out different scenarios in her head. Before the young girl knew it, she was already planning what she would say to her parents when she left for this school and what she would do once she got there. Emzies knew that she was going to have fun at her new school, she basically had everything already planned out.At some point that night, Emzies had managed to fall asleep, though she couldn't remember when she had managed such a thing. The girl was woken up by her father, who was possibly more excited about all of this than she was, if that were at all possible. It was the early hours of the morning as Emzies' things were packed into her family car, and the long trip to London began. It was going to take quite a few hours to get there, but they would be worth it. Not everyone had the chance to go to Hogwarts. In fact, Emzies and her father weren't entirely sure how many students attended. Twenty? Ninety? One thousand? Two thousand? There could be millions of children there, unless there were more schools around.The long drive went past quite quickly, though it went so quickly because Emzies slept through most of it, it wasn't like she was expected to stay awake the whole time. It was two hours past midnight when Emzies and her father reached the Crestfield Hotel and were checked into their room. Emzies looked around for a few minutes before picking the single bed closest to the window and just flopping onto the mattress and falling into deep slumber.
--------------------​
The next morning, Emzies was woken up by her father, once again. It was apparently eight in the morning, time to get up, showered and dressed. It only took the young girl a little over an hour to get ready to leave, but since it was only about nine thirty, breakfast came first. She hurried down to the cafe and sat excitedly at one of the tables as her father read through the menu. In the end she just decided to have cereal anyway, there was nothing wrong with such a breakfast. She wondered what type of food they would serve at Hogwarts. Would it be normal types of food, like bacon, eggs, toast and cereal, or would it be something completely new and exciting? Whatever it was going to be, Emzies couldn't wait. She was so excited to go and she really wanted to meet all the new people she was sure would be there. Learning magic was something she had only ever dreamed of as a young girl. Reading books about fairies and witches had been her only link, until now.Finishing her breakfast in what her father had told her was record time, Emzies returned to the room and collected her suitcase and owl. It was only a barn owl, but it had been the nicest one there. It had hooted straight at her when she had walked passed it in the shop and she was so glad her father had let her buy it. It was in a boring bronze caged that she had later decorated in pretty bows and ribbons. She liked decorating things.Soon Emzies father had helped her bundle her things into the car and they drove down the road to Kings Cross Station. She could already feel her father getting emotional, as was she, but this was an opportunity, she just couldn't miss. So, as they parked and her father helped her pull her suitcase out of the trunk, she turned to him and smiled. "I will remember to write father. I promise." She then proceeded to hug him before grabbing his free hand and walking towards "Platform 9 3/4". It was between platforms nine and ten. As she reached it, she glanced around curiously to see if she could spot anyone that looked magical. However, not being an expert, she found this task to be rather difficult. She didn't want to be the only person walking through a wall after all, she would feel silly.Eventually she spotted a girl with short brown hair heading in her direction, she too was carrying a suitcase and an owl. She had to wonder if any non-magical people ever saw them, and if they did, did they think it was weird? She smiled as the girl walked up to her, obviously realising they were headed in the same direction. Emzies stuck out her hand for the girl to shake and it was taken enthusiastically. This girl was simply buzzing with energy."Hi, I'm Emzies, it's nice to meet you out here, before we get onto the platform, I was too scared to be the only one." Emzies admitted, blushing slightly.The girl smiled, gesturing to a taller, older looking version of herself. "Not to worry Emzies. I'm Kellie, that over there is my big sister, she is in third year this year, I haven't been through before either." She admitted, her eyes sparkling with absolute happiness.Emzies decided that she liked this girl very much and hoped that they could be friends. It would be nice if they could both be sorted into the same house too. Admittedly, Emzies only knew about the houses from books she had read, otherwise her knowledge was pretty scarce.Emzies father introduced himself to Kellie's parents and after a very emotional goodbye, Emzies stepped through the wall with her new friend and her family. Emzies had to admit that it had been one of the coolest things she had ever done. She had never stepped through a wall before and seeing the immaculate train in front of her, only added to her awe. She could tell that Kellie was excited too. The pair quickly ran off to find a compartment to stay in. Kellie's sister, who Emzies' had discovered was called Fiona, was trailing not far behind them, undoubtedly looking for her own friends. Emzies and Kellie just couldn't wait to get to Hogwarts and get sorted into one of the four houses.
--------------------​
Emzies and Kellie sat in one of the many compartments with three other people. Two boys and a girl. One of the boys and the girl knew each other. They were siblings, the other boy was known to none of them. They quickly introduced themselves, Kellie starting off."I'm Kellie and this is Emzies." She told them all, pointing first to herself, then to Emzies. The siblings were the first to respond."I am Paul, and this is my sister Diane, I should tell you that I am actually a second year, but Diane is a first year like you." Kellie and Emzies smiled and shook both hands, they already could tell that they were going to like Diane and Paul, even though Paul was older, he seemed really nice and he didn't mind sitting with his little sister.The other boy seemed kind of shy. It was only after some coaxing from Emzies that he had finally spoken. "My name is Henri, I am a first year too." He told them, in a voice that was kind of small. Emzies felt sorry for him, she had never had a problem talking before. In their compartment, Emzies was the only one from Scotland, the siblings were from Ireland and then both Henri and Kellie were from England. She found it kind of cool that three different countries were represented in one cabin. Soon they were all chatting and Emzies was delighted to discover that Paul was a Gryffindor. He labelled it the "best" house, but Emzies disagreed. The way she had read it, all the four houses had certain qualities that made them unique, however in saying that, no one person was suited entirely to a single house, it seemed to be based on their most dominant traits and where they would be best placed. Kellie was hoping for Gryffindor as well, her sister Fiona was in that house and she wanted to be placed there too. Henri, like Emzies, didn't really seem to care where he was put, but Diane seemed to want to be put into Hufflepuff.
Apparently everyone in her family had always been in Gryffindor and she wanted to break the tradition by going into Hufflepuff. However, it seemed that the majority of the conversation was about the Slytherin house.Emzies couldn't understand why they would discriminate against one house. She shrugged, it was none of her business, she knew nothing about it, she was only a 'muggleborn'. It was true that she had read a lot of books, so she knew all about the war of '97 and the one before that, but she hadn't done any research into house rivalries. It had been the furthest thing from her mind and she had only concentrated on reading about history and such. She listened to them talk, from what she was hearing, many a "Deatheater" had Graduated from the Slytherin house, she didn't think that meant anything, she was sure that "Deatheater's" had come from many of the other houses as well. However she rathered to just sit back and listen then to speak up about what she thought. Emzies was from the muggle world, she didn't really understand this stuff at all.
--------------------​
Emzies stared out of the window in awe as the train approached somewhere called "Hogsmead Station". Emzies giggled slightly as she heard the name, wizards seemed to have very strange names for the places they had around them, though she did find it interesting. It was dark outside, but even so, if Emzies squinted, she could see the outline of Hogwarts through the window. This excited her even more and she and Kellie turned to each other to squeal in delight. Emzies was finally here and she couldn't be happier.As the train came to a stop, it was darker, Emzies had enjoyed the ride thoroughly. When the train came to a stop, Paul left the four first years in the cabin to join his fellow second years. They also saw Fiona walk past with a group of girls in Red Gryffindor robes. Emzies smiled, though she wondered if that colour would suit her. She did rather like all the colours, she was sure that Slytherin Green would match her eyes, but she wondered if the others would talk to her, should she be placed in such a house. She shrugged, Green did go with everything, well, most things and it was one of her favourite colours. She shrugged and grabbed her belongs with her three new friends before heading down onto the platform. She would wait and see, she didn't want to miss out."Firs' years. Come'ver 'ere! Firs' years!"Emzies looked up from where she stood between Henri and Kellie and gawked at the enormous man in front of her. He was taller the her doors at home. She couldn't believe it. Kellie and Diane didn't even look remotely surprised, at least Henri was looking slightly shocked at the sight before them. Emzies had to admit that she more than a little weary of the man. He was rather frightening, his hair was everywhere and she was nervous that he would step on her. However her fears were allayed a little to rest when Kellie and Diane took hold of both her arms and they marched her to the boats, Henri had been in front of them and had grabbed a boat for them to share.As she shakily got into the boat, Emzies closed her eyes, she didn't really like boats at the best of times and now there was four of them in one tiny boat. She shivered, if she fell out, she would panic and likely drown, she could swim of course, but this was a lake and it had a giant squid in it, at least that was what she had read. She didn't really want to meet the resident of the lake this early in her magical education. She hadn't even set foot inside the school yet. It would be terrible to have to go home now, after all the effort it took to get here.Kellie and Diane were chatting to themselves about the Sorting Ceremony and what houses they would be put into. Henri and Emzies were busy taking in the sight of Hogwarts. Neither child had an elder sibling to pass on information, instead they marvelled at the huge building that was currently in front of them. Both were in awe and couldn't wait to get inside, they wanted so much to be sorted and placed, though neither had a preferential house.
--------------------​
At the doorway to the Entrance Hall was where they stopped and formed a muddle, each trying to get a better view of the tiny man standing in front of them. He was so small, like an elf right out of muggle fairy tale books. Emzies knew who it was, Professor Flitwick. He had written a book about the war and in it he told his version of events as well as creating several new Charms that could be used in Protection against Dark Arts, she had found that kind of cool. He was also the Head of Ravenclaw house. Maybe she would be put there?"Alright students, settle down please." He squeaked. Emzies was surprised at how much authority he seemed to have, but who would fight with a Charms Master? Especially a first year?"Now, we are going to remain out here for a moment until Headmistress McGonagall is ready to allow you to enter." He continued, opening the door slightly and peaking inside. Emzies saw his head move, as if in a nod, before he turned back to the students and smiled."Well, alright then students. Preparations are in place, I shall take you all in now." With that said, the massive doors swung open and revealed the five table inside. The students were lead through the door, down the aisle. Ravenclaw house on the left and Hufflepuff on the right. The older students were all looking at the curiously and Emzies wondered how many of them had their siblings here. Everyone was very excited.As they reached the High table, they stopped and a fierce, but kind looking woman stood up. Emzies recognised her as Professor McGonagall. "Good Evening first years, I trust that your journey was a nice one?" She asked. No-one answered, but there were nods through the crowd of young first years. McGonagall smiled at them and nodded. "Good, now, I am going to explain what is going to happen." She waved her wand and a stool with a hat upon it appeared. Emzies smiled, that had to be the sorting hat."When Professor Flitwick calls your name, you will make your way to the stool, sit the hat upon your head and wait for your house. Don't worry, he can read your thoughts, but he will use them only to sort you." She announced. Some of the first years looked horrified, while others just laughed. Emzies was curious and couldn't wait for her name to be called.Professor McGonagall sat back down and the Sorting Ceremony started. But first, not to be outdone, the Hat began to sing;"Be you short or tall,Large or small;I am the hatThat is here to sort you all.I am here to choose the tableWhere you will be sat,I am the Hogwarts Sorting Hat!If you are academically able,Hardworking, wise and smart,Ravenclaw, is where you fit the part.If you are crafty and sly;Always willing to reach for the sky:Slytherin is where your loyalties lie.If you are friendly, loyal and true;Hufflepuff is the place for you.If you are braveAnd adventure is what you crave:Gryffindor is the home of such a knave.So put me on and meet your fate.Make haste; don't be late.Take careAnd begin this adventure if you dare..."Emzies was mesmerised by all of it. She had never expected the hat to sing, this was amazing. Professor Flitwick was now standing next to the stool and was holding a rather long list. Emzies could tell this list had the names of all the first years on it. She was so close now. She could almost feel the magic oozing out of her.A bunch of names were called, Diane went to Gryffindor with her brother, the exact place she hadn't wanted to go. Emzies reasoned that she was obviously more like her brother then she wanted to admit. After that, Kellie went to Gryffindor as well. Not that it surprised Emzies really, Kellie was fun to be around, but she was also rather adventurous from the stories she had told on the train. It was the best place for her, she thought. After that Henri went to Ravenclaw, where Emzies knew he was going to thrive, he may have been shy, but obviously the Sorting hat saw something in him that made him Ravenclaw material. Soon, it was her turn. Emzies gulped and slowly walked to the stool, her friends were watching her, each secretly hoping that she would be sorted with them. She sat on the stool and pulled the sorting hat down, onto her head. It slipped over her eyes and she was in darkness."Why, hello there little one". It spoke, in her head. Emzies could almost feel it grinning."Your thoughts... hm, they are very erratic aren't they? Now let me see. You have many very admirable qualities, my dear. However, I cannot put you into every house. Hm, you are very patient and you are quite the little worker bee. Hufflepuff would be great for you. Ah, what have we here eh? Ambition and resourcefulness, just what Salazar valued. You could do wonders in that house young one."Your thoughts are everywhere, please try to remain calm, I understand you are excited, but settle petal. Now, where was I? Ah yes, Slytherin would do you wonders, but, your daring would make you better fitted for Gryffindor. You would make many friends in that house, as I see you already have. However, Ravenclaw would also gain a valued student if I put you there. Hm, choices, choices, why must you make this hard?"Emzies stayed completely silent and allowed the sorting hat time to think. With each passing second, she was growing more and more nervous. Soon she felt she could bare it no longer and the hat spoke once again."Alright little one, I have found your place, soon you will be sitting amongst the students of your house.""So, after much thought, I will be placing you in..."
--------------------​
The End. Hey Emzies, I hope you enjoyed the story. You will notice that I took alot of artistic
license on this, and I phased over a few details and even made some up. I have to give credit to Teigan for the sorting song however, but the rest is mine. Merry Christmas Emzies!

<FONT font="Georgia">From: Samual Kaster (Tenilee)
<i>
</i>

So there you go guys, another year over (well for Secret Santa anyway)! I hope you all enjoy your presents (real and virtual).

Merry Christmas Everyone
- Patricia :santa:

Woot! Thanks so much Jessye! It's awesome!

Wow that is awesome Donna :woot: thank you verry much
And thank you pat for doing yet another wonderful job of organising this.
Merry Christmas/holidays to everyone. I hope that you all have an amazing day. :party:
And jessye I hope you like yours and that it's cute enough. :elf:

Thanks, Beth. ^_^
Also: Everybody else's gifts are so cool, too! Can I has them all? D: I wants them all.

Thanks Ash xD Um, never thought anyone would make me a video like that. =))

Hadan Hensel said:
I hope you watched past the first 40 seconds. xD

Cyndi that is so super wonderful :) Thank-you so much! Bless you :)

OMG awwwh! Thank you Mia! I am so using the animals one as a screensaver! :r

Glad you like it Teigan! ♥

Thank you Annaleise!! <3 I absolutely adore my gift!

Everyone did an amazing job! :D

Merry Christmas! ^_^

I have the most awesome gift ever! You should all be jealous. I'm not even kidding you guys. :devious:
Thank You Nick! :hug: I seriously love it! It's awesome as you are. Potatoes! :wub:
Merry Christmas Everyone! Have a good one! :party:

Thankyou Livvy, I've been looking around for something to use as my laptop background! :hug:
Thankyou Pat for taking the time to do this. :hug:

Nicolas King said:
Hadan Hensel said:
I hope you watched past the first 40 seconds. xD
Tehe, I didn't know what to do Kaitlyn!

Thanks Teigan! <3 ITS AMAZING Love it
OOOOH Which reminds me i hope a OUAT video is on TV tonight! <3
You're awesome :3

Thank you, Tenilee! I loved the story! Although, you didn't sort me. I was like noooo.....leave me hanging.

Merry Christmas all!

Graphics by Emzies! :frantics: Thank you so much! I love them and will be changing up my characters signatures in a few moments. :)

Donna: I'm glad you liked it! ^_^

All of the gifts were so awesome! I hope everyone had/is having a very Merry Christmas! :hug:

When I saw my gift I was like asdfghjkl; for ten minutes ohmygosh it's perfect! Thanks Kait! :hug:
@Livvy Glad you like it :D

Stefan Archer said:
Thank you, Tenilee! I loved the story! Although, you didn't sort me. I was like noooo.....leave me hanging.
Ahahha. xD
I did that so you could decide where you thought you'd be sorted, but if you really want, I could tell you where I was going to put you when that part came up... but that'd ruin the magic. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back