SDA Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
((okies then!! i had only said that b/c i didn't think that you were going to be able to take your lappy with you, but we can keep it up!! :D ))

Katalina Vanderhol said:
((okies then!! i had only said that b/c i didn't think that you were going to be able to take your lappy with you, but we can keep it up!! :D ))
(((Ya, things changed very luckily :D )))

Courtney grinned at Katalina as she whispered to Courtney about the good turnout. Courtney then stood up from her seat and indicated that Katalina should do so as well. "Hello everyone! Today we have two announcements. First, that Katalina Vanderhol is now the co-leader of the Student's Defence Association, and second, Professor King has kindly said he would be our guest speaker for our first meeting."

Courtney clapped a few times before sitting back down. She grinned at Professor King, "Well sir, the floor is yours!"

"You didn't explain why I'm isolated." Professor King began with a smirk after Courtney's speech, "Thank you for inviting me, however." he continued, glancing across the room. Many of them were his better pupils and he suspected this club may have assisted them in achieving their grades.

"Well, to start I guess I would like to say that I do not come to you as a Professor who teaches a class but has only ever read about it. As many of you know -- over a month ago the Daily Prophet revealed that I am an Auror. This gives me the practical experience to know what I'm talking about and not a theoretical idea of what I might be talking about." He then reached down and picked up what was left of the cauldron cake he had started to eat and finished it. after swallowing he spoke again, "Does anybody have anything specific they would like to hear about today? Or any questions before I begin?"

Kat stood up and gave a meek little wave, her face going extremely pink, when Courtney introduced her as the new co-leader of the SDA. She sat back down and waited for Professor King to begin his talk. She didn't have any questions as of yet and there was nothing specific that she wanted to learn as she really wanted to learn just about everything possible. She kept silent and waited to see if anyone else had anything to say.

ginny listened as Courtney started the meeting then as prof.King continued. She listened to him asking if anyone had any questions and immeadiately Ginny thought of azkaban and her father. 'Do wizards ever come out of Azkaban or if there punishment is like, for mass-murder, then would they die in there?' she asked clearly wanting to know if she would ever meet her father again.

Kasey listened to Prof.King and she realized that she knew about the Auror article that was being discussed but she didnt understand the words This gives me the practical experience to know what I'm talking about and not a theoretical idea of what I might be talking about.She didnt have any questions and heard Ginny's question.She knew that the wizard might stay in Azkaban according to the time punishment he is given but as the question was directed to Professor king she remained quiet.

Maddiie looked at Ginny as she asked such a daring question. But she was still interested, maybe they got the kiss of death. I'm not sure if the wizaring world was any less different than the muggle world. But she was pretty sure they was killed with the kiss of death!

Professor King looked to Ginny as she spoke, "People are sometimes released from Azkaban; such situations however are rare as Azkaban is reserved for very bed people who have committed inexcusable crimes." he began, glancing around the room, "Though I am not sure that pertains to what this club is for; are there any questions about today or things about defense?"

Kat listened to the exchange between Ginny and Professor King in silence. She herself had no specific questions about defence and wanted to get the ball rolling on today's meeting. She waited a few more moments quietly, just to make sure no one had any questions before turning to Professor King and saying politely, "Since it seems that no one has any furher questions at the moment professor, would you like to begin? I'm sure we're all eager to here what it is you have to say to us."

"Right, okay then." Professor King began, "Well I must be honest when I was asked to come here I was uneasy. A club similar to this had been used in Hogwarts Scotland because the students were not receiving proper instruction in defence against the dark arts and I felt that this club may have been constructed for similar reasons here. However, I came to realize that this was probably not the case and that this club exists to improve on skills that I supply you." he paused at this and glanced around the room to ensure everybody understood what he had said. "I commend each one of you for joining this club, many of you present have good, if not great, marks in my course and I suspect it is because of this club. Most ministry positions require a N.E.W.T level Defence against the Dark Arts course with at least an E. Joining this club will assist you in achieving those goals, I am sure."

After pouring himself a glass of pumpkin juice and taking a sip Professor King spoke again, "Being able to defend yourself against the Dark Arts is quite possibly more important now since the fall of the Dark Lord than it ever was before. Now you have extremist remains of Death Eaters; people aspiring to be Dark Lords themselves; and people searching for new Dark Spells to bring about a new age in Magical History. This is probably a major reason as to why the Ministry of Magic requires such high marks in my course no matter the position you seek."

After another short break to take a sip of his drink Professor King once again enquired if there were any questions before he pushed on.

Courtney listened to Professor King answer the questions asked by the members of the club while relaxing in her seat munching on snacks. There were a few questions she had wanted to ask him herself, but couldn't think of them at the moment. I suppose after his presentation will be best.

When Professor King started his speech, Courtney sat up in her seat and listened intently. Having a guest speaker was turning out to be a good idea after all.

Hilary had slipped in quietly during the question session and hearing Professor King's answer and the beggining of his presentation she smiled and slipped into a seat not wanting to distract others.

Maddiie listen on and was very interested in what Professor King was saying. At least she was passing with those grades he just spoken of. She was eager to ask question about his position in the ministry. "Professor have you battle any death eaters or so call dark lords? After all you are in Auror?' she said eying him with intense.

Kasey heard Professor King's explanation on the NEWT marks and she made it an desire to achieve and O in the NEWT.She listened to Maddie's intresting question and was curious to know the Professor's answer.

"I have already confirmed that I am an Auror, Ms. Hollawarth." Professor King began, recognizing the girl's question, "However there have been no new Dark Lords and certainly no large Death Eater against Aurors battles since the battle of Hogwarts." he concluded, glancing around the room for any more possible questions.

After a few moment's pause he continued, "Well then, I suppose I will discuss defence at its very nature right now." He introduced the subject uneasily, imagining how people would try to practise what was to be their natural instinct. "First of all, from our ancestors anybody with any magical ability also has the ability to emit a charge from their body in defence of themselves. This is not done willingly, but occurs when somebody truly fears for their life and has no other option. At such a time, and at that time alone an electric charge emits itself from the victim into the attacker, assisting in whatever way it may. The strength of the charge would vary very much by person." He glanced around the room at this point and then once assured of everbody's attentiveness was willing to continue. "Then of course there are the times when you have a wand and don't have a clue what to do and something kicks in and something happens, sometimes you'll say a spell you may have never heard before, or sometimes a spell you know will actually work for the first time, but something occurs. This has to do both with a connection between a Wizard (or witch) and their wand (which will help however it can at times) and a Wizard (or witch) and their family's past. Any Witch or Wizard with a magical past will sometimes be able to do things, in moments of fear and hopelessness, that they otherwise could never do or otherwise would never have known was possible." Nicolas paused and took a sip of his Pumpkin Juice as a few students began to discuss what he had just said.

Once his thirst had been quenched he raised his hand for silence and continued, "It is from those (and others), the very roots of Magical Defenses, that we discover some of the more advanced spells and such of today." He scratched his head, "I suppose that's all I've got about the past and I don't want to get ahead of my own curriculum and discuss present defences, is there anything you'd like to duscuss?"

Courtney listened as Professor King discussed defence, she wanted to applaud him while he was speaking, but knew it would be rude and waited until he finished. Once he was finished, Courtney stood up from her seat and gave Professor King a few claps. "Thank you Professor King! Well, we don't want to keep you here too long, as you probably need some time to mark and plan lessons and everything else. So I guess now we'll just allow anyone to ask questions if they have any before concluding the meeting."

"I guess we can conclude then, Ms. Potter." Professor King stated after a moment or two's silence.

"Okay, since nobody has anymore questions, I guess it is safe to say we can all leave now! Thank you for coming Professor, once again! Katalina and myself will be sending all of you a message shortly as to when the next meeting will be held. Thank you all for coming!" Courtney sat back down in her chair and waited for everyone else to leave before she did.

"Goodbye Coutney,Thankyou Professor for the wonderful discussion"Kasey said with a smile as she stood up and walked out munching the last cookie she had.

ginny stood up after a few seconds of trying to understand what he had said. She smiled as she saw kasey go. 'Bye guys. Thanks for the talk.'she said waving a following Kasey out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back