SDA Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courtney Potter

Wand
Best wand ever!
Courtney walked through the door of the Student's Defence Association, with a huge stack of parchment in her hands. She sat at one end of the long oval shaped table, and would make sure that nobody sat at the other end, it was reserved for their guest. Courtney dropped her huge lump of parchment on the floor beside her chair, and just kept one piece out with her quill and ink in front of her.

Courtney looked towards the door, hoping Katalina would walk through it very soon with the tray of refreshments and snacks. I hope Professor King and the students don't get here before she does!

Kat made her way down to the ground floor of the castle, rolling a trolley full of refreshments for the SDA meeting. She grunted the whole way to the designated room as she had loaded the trolley down with just about every type of snack, especially cauldron cakes as she remembered that they were Professor Kings favorite.

She stopped right outside the door, opened it, and then proceeded inside. Once in she saw Courtney was alread there waiting. "I have arrived and I have food!" Kat said in a sing song voice, a goofy grin spread from ear to ear.

Courtney turned around and ran over to Katalina with the trolley of food. Wow, she brought a lot! Courtney grabbed on to one end of it, to help Katalina pull it over to the table. "Was this too much for you to bring in? It sure looks like a lot!"

Courtney grabbed as many drinks as she could hold without spilling and began to place them around the table, one at each seat. "So, how should we do the snacks? Place them at every seat? Or place them in a huge pile in the middle? Or something else, perhaps?"

Kat smiled and said, "Nah, it really wasn't any trouble at all. I wasn't sure how many people would be here and wanted to be prepared. Better to have too much than too little."

She grabbed a few drinks as well and began to place them as Courtney was doing. "I think one big pile in the middle of the table would be best. That way everyone can pick and choose what they want." She returned to the cart and picked up a small platter that contained about five or six cauldron cakes and asked Courtney, "Where will Professor King be sitting? I got this plate just for him!"

When the drinks were all placed appropriately around the table, Courtney looked up at Katalina holding a huge plate of Cauldron Cakes. Courtney couldn't help but snigger a little bit at the sight of it. "Well, at least we know Professor King likes those! He should probably sit at the end of the table opposite from us."

Courtney grabbed a bunch of snacks from the trolley and started arranging them in the middle of the table. "Ah, well that looks about right!" Once the snacks were arranged nicely, Courtney took her seat and waited for the others to come in.

Kat noticed the look on Courtney's face and said with a chuckle, "Thought these could be a sorta of 'Thank You' from the two of us for speaking today!" She sat them at the head of the table and then began helping Courtney put the rest of the snacks out. "You're right! It looks great!" she said with a smile as she sat down in the seat next to her friend. "So I guess now we just sit and wait?" she questioned.

"Hi."said Kasey as she entred the room and noticed Courtney and katlina.HSe took a seat and said"Umm..Courtney,The last time i guess we werent allowed in because we didnt do DADA but now that we have done it I thought I 'd come"She said cheerfully

Ginny folowed kasey down to the meeting. SHe smiled at Kasey comment, but didn't say anything but a cheery hello. 'How is everyone?'she asked.

Kailey walked into the room and looked around at the food. "Hey you guys...This is the SDA meeting right?" she asked hoping she was in the right place.

Kat saw that people were starting to arrive and she looked at Courtney and said in a hushed tone, "Maybe we'll have a prety nice turnout!" She then turned her attention to the girls who had just entered the room and said brightly, "Hey guys!! Yup this is definitely the SDA meeting. Have a seat and something to eat. There's plenty for everyone!" She hoped that more people would show up soon so that they could get the meeting started.

Kailey got a Cauldron cake out of the huge pile in the middle. She figured the ones on the tray at the end were for their guest so she didn't touch them.

Courtney gave each student a welcoming smile and nod as they walked into the meeting. She was feeling a bit hungry after looking at and smelling all of the snacks that sat before her. "We'll just wait a few more moments for our guest speaker to arrive, and any other students if they choose to come. But, as Katalina said, dig in!"

Courtney reached out to the pile of snacks and grabbed a few cauldron cakes for herself. I can see why Professor King likes these, they're delicious! She thought as she took a bite out of one.

Ginny smiled as kasey and the rest grabbed food to eat. She wlked across to the table and sought out the smallest treat and pickign ti up. She started nibling on it slowly and watched the rest of them have their conversastions.

(((I am SO sorry you guys! I've been trying to finish up stuff at school before I go away for a week and I forgot about this. :( )))

Professor King entered the room indicated to him by Courtney with a small as he glanced over the food on the table and then at the students present. "Sorry if I'm a little late." he begin, a small smile coming across his face, "I hope I'm still allowed a few cauldron cakes."

Kasey noticed Professor king enter the room.Is he the head of the club?I thought Courtney was, maybe he's just assisting after all he is the DADA teacherKasey thought and smiled.

Kailey watched as Professor King walked into the room. Is he the guest speaker? Or is he just helping run the club? these thoughts crossed Kailey's mind as she ate her cauldron cake. When she was finished she resisted the urge to get another.

Maddiie rushed into the club, noticing she was a little late for the club meeting. She walked by professor King, knowing well he must be the guest speaker. She took a healthy snack from her sack, and sat down. "Sorry guys was a little sick last week." she said to the group.

Kat smiled as more people started to show up. She leaned over to Courtney and whispered, "The turnout seems to be pretty good so far!" Just then Professor King entered the room and Kat addressed him saying, "No problem professor. We haven't officially started yet and there's a whole plate of couldron cakes down there just for you, sort of a thank you for speaking today!" She motioned towards the end of the table where she and Courtney had intended him to sit.

Ginny was abut to ask who the speaker was when prof.King wlaked in for her answer. She smiled slightly. Wonder what we are doing today then?she though as she went over to talk to Maddiie. 'Hi madds,'she said.

"Well, thank you." Professor King began, moving towards the opposite end of the table and by association the cauldron cakes. He picked one up and took a bite of it before setting down the briefcase he had carried into the room and turned to the two conveners of the meeting, "Any particular reason I'm isolated down here?" he inquired a mock frown on his face. "I see how it is." He finished, opening the case and withdrawing a few pieces of paper - notes he had prepared - and setting them in front of what he supposed to be his chair.

Kasey noticed Kiera and Maddie come in.And Professor King eating acauldroun cake.But what are we gona be doing today that needs a speaker?Are we going to have like a Parliament in session?Maybe he'd be telling us about something about how lack of concentration during dueling might make you lose. all these thought filed Kasey as she tried to figure out which one was the most correct.

((i'm going to talk to Courtney about closing this meeting until Nick get's back from his church conference and then we can reopen and continue where we left off :) ))

(((I'm not gone yet and have a ten hour train ride on saturday. Then I will have an hour or two every day to be on the compy, I can keep this up. :p )))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back