OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Emily was excited. It had been a long time since she had told scary stories to anyone. She had thought long and hard about it, and had decided that finally, there was really only one way about it. Jasper would probably have a short attention span. That meant that she had to be enthralling, captivating, and quick. It would be a challenge to capture the right amount of detail to tell the story but still hold his interest. She grinned wickedly. She loved her siblings dearly.

Later that evening, she arrived to the assigned meeting place before Jasper did. That didn't surprise her. She had worn her hair down to help veil her face dramatically. The dungeons were the perfect setting for a horror story. If you picked the right spot, that is. She had found the perfect spot. Dark, damp, cold. She leaned up against the wall and waited for Jasper to arrive. She didn’t see him as one to chicken out.

When Emily had mentioned to him that she would take him somewhere scary, Jasper hadn't really thought about the dungeons. But now that he was in a different part of the dungeons he didn't usually go, he understood why she had picked it. He still didn't really think she could scare him that badly, but he was starting to worry just a little bit as he made his way through the dark corridors. But he couldn't back out now, not without looking like a coward. he spotted Emily as he rounded the corner and walked up to her with his hands in his pockets, trying his best to be as nonchalant as possible. "So... you thought the dungeons were scary? For a Slytherin?" He asked her, flashing her a smile.

Emily smiled as Jasper appeared. "Hello Jasper," She greeted casually. "The atmosphere here is ideal," She told him, lowering herself to sit on the ground and gesturing for him to do the same. "And if you're already used to this, then it will make it that much more challenging- and more interesting- to try and scare you." She grinned wickedly. "Tell me, Jasper, do you know the story of It?" She inquired. She wasn't caught up in the hype over the new movie. Not at all. Would she be watching it the moment she returned home? Of course.

Jasper was surprised when Emily sat on the ground, but he followed her as she gestured for him to do the same. He shifted uncomfortably on the cold stones, leaning back on his hands. "Right." He told her as she said it was more challenging and more interesting. He tilted his head slightly with a smile. "What do I get if I don't get scared?" He asked her, wanting to turn it into more of a bet. His eyebrows rose at her question. "Of what?" He asked, not sure what she meant. "It? What do you mean with 'it'?"He looked around as if expecting some sort of object she was referring to.

Emily smiled. She had thought he would ask that question. "I talked to Lily. She's agreed to reward you with a treat of your choice if you don't freak out," She winked. "And a treat of my choice if you do. She insisted on that, something along the lines of 'I'm making treats no matter what happens, so it's just going to be a matter of who gets to pick'" She quoted her cousin with a roll of her eyes. She grinned as Jasper said he didn't know the story of it, leaning forward as she began to launch into the tale. "It was a stormy afternoon that day in the town of Dairy. Georgie watched in fascination as his brother put the finishing touches on his new paper boat..." She kept Jasper's eye as she spoke.

Jasper sighed. "So I get a treat anyway." He said with a small laugh. "That's kind of silly. Unless you pick something gross." He wrinkled his nose. He settled in to listen to the story, keeping the smile on his face at first. But as Emily got more and more into the story, his smile started to slip and fade away. It wasn't like it was that scary, but the way she told it made it easy to imagine it happening. The dungeons hadn't been scary to Jasper before, but suddenly he saw things in the shadows of the flickering torches. He wrapped his arms around himself subconsciously, a determined frown on his face to avoid looking scared. But when the story became almost hard to bear, Jasper abruptly got to his feet. "Uh, did you hear something?" He asked her, looking around in alarm.

Lily had been looking around in the dungeon for a little bit now. She had made some of Jasper's favorite snacks for the story, but she wasn't sure where exactly her cousin had taken him. She bit her lip, rubbing the back of her neck. Where was he? She noticed a bit of movement out of the corner of her eye and followed it, and upon seeing Jasper standing there, she reached out with a small smile and placed her hand on his arm. "Hey, Jasper," She greeted softly, adjusting the basket of treats on her arm.

Before Emily had the chance to reply, Jasper felt a touch on his arm. He yelled in surprise and jumped away, turning around as he did so. The only thing standing there was Lily, not a scary clown like he had imagined. But that only made his reaction all the more humiliating. "LILY!" He yelled, still half in shock from the sudden appearance. He put a hand over his chest, feeling his heart beating fast. "Jeez, Lily." He said as he calmed down a little. "What a timing." He tried to laugh at his own reaction, though it was shaky. "Man..." He said, shaking his head. He didn't look at Emily, not wanting to see the undoubtedly smug look on her face.

Emily grinned as Jasper seemed to sense something. She'd set this up perfectly. She laughed as her cousin appeared, leaning back and crossing her legs. "Well, I'll say you won." She snickered. "Lily didn't even make it halfway to what you did." She looked to her cousin. "No offense, Lils, but you're easy to scare." She eyed the basket. "The banana nut muffins are my favorite... are the other muffins his then? You shouldn't make the prizes before you know what you need," She scolded half-heartedly.

Lily jumped, stumbling back and clutching her muffin basket to her chest with wide eyes. She blinked rapidly, trying to keep the slight hurt out of her face as Jasper yelled at her. She bit her lip, turning her attention to the muffins instead. "I j-just thought you could use a snack," She told her cousin, setting the muffins down next to her. "I didn't mean to interrupt. Is it the story with the clown?" She shuddered a little before sitting down herself. "You've told it to me in pieces. How far into the story are you?" She asked, chewing the inside of her lip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back