Sams Birthday

Taylor laughed and listened to the conversation taking place. She moved to lie on her stomach, leaning on her elbows, holding her head up with her hands. "You dont need a date to have a good time, ill just be going with friends." She attempted a shrug, but failed in the position she was in. That was the only comment she made as she listened to the conversation play out, with a small smile.

Sam rolled his eyes at Jenns comment, "Whatever.." he said holding back a laugh but was surprised she had said 'the rest of us are cooler', she must be in a really good mood if she included Toni in that sentence. Sam laughed loudly when Scorpius added his comment, "Yeah...keep telling yourself that mate." he smirked at him.

Sam agreed with Taylor and said, "Yeah you should come anyway. Even for a while. It'll be fun." Sam couldn't believe he just said the ball would be fun but anything to get Hoshi to come. But he hoped that there wouldn't be an arguement over Hoshi's comment about Beau. He hoped they'd leave it till even after the party...for his sake.

Toni listened to the conversation go about a bit. Though she couldn't help but let her eyes drift away when Sam said that Jenna and him were going. Braking eye contact was the only way, Toni thought she could deal with this fact. Hoping that the conversation would move on, Toni just waited.

Yet as Hoshi said she wasn't going to the ball, Toni's mood brightened up just a bit. Good thing. Toni thought as she moved her gaze back to the group listening more to the conversation but not saying anything right off the bat. There was nothing she wanted to say. Everyone else was trying to talk Hoshi into going to the ball, Toni was on the other side of the coin and was glad that Hoshi wouldnt' be going.

As Hoshi spoke once more talking about who was going with who, Toni wondered if she was really trying to start something. Though when Hoshi mentioned Beau hinting on the joke she had played on him. "Don't worry Hoshi" Toni said her voice falsly sweet. "The ball really isn't you thing at all. You actually have to dress up and look nice" She paused her eyes going over that awful outfit she was wearing. "Some people just can't accomplish such things" She added with a small smile.

Really Toni didn't want to start anything. Not now, not at Sam's birthday party. Though she hadn't said anything bad at all, not really, Hoshi knew how to hold her temper better than that, or at least Toni hoped so.

After Toni's comment Sam felt a bit angry. If he felt angry, Hohsi must have been fuming. He looked down not really wanting to see what would happen. Though he just hoped that there wouldn't be an outburst. He fiddled with the strings from his hoody hoping the comment would pass by unnoticed but somehow he doubted that.

Scorpius saw how angry Sam got so he gave Toni a pleading 'not-now' look. He disliked Beau so much, hell he got in a fist fight with the boy, but Scorpius had respect for Toni and for Sam's birthday party, so he knew better than to say anything about him.

In an attempt to clear the air, he cleared his throat and said, "Well anyway, I hope to see you all there and shut you all up with my amazing dance skills." He grinned playfully as he teased them but he held a little truth in his words. His mother had made him take dance lessons, completely unwillingly on his behalf of course, but perhaps they'd pay off now if he had to impress them, or just Luna.

Hoshi bit her lip. She wanted to she really wanted to but stopped herself from doing something truly stupid at Sam's party. Hoshi lifted her legs up to make sure she saw the tall studded boots. "You know what Toni-chan your right then again they don't seem to mind the way I dress at all." She said looking over that the boys that where sitting at a tree near by. They where trying to act like they where not staring but she could see them out of the corner of her eye. It made her laugh really.

That was all Hoshi said on the subjet then turned back to Knight who had said about his awesome dance skills. "Ok now I'm tempted to go just so I can laugh at you when you slip up." She said teasingly. Hoshi made a mental note to get Toni for that little stab but would let it go for now. Not at Sam's party, not in front of everyone.

Sam smiled appreciatively to Hoshi. It was extremely decent of her to hold back. Sam then laughed at Knights comment. He got lessons from Harri, a friend he made in third year. Sam wanted the night to be perfect for Jenn so he learned to dance since she didn't know how to. But she didn't know yet so it was going to be a complete surprise. "Yeah I'll bring my camera." Sam added to Hoshi's comment.

Toni didn't regret the comment at all. Why should she? It was always fine when Hoshi seemed to make a stab at Beau why couldn't Toni make a stab at Hoshi every now and then? It only seemed fair in Toni's mind. Yet she couldn't help but feel slightly bad for Sam. Hopefully nothing would break out and Sam's birthday party would continue to go off without a fight.

Smiling slightly to herself she listened as Hoshi spoke. Toni-chan Toni thought finding Hoshi calling her that just as annoying as she had the first day she met her. Looking over at the 'they' Hoshi was talking about. Glancing back to the group Toni was tempted to make just one more comment. But it was obvious that it really wasn't the smart thing to do.

"Whatever" She muttered glad that Knight seemed to speak up clearing his throat in the process. "Amazing Dance Skills?" Toni said smiling slightly at this. "I am going to have to see that to believe it" She said teasing a bit. Sensing that mood had lightened up a bit.

Scorpius was glad that Toni hadn't decided to respond to Hoshi's comment. He smiled at her encouragingly, he didn't want her to feel attacked or anything. As she said she'd have to see it to believe it he laughed heartily and said, "You'll be blown away," and his grey eyes sparkled with playfulness. "I'll save you a dance if that's what it takes for you to believe it," he said to her with a genuine smile. He didn't think Luna would mind after all.

Jenna looked over at Toni and narrowed her eyes coolly giving her a warning, she didn't want to do this, not here, not now. It was Sam's birthday, she looked over at Sam gently letting him know that she wouldn't respond to it. Jenna was quite protective over Hoshi so usually she would be natural for her to defend her, even though they both knew that they could both hold their own with ease.

She laughed into her hand at her best friend's response. Then looked over at Scorpius when he said that he had amazing dance skills she giggled quietly and said with playful competitiveness , "Really? I'd like to see that." Truth be told Jenna could not dance, at all, at least nothing for balls, she had taken ballet for a few years but eventually quite because it had gotten in the way of Snowboarding and aquastuary(sp?).

Taylor sat and was quiet through the whole ordeal, but she didnt know who to side with on this one. For one, Toni had been quite rude, but on the other she was brave enough to attend this party in the first place, knowing she would be with a people that couldnt stand her, she probably felt just as strongly about them too.

Taylor grinned at Scorp when he changed the subject. "I could probably beat you in the dance department." She said in a mock 'im-better-than-you voice'. She threw her head back and glanced down at him with an eyebrow raised, before letting a snort of laughter escape and returning to her normal face. She knew she wasnt bad at dancing, but she wasnt fantastic at it either.

Hoshi sighed and put her hand to her head as if she really didn't want to do this. "Alright I've been talked into this. I will be there with a camara to have proof of what you guys look like when dancing." She said an evil smirk coming on her lips. Another reason she was doing this was because it would be a major fly in Toni's soup. She really was trying to be better person than that but she still had some urges to be a bit of a bully.

Sam smiled widely. "Awesome!" He ruffled her hair, he was glad Hoshi decided to come to the dance. Even if it was just to mock Knight or in spite of Toni. Sam looked around to all of his friends. He hadn't enough money to buy them all Christmas gifts, well decent ones. "Hey guys? I was thinking..." Sam said to let them know they didn't have to do this. "What if we set up a secret santa this year. Because honestly I am completely broke." Sam said truthfully, he was saving his wages from Quaility Quidditch Supplies in Gringotts. Also this mean he didn't have to shop too much.

Toni could tell that everyone was glad that she hadn't responded to Hoshi's comment. You haven't started anything she thought almost wishing that she had but glad that she hadn't. "Save me a dance?" Toni said smiling though she wasn't sure if that would be the best move at all. Even if they were just dancing as friends. "I may take you up on that offer. Get the proof that I need" Toni said not knowing if she would but she didn't want to ruin the mood and say why.

Ignoring Jenna completely, Toni could tell that Jenna was giving her a look. Who cares? It was much easier just to ignore that brat than actually try to care about how she was reacting. But as Hoshi said she was going to the ball, Toni rolled her eyes. It was only to bother her and she knew that. She will look like absolute crap Toni thought happily.

"A secret santa" Toni repeated wondering if that was such a good idea. Really she didn't want to buy for everyone here, but the chances she would get someone she hated would be very good. Toni didn't have the best of luck in that part. "This is just to save you some shopping" Toni teased.

Taylor thought about the possibility of a secret santa, it was a pretty decent idea, Taylor didnt really have enough money to buy for all her friends anyway. "I think its a good idea, im kind of strapped for cash too, my parents have all this money, yet still wont supply me or my sisters any." She laughed, her parents were actually fairly wealthy, but they had always said they didnt want Taylor or Jesse to be spoilt, so they didnt give them much.

Sam squinted playfully at Toni, "You know me too well." he laughed. It was just a way of getting out of shopping for so many people though he planned on getting Jenn something anyway so that'd be two presents. It didn't seem so bad. Sam nodded along with Taylor, "What do you guys think?" he asked Hoshi, Jenn and Scorpius.

Hoshi shrugged. "I was hopping to get the gift overhaul this year but I agree." She joked. Hoshi could talk her mother into doing anything for her but since everyone seemed be short on cash she didn't mind. "Now I'm hoping whoever gets me will get me something good or I will be getting them." She said again joking. She would just be happy getting something from her friends. Or enemy as it would seem. Since Toni was friends with almost everyone here that was not her or Jenna there was a good chance that she would get Hoshi's name or the other way around. She knew exsactly what to get Toni if she did get her. Hoshi was not about to be as mean as to get her a crap gift for Christmas if some sick twist of fate get made her get Toni's name.

Scorpius chuckled at Prince's suggestion but thought it was a good one nonetheless. "I'm fine with that because I'm short on money too," he agreed with most everyone. He was glad that he had no enemies in this weird group so it wouldn't be awkward getting someone. He looked at Taylor momentarily and smiled at her, remembering their promise to get something for each other and thought that if he didn't get Taylor for their secret santa deal, he'd still keep his promise to her. "So how is it going to work?" he questioned aloud.

Taylor nodded with the rest of the group and then caught Scorpius's eye and smiled back at him, she remembered their promise and was pretty sure that the smile was what it was about. She would remember to get him something. What? She didnt know yet. "Yeah, how are we gunna do this?" She agreed with Knight. Taylor didnt mind getting anyone, exept maybe Jenn, she didnt know her at all, but she guessed she could always ask Sam for some hints.

Sam looked around Jenn still hadn't said anything though it seemed like majority ruled. "Okay. So secret Santa then?" Sam asked them looking at each in turn. When they asked how it was going to work Sam looked around eagerly then took an envelope from one of his cards. "Okay.." He said while ripping up a small piece and handing it out to everyone. "Just write down you name on that and give it back to me." Sam said simply though he relised there was no quills or ink. He took out his wand and muttered, "Accio quill and ink." He had this spell practised to a 'T'. Once his black quill and his ink landed roughly beside him he scribbled his name down on the parchment.
Sam Prince said:

He folded up the paper and left it in front of him he then passed around the quill and ink.

Toni of coarse agreed with the secret Santa thing. This would save her a bit of money not that she really needed to save money. Maybe she would even tell her parents that she had to buy for all her friends just to get her father to allow her spending budget to increase. That seemed like a plan in Toni's eyes. Just hope I get someone I can buy for Toni thought not knowing what she would get anyone. Sure she loved shopping but when it came for shopping for someone else it was basically useless.

Waiting until it was her turn, Toni took the ink and parchment and wrote her name onto the parchment hoping that someone decent would pick it. Knowing quite well that if Hoshi or Jenna got it, Toni have to watch her back as she opened the gift.
Toni Addison said:

Toni folded the piece of paper neatly as she passed the parchment and quill to the next person.

Hoshi took the paper and quill from Toni and sighed. This might not turn out so well if she did get her. Closet full of stuff I can give. She reminded herself. Hoshi had a second closet full of stuff she never used. Clothes from shows her mother had gone to, shoes from designers that had given them to her mother as a thank you, bags and other stuff that was completely not Hoshi's style. She scribbled down her name on the piece of parchment then handed the quill and ink to the first person who grabbed it.

Scorpius watched eagerly as they began taking turns writing their names on pieces of parchment. When it was his turn, he took the ink and scratch piece of paper and wrote his name in his grungy handwriting.
He folded up the small piece of paper and passed it along with the quill, ink, and the rest of the envelope to the person beside him.

Taylor took the paper and quill from Knight. She rested it on the ground in front of her, still aware she was lying down and wrote in her big writing that was alot like her mothers.
Taylor Mercer said:
Taylor <3

Adding a heart, for the fun of it, she folded up her paper and passed the paper to Jenn, who was still yet to sign her name.

Jenna looked over at Taylor and smiled warmly at her as she handed her the paper and quill, she quickly scratched down her her name onto a paper.
She hoped that she didn't get Toni or Toni didn't get her, because it wouldn't bode well, she also hoped that she didn't get Taylor because they didn't know each other, at all. If I do get Taylor I'll ask Sammy and Scorpius about her, she thought to herself.[/color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back