Sams Birthday

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
It was Sam’s twelfth birthday today. Usually he didn’t like birthdays but his parents just forced it upon him. So he did spend time with his family. Though his family of coarse were not here, so Sam decided that he’d bring his friends together for his birthday. He knew Jenn and Toni might not get on so well but he hoped that they would get along for his sake at least.

Sam had taken some cakes from the kitchens- freshly baked. Sam had them laid out on a plates on a widespread blanket. He must have looked like such a twit for those who were not invited but he didn’t care too much. He was looking forward to just see all of his friends again.

The previous day, Sam had sent invitations into all houses, Ravenclaw for Knight, Slytherin for both Hoshi and Toni, Gryffindor for Taylor and he gave his invite to Jenn in the common room. At least this may take her mind off her dying brother.

Sam sat patiently on the rug on the grand Hogwarts lawn waiting for his friends to arrive.

Hoshi ran to the lawn when she reaseved her invitation to Sam's birthday. She knew that Toni would be there but most of the people there she would like she things wouldn't be too bad. It was also a welcome brake from the Slytherin common room where she had been taking cover for the last few days. Hoshi decided also that this was enough of her dull looks and chose to show up in something that she had been saving for a special day.

Hoshi showed up to the lawn in a all black and jaded outfit. The studs in the leather made the pattern of an ankh on her neck while they seemed to wrap all the way around her waist. The shirt was fitted to looked like she had painted it on. So where the pants but there where no studs there. On her chest there was netting covering a hole that was in the matirial. Her lower arms and hands where covering in netting too. Her boots which gave her two inches in hight had studs along the soles.

She saw that the blanket for a picnic was all set up but the first thing Hoshi did was go to Sam. "Happy Birthday Sam-kun!" She nearly yelled as she wrapped her arms around him. She hoped that the frosting on the cake wasn't too sweet. Hoshi was a ball of energy normally if suger where to be added there was no telling how bad Hoshi would hype up.

Sam looked up and beamed. Hoshi! "Hoshi! Thanks." Sam hugged her back. "Looking good!" he winked and nudged her in the side. She had gone all out. Sam then looked around, "Your the first here my faihful servent.." he teased playfully. He remembered that night when he found Hoshi quite upset, "So how have you been?" he asked hoping she would know what he mean't. He wanted to ask her now instead of all his and her friends around.

Hoshi knew what Sam meant. She sat down next to him and shook her head. "servant nothing, I've been saving this for a rainy day but this will have to do." She said looking at her black tinted nails then gave Sam a bright smile to show she was joking. "I'm... Getting there. I better then when you found me that night." She said with a bright smile. Hoshi had resisted the temptation of painting her lips black too just to freak everyone out. There was no makeup on her face because of it.

Jenna had received an invite to Sam's birthday party on the lawn, she had forgotten about it as of lately but she had gotten him something non the less. She really didn't want to go, but it seemed that she had to. He was her boyfriend and best friend, it really wouldn't be appropriate just to leave him be would it?

She groaned as she changed into some jeans and a simple white t shirt and put one of Owen's sweaters over top of it. She sighed and picked up Sam's present in her weak arms and walked down to the lawn trying her hardest to appear to be happy. When she reached the lawn she saw Hoshi's bright purple hair then Sam. Her heart skipped a small beat, as she looked at Sam.

Jenna zipped up the over sized sweater before running over to him faking happiness as she hugged him from behind him. She kissed the top of his head then said, "Happy Birthday Sammy!" She smiled weakly at him then looked up at Hoshi and forced a smile, but she knew that Hoshi would be able to tell that she was in no mood to be at a party, hell if Sam or Hoshi didn't know she would've thought that there was something wrong with them. Jenna hadn't told any one else because Hoshi was her best and only girl friend she had here and Sam had been there when she found out. If he hadn't she wouldn't have told him and would've gone straight to Hoshi or Scorpius, they were so much better at dealing with her, and her crazy emotions then Sam was.

Toni had gotten the invite to Sam's party. In a way she felt awful that she had forgotten. Though really that thought seemed to be pushed out of her head with the imaginations of who would be attending this party in the law. Withouth a doubt, Toni knew that Jenna and Hoshi would be there. The two people she would rather not see. "Be nice for Sam's sake" She whispered to herself as she got ready, determined to look perfect for today's outting.

Toni pulled on one of her dresses this one black with a nice bright pink belt belted right to her waist line. A few small silver necklaces she put on her neck before brushing out her hair deciding to keep it wavy for today. Looking at herself in the mirror, Toni smiled slightly. Perfect She thought.

Walking out of the Slytherin Dorm, Toni walked straight out towards the lawn hoping that she was the first one there or at least Knight had already shown up. Yet as Toni crossed the lawn she noticed that Hoshi and Jenna were the ones there of coarse Sam as well. be nice She thought about putting a smile on her face. "Happy Birthday Sam" Toni said tempted to give Sam a friendly hug but decided against it.

"Hey" She added to both Hoshi and Jenna not having any more to say to them.

Taylor woke up that morning and rolled over, wanting to sleep in, she cracked an eye open and saw Sam's invite on her bedside table. Smiling she pushed the covers up wanting to go and celebrate with him. Getting ready she dressed in some skinny jeans, yellow converse and a yellow strapless shirt. She wore her hair down and decided to straighten it for the occation. Grabbing a white jacket, in case it was cold Taylor made her way out of the common room.

Bounding down to the lawn, Taylor saw a picnic, with Sam, Hoshi, Toni and Jenna all there. Jumping at Sam she gave him a hug. "Happy Birthday!" She said cheerfully. "Hey guys." She said smiling at the others, stopping at Toni and giving her a nod. She knew that Toni would probably feel a bit left out at the moment. Turning back to Sam, she asked with a grin. "So how is the birthday boy?" She raised an eyebrow in a joking manner.

Sam felt arms around him, he knew it was Jenn. He was so glad she came. He turned around to face her. "Thanks. I'm so glad you came!" He hugged her tightly. While he hugged her he whispered softly in her ear, "Leave whenever you need." he winked to her kindly.

Sam turned around to see Toni. "Hey Toni, thanks for coming." He beamed to her instead of hugging her, just to be on the safe side. He hoped a fight wouldn't break out. Even for Jenn's sake. At least Toni acknowledged them there, which was a plus.

Taylor came next, he hugged her back. "Hey Taylor! Thanks." Sam smiled excitedly to her. Sam then shrugged at her question, "I don't feel any different...but I'm glad you guys are here." he said to them all. "All we need now is Knight, who likes to take his time with things." he laughed.

Jenna nodded her head when Sam hugged and whispered to her, she didn't exactly plan on staying the whole time unless it could give her any way of forgetting about the pain her brother was in. She let go of Sam reluctantly then stepped over to Hoshi's side and gave her a warm hug.

She looked over to see Toni, she frowned inwardly, she didn't want any confrontation so she just nodded her head towards Blondie and said in a weak voice, "Hi." She smiled weakly at Taylor when she saw her and said trying to be as cheerful as she possibly could, "Hey Taylor!" She looked back over at Sam and giggled and said, "Nah he's just obsessing over his hair, you know him, Scorpius always has to look prefect for you Sam." She giggled slightly then whispered playfully, "I think he loves you."

Taylor smiled at Sam and then looked back at Jenna when she greeted her. It seemed rather forced, but Taylor wouldnt think into it. There was a part of Taylor that wondered how this group was going with all their 'situations', but it wasnt any of her business anyway. The group did seem a bit tense, but it was hard to notice, with it being Sam's birthday and all. With that thought she gave Sam another bright smile. Taylor absently glanced around, wondering what was keeping Knight at the mention of him, but Taylor heard Jenna whisper to Sam and giggled herself.

Sam laughed, "I thought it was just me who knew that.." he tried to keep a serious face, though everyone knew it was impossible for him. His cheeks became full and round from containg his laughter. He couldn't hold it any more and began to laugh out loud. At least Jenn was making jokes which was a good sign. Sam finally caught his breath and said, "Thanks guys for coming!"

Hoshi tossed up a peace sign at Toni when she came. "Yo." She said simply. She had no problems with Toni now that she met the Nepolde wench. Her reaction was better when she saw Taylor. She actually got up and Taylor a light thump on the back. "You made it Taylor-chan." She said with a wide smile on her face. Hoshi sat back down just in time to hear what Jenna had whispered and put her hands to her mouth to hide her laughter. It didn't work as it slipped out loud and full. She would talk to Jenna later again. Toni, though no longer the only girl she didn't particularly like, didn't need to know what was going on with her best girl friend.

Scorpius couldn't seem to find his right shoe when he was getting ready to leave for Prince's birthday. He had searched under his bed and all over the dorm room but still couldn't find it. When he tried summoning it, many shoes came flying at him and he groaned playfully. Finally he found it and shoved it on as he hurried out the door, not forgetting his gift.

Finally he ran down to the lawn and saw that once again, he was the last person to arrive. He flashed them all a grin and said, "Hey guys!" He went over to Prince and gave him a thump on the back. "Happy birthday mate," he said handing over his present. He looked at the other guests and grinned, glad to see them again.

[posting as Jenna]

Jenna giggled at Sam's response then when Scorpius arrived she giggled and said, "Nice hair Scorp." She smiled nicely at him and said with a weak grin, "How's it going?" She hoped that no one would mention anything about her mood, it wasn't to great, she felt quite sad about this whole thing. She looked over at Hoshi and gave her a look that said, 'Don't say anything'.

Knight arrived eventually and Sam smiled as he came over. "Hey! You didn't have to get me anything." Sam said he took the present and placed it on the rug, he hated opening presents in front of people. "Your not going to believe what I got off my parents. An Emerald Streak!" He was so excited when he unwrapped it this morning. "I also got two tickets to see Chudley Cannons over the summer from my uncle!" Sam couldn't believe his gifts this year. "....so if any of you support Chudley Cannons..I have an extra ticket." he looked at each of them indiviually.

Hoshi looked back at Jenna as if to say 'don't worry' then smiled at the rest of them. She looked up at Knight and gave him a large grin. "Hey finally made it." She said brightly. "Wait is this going to be the Okinawa Typhoons V.S Chudley Cannons match?" She asked Sam. The only matches she went to see was if her team was going to play. Hoshi was a bit of a snob like that when it came to Quidditch but she loved her home team.

Sam nodded excitedly, "Yup!" Then he gave her a smug grin, "You don't support those lameos? Do you?" he teased playfully, refering to Okinawa Typhoons. "Will you be there?" Sam asked, even if she did support them, it would still be a fun time. But he also had that spare ticket on his hands.

Hoshi's eyes went wide but she punched Sam playfully on the shoulder. "Get stuffed it the Cannons that got flattened last time and the Typhoons where just getting started." She said sticking her tongue out at Sam. "I am sooooooo there! And maybe I can catch a stray ball if it happens." She said laughing. She was taking a stab at the Chudley Cannons by saying they couldn't keep hold of the ball.

Toni took no notice to the rest of the group at first hoping that someone else that she cared for would come, or at least for Knight to show up soon. It was like Toni was the odd one out in the group though that was no surprise at all.

Finally Taylor showed up which was a bit of a relief. Flashing Taylor a small smile yet not saying a word. Toni didn't mind Taylor but still she didn't consider her a friend or at least not yet.

Though Knight soon arrived at the lawn. She nodded in his direction to say a hello wishing at the moment that Toni had gotten Sam something for his birthday but she had forgotten about the date really. Hopefully Sam would return the favor and forget about Toni's birthday.That would make her feel better about the whole situation.

Listening to the conversation briefly. Something between Sam and Hoshi about quidditch teams. Sure Toni liked a game of quidditch but she wasn't voting for any certain team. Actually she didn't know any other team besides the Cannons in which Sam talked about all the time.

As the conversation progress, Toni just sort of listened not bothering to say anything at the moment. There was nothing to say right now.

Taylor glanced up to see Scorpius arrive and gave him a grin in greeting, with a small wave of her hand. She then turned her attention back to Sam as he explained the gifts he had recieved. "Wow thats wicked." She said sincerly. She then listened as Hoshi and Sam had a small playful argument about quidditch and chuckled with a small shake of her head. She enjoyed quidditch, but only when she was playing herself or actually at the match. Her dad had taken her a few times, but she hadnt really payed much attention.

Sam laughed, "Whatever the Cannons are legends." Sam said, he had always supported them. "Good luck catching a free ball though. I may have to kill you for it." he joked.

Sam realised Toni hadn't spoke much. Which was odd, when they were together she wouldn't stop. He smiled to her as a way of saying 'Thanks'. He realised it must suck for her being here.

"Hey Knight? Do you support the Cannons?" he asked him, he was his last hope. No one else seemed up for the idea of going to the match except Hoshi. Who was rooting for the other team.

Jenna sat down beside Hoshi quietly and listened as Sam spoke about the Chudely Cannons, they were her favorite team but she decided she would just stay quiet. She looked over at Scorpius when Sam asked him if he supported the Cannons she smiled warmly at Scorpius but stayed silent still, as she fiddled with the gift she had bought for Sam.

Scorpius chuckled at the banter between Prince and Hoshi, glad that they hadn't changed a bit. When the question was directed to him and everyone seemed to be waiting for his answer he ruffled his hair lightly before saying, "Sorry mate, my parents have always been fans of the Wimbourne Wasps," he said with a shrug. "So naturally, I support their rivals, the Appleby Arrows," he said with a wink. "I'd still go with you though if no one wants to, it'd be fun to see them live in action. Maybe they could convince me to switch teams," he suggested in jest.

Sam winced over-dramatically when Knight said Wimbourne Wasps, "Man they suck!" Sam laughed though he was happy that he supported the Appleby Arrows and not the Wimbourne Wasps. The Arrows weren't so bad, they were no Cannons but they were alright. "Yeah thanks man. I'll get back to you later on that." He said to him. He then turned around and knelt on the rug. He stood up and returned to face his friends with cakes in his hands, "Anyone hungry?" Sam asked them. "I didn't make them so...they're good." He joked.

Hoshi bit her lip while she looked at the cakes. It was so easy to ingnore Toni when there where so many people around. Then again she could handel her if thing got to that point. "Alright I'll test one out then tell you all if it safe to eat them." She said laughing. She knew the house elves wouldn't poison them. She took one of the cakes and ate it carfuly. Hoshi could never eat alot of sweets because of her problem with suger rushes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back