Sams Birthday

Sam took all the little pieces of torn envelope from each of them. He gathered them in his two hands and shook them quickly, giving the names a good mix. Sam then looked up from his hands and asked openly, "So whose first?" Sam really didn't mind who he got or who got him but he sort of felt bad for the people who did..maybe this wasn't such a good idea afterall. Maybe he should have just put his laziness aside and bought the damn presents. It was too late now to change. He continued to shuffle his clasped hands.

"I'll go first," Scorpius offered, shrugging. Once Prince had shuffled them in his hands well enough, Scorpius reached over and grabbed any piece of paper. Once he unfolded it he laughed and said, "I got my own name." He folded the paper back up and and put it in the pile, waiting for Prince to re-shuffle them.

[I put the list on a randomizer website and I really did get my own name first which is why I RPed that. :lol: ]

Sam laughed, "Trying to get out of shopping even more than me." he teased before shuffling them again. Once he was satisfied that they were mixed quite well he opened his hands again, "Now try." He didn't exactly say this to Knight anyone could have taken one.

Scorpius playfully pushed Prince's shoulder as a form of saying 'shut up.' After he had re-shuffled them, Scorpius ruffled his fingers in the small pile of papers and pulled one out, making sure it wasn't his own again, and thankfully it wasn't. He smiled and folded his small piece of paper, not saying who he got because it was supposed to be a secret after all.

[Do you want me to say who it is or shall it really remain a secret? :shifty: How would that work? I'd have to say who it is just so no one else got that person, right?]

((Yeah your going to have to say it ;) ))

Taylor saw Knight pick his person and then reached out to pick her own. She wondered who he got, but it was meant to be secret, so she ignored the curiosity. Pulling the paper towards her she looked at it, without letting the others see.

Taylor was almost glad she got Toni, she figured she might be slightly easier to buy for than the others. Pocketing the paper, she waited for the others to pick their own.

Sam decided that he'd have his turn. He shook the balls of paper briskly in his hand then opened his palm flat out. He picked the first one that he saw and opened it:

Sam was quite happy with that, Hoshi seemed to be easy enough to buy for. She wasn't into all clothes and jewelery to an extent that all his other female friends were, so he could completely stay away from that area. But what else could he buy her?

Hoshi reached into the pile crossing her fingers. Hoshi really didn't want to get anything for Toni but all the others she could come up with something to give them. She pulled out the scrap of paper carefuly and sighed.

[Eeep Toni is stuck with Jenn :p ]

Jenna reached into to pile, anxiously, hoping that she wouldn't get Toni, while also hoping Toni wouldn't be stuck with her. When she had a paper in her hands she opened it up carefully and shrugged her shoulders, like she wasn't pleased with the fact that she got her best friend.

Toni was the last one to pick and she prayed that she wasn't going to get Jenna or Hoshi. It would be so much easier to shop for someone she actually liked. Taylor would probably be the easiest since Toni was better at shopping for girls than boys. Though Toni would shop for anyone besides Hoshi or Jenn.

Reaching in and grabbing a piece of paper, Toni read the name. It was so hard to hide the emotion of distaste that so badly wanted to make it's way onto her face. Instead Toni closed the piece of paper opening it once more in hopes that it would change. It didn't. It still read the same thing.

Closing the sheet of paper, Toni shoved it into her pocket trying to forget that she would actually have to buy something for christmas for someone she completely hated. Hopefully Sam would be helpful, in a way Toni doubted. He afterall wasn't the best shopper in the world.

When Toni picked the last name from his hand, he nodded, "Okay so will we just give these to each other in our own time or have a set date?" Sam said hoping they wouldn't want a set date. He really didn't want to know how many days he had left to shop for Hoshi or Jenn.

Taylor attempted a shrug, but failed still lying down. She got up and sat with her legs crossed. "I think we just give it to each other in our own time. We see each other all the time, surely it wont be that hard?" She looked around at everyone else, it did seem like the easiest way.

"Yeah I agree." Sam said quickly. That was what he had hoped would happen he would now probably end up buying Hoshi a present at the last minute. He looked around at all of his friends wondering if Jenn or Hoshi or Toni got each other, that might not work out so well since they didn't set the date.

Taylor noticed Sam thinking about something and Taylor thought she might have an idea as she noticed his gaze on the other girls. They wouldnt willingly spend time together, "Well, if we really struggle, we can organise something when everyone agrees with it." She shrugged again, trying to make it sound conversational.

Once everyone had a small piece of paper in their hands, Scorpius smiled weakly at them. He hoped this idea would work. He knew some people might've gotten someone they didn't want to get and he felt bad about that, he was fortunate enough to get along with all of them and even better, get his ultimate best friend in the gift exchange. "If you happen to get a gift from someone you don't necessarily like, just imagine it's coming from all of us," he decided to say with a hopeful shrug. The same could be applied to any gift really. "I think we should organize something too," he agreed with Taylor. Sometimes he began hard to reach, being the only Ravenclaw in the group as well, so he figured organizing something for a quick exchange wouldn't be too bad.

Sam took in Scorpius' opinion. Maybe they should set a date? Sam didn't mean to be a moan but this was a general point, "Some of you guys are going home for Christmas though...right?" He asked looking around at those who were going home. He wasn't sure about Toni though. "So we'd have to give it to each other before or after the break." He didn't really mind anymore about the decision, eventually he would have to go shopping sooner or later and it was just better to get it over with.

Taylor nodded with Sam, "I think after, that way everyone has time for shopping." She looked at Sam and Scorpius with a smirk. Knowing they would have difficulty. She was going home herself and it would be easier to go shopping during the holiday and then when they come back give her gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back