OOC First Name
Kadi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 13 Inch Unyielding Hazel Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Delilah hadn't decided what hurt worse. The gash on her leg or her pride, not that she had a big one to start with, but there was an ache in her chest that wouldn't go away. It would have been one thing if it had been a private lesson or even if everyone had been practicing at once, but no. All eyes had been on her as they all went one at a time, and she had royally screwed up. Everyone knows that splinching is a possibility but no one ever thinks it will happen to them. So maybe it did make some tragically poetic sense that it would happen to her. For a moment she considered snapping her wand. It wasn't like it had ever done her any good. Maybe then she could start fresh. But she could hear her father's voice saying something about a bad craftsman blaming his tools. Just like that her brief moment of anger deflated and Delilah was back to wallowing in her sadness once more.

She spared a glance at her leg. Even with it bandaged up it was hard to look at, mostly because it was a giant reminder of her mistake. Delilah could still see some of the bloody bandages and it made her head swim. She would be fine. It had been a deep cut but nothing that couldn't be healed with a few charms and time. She would be limping for a few weeks but nothing permanent but the ugly scar it was likely going to leave behind. Shutting her eyes tight she leaned back in the bed she had been set up in and willed herself to fall asleep until she could get out of here. Not that it would be much better, having to face everyone, but at least she could distract herself which was what she desperately needed now.

Ivy felt a little bad for staying until the apparition lesson ended so she could get extra practice in when Delilah had hurt herself, but she also knew she would be grateful for the extra practice when it was time for the apparition exam. Still, guilt propelled her forward quickly and caused her to push past a few younger students who gave her dirty looks as she rushed to the hospital wing. She opened the doors and looked around quickly, letting out a breath of relief at the sight of Delilah. She headed over to her and clasped her hand. "Hey, how are you doing?" She asked, searching her face.

Delilah opened her eyes when she heard the doors of the hospital wing open and quick moving footsteps. She was surprised yet relieved to see that it was Ivy. She felt a strange mixture of emotions and she was quiet as Ivy sighed with relief. There was a part of her that worried no one would check on her, not that she really needed anyone but the gesture made her throat feel tight. “I’m fine.” she said with a shaky voice, not realizing just how close to tears she actually was. But she waved off Ivy’s concerned expression. “Or I will be.” she added quickly, clearing her throat and gesturing to her bandaged leg. She hesitated for a moment before speaking again. She wouldn’t dare say this if Brooke was around but she always felt more comfortable with Ivy. “Mostly embarrassed.” she admitted quietly. It wasn’t like there was a parade of other classmates coming to the hospital wing bloody and maimed. The urge to snap her wand came back and she sighed.

Ivy could hear straight away that Delilah was close to crying and felt a hint of panic. She had never been great at dealing with crying people. But if Delilah needed it, she was sure she could. Ivy squeezed her hand. "It's okay to not be fine, it looked like it hurt a lot." She said softly, frowning a bit. Her frown deepened when the other girl admitted to being embarrassed. "What? Why? Don't be." She said firmly. "Splinching happens even to people who already have their apparition license, all the time. And you were so cool under it, I would have been screaming and crying and making much more of a scene, believe me." She said. "You're tough."

Delilah felt her throat tighten as Ivy comforted her and tears threated to make an appearance once more. She blinked rapidly to get them to go a way and she had no idea why her friend's kindness was making her feel this way. "It does hurt a bit still." she admitted with a shrug. It had also bled, a lot. But she didn't feel like she needed to included that gory detail. She was sure she had left enough blood in the great hall to prove that. In the moment it had been sharp and urgent but now it was dull and throbbing. More of an annoying and constant reminder than anything else. "Well I don't see anyone else in here." Delilah sighed when Ivy tried to reassure her it wasn't a big deal. She knew the other girls words were true but it was hard to accept when she felt like an outlier. "It just had to be in front of the whole class." she groaned and leaned into her self pity for a moment. "Yeah well..." she started to say something dismissive of Ivy's comment about her being tough. That generally wasn't a word that she would use to describe herself but she had hardly even cried when it happened. Maybe she could be tough. "Thanks."

Last edited:
Ivy tactfully ignored the way Delilah looked close to tears, fussing with her blanket for a bit so she could compose herself. She nodded sympathetically when Delilah admitted it still hurt. It wasn't a surprise, it was a rather large wound. She shrugged when her friend pointed out none of their other classmates were here. "Maybe not today, no. But I've heard about it happening before. I bet someone splinches just about every year." She said, stating it as a fact even though she had no idea if that was even close to accurate. "It just happened to be you this time. That only means the odds of it being you again next time are smaller." She said with a decisive nod, even though she was aware this was very shaky logic. "You'll be fine." She said with the same decisive tone, as if that alone would make it true.

"I guess so." Delilah sighed and smiled faintly as Ivy fussed with her blanket. She let her friend's confident words sooth her. She wasn't sure if she believed all of it but she liked that Ivy did. "I hope you're right." she said. "A bit like lighting striking twice." she added, the implication being that it wouldn't happen again. But all they had left was their exam and if she messed up again that would mean she had failed completely and wouldn't get her license. Obviously it wouldn't be the end of the world but it would insult to her existing injury. But she shook her head. There was no use putting the thought in her head at all. "How was the rest of the lesson?" she asked, wanting a slight change in subject. "Hope I didn't make a mess." she said, making a face.

Ivy had the brief urge to correct Delilah, as it really wasn't like lightning striking twice. That was more or less pure chance, while apparating depended on Delilah's skill and confidence. But that wasn't what she needed to hear. Instead, Ivy nodded. "Exactly." She said, fussing with her hair for a moment. Delilah asked how the rest of the lesson went and Ivy took a moment to contemplate her answer. "It was fine, I think some kids were so busy focusing on their own stuff they didn't even notice." She said, hoping that was reassuring rather than insulting. "We just kept practicing a bit longer." She said, deciding not to mention she had kept practicing a bit longer than strictly necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back