Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella had shown intentions of wanting to check out the Forbidden Forest long before. She wondered if any of her friends would show up, as she wasn't really intent on going in alone. She would just pace the edges of the dark and gloomy place for a quick peek, to see if she could glimpse any magical creatures.
She stood there with her hands in her pockets, her bloodwood wand in her grip, wondering if anyone would come by. It was against the rules to go into the forest, but a mischievious shroud had taken over her, and her attitude at the moment stated that some restrictions were just meant to be broken.
She waited quite nervously to see if Rose, Alex, Andi or anyone else, for that matter, would come by to go exploring with her.

Rose walked quietly through the forest, careful not to step on any twigs and trying not to rustle the grass with her steps. She had seen her friend, Estrella entering the forbidden forest. Rose crept up behind Estrella and leaned her face in close to Estrellas ear and shouted, "BOO!!"

"Aaah!" Estrella screamed, and pulled her wand out, ready to use any spell that came to mind. "Oh," she gasped, "You almost gave me a heart attack." She breathed in whooping gasps of air that sounded like a sick laught. "Alright, we're even. I got you in the Sixth floor corridor, you scared me here. Haha." Her face was a beet red. "And to think I almost hexed you!" She smiled, and then added, "I wonder if Alex or Andi are going to show up."

"Hey," said Alex a little out of breath, "sorry I'm late. I was busy in the hospital wing, but I'm pretty good to go now. So," Alex rasied his wand, The Merlin, high into the air, "are we off? Lumos."

"Maybe we should wait just a minute to see if Andi still shows up," Estrella murmured. "And how was the hospital wing? I heard that you got a werewolf scratch."

"Yeah, but everything is looking on the up and up."

At that moment, Andi, it seemed popped up out of nowhere. She was out of breath, her face completely flushed and she let out a heavy sigh. "Sorry about that. I meant to come much sooner when I saw you all coming out, but seeing as I was in the towers, it took me a little longer!" She looked around keenly, "So, are we off then?"

"Yeah!" Estrella exclaimed. "I'm glad you all came. I didn't really want to go this alone. Lumos." Her wand glowed with light. "I thought maybe we could peek around a bit, just go in a few yards..." She looked around at all of them, and inquired, "Everyone up to it? You don't have to if you're scared." Her grin was mischievious.

"Pshyeah, a few yards? With a place called The Forbidden Forest, who knows what kind of Dark magic awaits? We go, until we can go no futher, and then we crawl a little more. Ha. Lumos! Let's roll." Alex couldn't wait, his first few days here have been great with all of this wondering, and school hadn't even started yet. As they went to move forward Alex grab at his chest and winced. Before they said anything, Alex looked at the girls and said, "It's all right. Let's go. So, what are all of your scheduals like?"

"They're all the same because of course, we're Ravenclaws," Estrella said. "We have History of Magic tomorrow with I think, the Hufflepuffs. Oh, by the way Alex, my friend, Drueyna, was just sorted into Gryffindor House. She doesn't know anyone here yet besides me, you should introduce yourself to her." Smiling, she stepped farther into the forest. "Sure you aren't scared Alex?" she goaded mockingly. "There might be wee ghosties, or vamps."

Andi couldn't help but chuckle at this remark. She loved the sense of adventure she felt with her new friends.

"Yeah, I think us Ravenclaws only have two classes with you this year, Herbology and Flying. Otherwise we have History of Magic on Monday, Astronomy tuesday, Charms wednesday, and then the rest is with Gryffindor." She stopped when she heard a snap to their left. Rose giggled nervously and stayed close to her friends. "Ooh!! Look!" Rose pointed to their left and through the shadows and trees she could just barely make out the figure of a centaur.

"That is so wicked," Estrella murmured. "Let's go talk to it!" There was a shriek from behind her as she stepped forward.

Rose laughed, a little relieved that it wasn't something terrible with big teeth, and looked at Estrella who had suggested they say hello. "My dad says that centaurs are kind as long as you treat them with respect. I guess my dad knew some centaurs, cuz when he went to school they had a centaur teaching Divination!"

"You mean Firenze the centaur?" Estrella gasped with a smile. "That was a legendary thing that Dumbledore did, he broke barriers with that one." Her smile was grim as she stepped towards the great creature. "I hope to all things that he's friendly."
But sadly, when they came to twenty yards from the centaur, admiring his chestnut coat and cherrywood red hair, he ran off, not wishing to converse with them.
"Wait!" Estrella exclaimed. "Oh, it's no use. But it's the Forbidden Forest! There's got to be way more stuff in here!"

Rose watched as the beautiful centaur galloped away and smiled. She took a deep breath, smelling the sweet scent of pine. She didn't understand why the Forest was so Forbidden. So far it seemed nice and beautiful. She smiled at Estrella and then said to Alex, Andi, and Estrella, "Let's go further in. What do you think?"

"Sure," Estrella said. "The fun can't end here!" She smiled mischieviously. "But just to be safe, we should all keep our wands out..."

"Thats fine by me. As long as there are no werewolves in here. Ha."

"That would not be good," Estrella murmured, stepping in even further, and she could barely see the edge of the forest anymore, obscured by the mists. "You think we should leave a trail?"

"Definately!" Andi had been pretty quiet so far, mostly so that it was easier to detect any unwelcome commotion. "We should definately make sure we can find our way back." As Andi was looking around for some ideas, she saw a strange outline between some trees. "Hey, do you guys see that? Toward the misty side, that silloutte? What is that?" She squinted and turned her head, but could make nothing of the black figure.

"HELLO?" Estrella bellowed, her voice carrying into the muffled silence. "who are you?"

Andi gave Estrella a little slap on the shoulder. "Don't do that! It might attack!!" she said in a forced whisper.

"Ow!" Estrella exclaimed. She had deserved it after all; she could be quite a loudmouth at times. "Well, let's find out what it is!" But the creature, or person, or thing, for that matter, did not reply.

As they walked closer, Rose could tell that the thing had thick fur and was breathing deeply. When they got even closer she could hear the almost growls that came out as the thing breathed. It still hadn't moved forward, but Rose saw it's "hand" move. She put her arm out to stop her friends from advancing. "Shh." She said in the lowest voice she could. "I think that thing is bad....very very bad." She still was talking lowly, but a loud snort came from the thing. Rose gasped and backed up a step.

Alex slightly whispered, "Don't tell me it is another bloody werewolf!" as his hand brushed across his still deep and slightly painful scars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back