OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2" Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Ajax had always loved skateboarding at school, it was about as enjoyable at it could be. Certainly on the drier days it was good to just ride around the huge expansive grounds on his skateboard, but the depths of winter always made it a little more difficult. It had just rained, and it had put a temporary hold of Ajaccio’s grand plans to skateboard all day, but the moment it had finished he’d gone to the courtyard and just began skateboarding. It was nice, his hair was loose and wild, unhelpful by the way he was skateboarding round and round the courtyard. He had rose cheeks, wind swept easily. It was nice, had a nice feeling to it. He hadn’t been back at the school long, but he had missed the outdoors more this year than the last. Perhaps the short lived version of his holiday had made him miss it more now. Ajax could just ride around, going in circles, doing the occasional jump and just having a good time overall. He liked having friends as he did at school, but he’d grown up mostly alone and he certainly didn’t mind his own company like this.

It had been far too long since Chloë had danced in any way possible and the youngster was keen on changing that. She had heard some students talk about a special arts room of something of the sorts last year, so she figured it would be worth her time to go and check that out. Entry to this place should be somewhere around the courtyard, which put a slight damper on things. The weather hadn't been great and she didn't feel like searching for something in the puring rain, so the Gryffindor had been patiently waiting for the rain to end. When it finally did she made her way down from the tower their common room was in and carefully stepped outside in case the rain had started again in the time it took her to get down. It hadn't and Chloë happily made her way further onto the courtyard. She had been so busy looking around for a door somewhere that she hadn't noticed a boy making his way around on a skateboard and was only able to step aside just in time and not be in his way. "You always out here alone?" She asked, her curiousity taking the better of her as it usually would.

Ajaccio just like the feeling of the wind on him, no matter how light it was. He wasn’t paying attention to most people, but someone suddenly being in his path and him correcting to move out of the way with her moving too was enough to bring his attention fully back. It wasn’t enough to stop in front of who had spoken or answer their question, he just went around in a wide circle and when he came back around he came to a stop in front of her. She was in his year but not a ravenclaw though. He had a wide smile on his expression, ”Not always here, and not always alone,” was his answer. He remained on the skateboard, bending his knees to make it move ever so slightly forward. ”I’m Ajaccio, or Ajax,” he held out his hand to her as an introduction. He hadn’t ever spoke to her before despite them being in the same year, he always felt bad for all the people he hadn’t had the chance to meet properly. ”Do you skate? Or am I just a bit in your way?” he meant the last question genuinely and had a light tone as he said it clearly not minding if her answer was yes, he was riding around and around the courtyard, that would have to be annoying to some.

Chloë wondered if the boy had even heard her, or if he did but was too busy getting around that he didn't feel the need to respond to her. Which was fine, she wouldn't really mind. The Gryffindor was about to move on in her search for the door to the arts room when she noticed he was actually coming back towards her. So the boy did hear her. She left out a soft chuckle at his answer to her question. "Yeah, fair enough." His answer could have made her feel a little silly for asking, but the smile that came with them erased that feeling within a second. She smiled brightly as she shook the end he had held out to introduce himself. "I'm Chloë." She introduced herself, the French pronounciation of her name slightly sticking out against everything else she said in English. She had always been fond of her name and it had taken some time for her to get used to people in this country pronouncing her name the English way. Now, however, she didn't really mind how people said her name, but that didn't take away that she would always pronounce it the way her parents had chosen to. "Oh no, I don't think I've ever touched a skateboard in my life." She shook her head and laughed. "I was just looking for some sort of art room? Heard it should be somewhere around here." She shrugged, wondering if perhaps there wasn't such a room at all. Then again, it sounded very Hogwarts-y for there to be one.

Ajaccio heard the way that she pronounced her name and couldn’t help a little smile which came on to his features, he wondered how annoying it was to have people constantly get her name just ever so slightly wrong. It had to be frustrating. ”Nice to meet you, Chloë, he very purposefully pronounced in the same manner she had, ”Are you french?” he asked, switching to french, a little smirk on his features. He was fluent in a number of languages, just places he’d spent a lot of time, at moments where he then also went to school. He had picked up a lot of languages, but was fluent in a few, French being one of those, they’d spent a lot of time when he was young travelling around france. He had a little twinge on his accent, but it mostly indicated that it wasn’t a native language to him. He laughed lightly when she said she’d never touched a skateboard in her life, ”Would you like to?” he didn’t mind sharing his skateboard or showing other people how to ride it. But, he nodded, ”You just missed it, if you head a little in and it’s the door on the right,” Ajaccio told her, he hadn’t often been in, but he knew where it was. He hadn’t seen anyone else head in as he’d gone around and around, ”I think it’ll be empty,” though he knew he could’ve been wrong, a day like this, not everyone was like him and would appreciate that faintest air of not raining.

Chloë smiled when the boy seemed to make a point of pronouncing her name the way she had done. "Yes. Well, 50 percent of me is." She answered, the switch from English to French being such a natural thing for her that at first she didn't even process the fact that the boy had actually switched languages. At her home it was something that often happened. Her mother and brother spoke more French, whilst Chloë and her dad spoke more English. Needless to say there was a lot of switching languages in their house, often without even doing it on purpose. "Wait, that was French!" She happily exclaimed when it had finally gotten through to her. "You know French? Where did you learn?" Chloë smiled. It was nice to hear someone speak in her mother tongue for a change, but she wondered whether the boy just knew some basic stuff or if his knowledge of the language was more advanced than that. Nevertheless he tried and in that moment she decided she liked the kid. Who knew, maybe they'd become friends. "Touch your skateboard?" She joked in response to his question, after which she carefully poked the board with her shoe. "Done. Can't believe that took me twelve years." Chloë chuckled. It was a stupid joke, but she didn't really care. She turned in the direction the boy said the room would be and alas, there was the door. She couldn't exactly figure out how she had missed it, but at least now she knew where to find it. "That would be a bonus. Thanks." She smiled thanking him. At least if there was no one around she'd have plenty of time to examine the room and see what it had to offer.

Ajaccio couldn’t help the wide grin on his features when she responded in french which grew even wider when she realised that they had just spoke french to each other. He was quite sure that realisation and her expression had made his day. He laughed with her and just smiled. ”I learnt it in France,” he replied with a little laugh, ”I’ve spent quite a bit of time in France over the years so, I picked up the language,” he told her, deciding to not go into too much detail about the why or about his father though if she pushed for more answers he would give them. ”Do you prefer french or english?” he asked, speaking with her in french would definitely help keep his french up and it would be nice, could even be quite fun. He laughed as she touched his skateboard, ”Right, what was holding you back! So easy,” he joked back with her. The boy was almost a bit disappointed when she looked over to where the door was, she would probably head on inside. ”Yeah, if you get bored of being in there, you can come back out and join me on with the skateboard, I’ve heard it’s quite addictive, once you’ve touched it, you’ll always want more.” Ajaccio wouldn’t force the girl to spend time with him if she had other things to do, but he couldn’t help but think it would be quite fun to get to know her a little better.

Chloë was still a bit perplexed that the boy had just asked her something in french. She had never thought about the fact that there might be more kids at the school who spoke french, even if it wasn't their first language. Perhaps that had been a bit naive of her, but she had just never heard any other student speak it in her first year. "That's awesome." She smiled. "Do you still go there?" She asked curiously. If he did, she envied him. She hadn't been back to france since they left and if she was being honest she did miss it. Sometimes she wondered if she had made the wrong choice when choosing her school. If she had followed her brother and attend beauxbatons then at least she'd be able to spend time there. But she liked hogwarts and even though she missed her country, she couldn't imagine attending another school. "I like english, but now that we're talking I'm realizing how nice it is to be able to speak french here at school. Normally it's just at home with my family." She answered truthfully. She tried her best not to ramble too fast, but just speak casual and clearly because she didn't know the extent of this boys french. Although it did sound like he was pretty fluent, so maybe she shouldn't worry about it. "Yeah, so glad I finally got that out of the way." Chloë chuckled. She looked at the door weighing the options in her head. She could either head inside and do what she had come for or she could stay outside. After a couple of seconds she had made her decision and turned back to the boy. "So what's the trick?" She asked, nodding towards the skateboard with a little smirk.

Ajaccio was quite pleased at the reaction his french was getting, ”I was there over the break for a bit, my dad I cycled through parts of the alps,” he hadn’t used much french during this trip, but it was always useful to know it and to use it, and it was always good to keep it up. He nodded along as she spoke in French, saying that she enjoyed english but that she almost missed speaking French. Perhaps it was because here at school everyone spoke english and her distance to the second while at this school must be hard. Since English was his native language and the rest he spoke were later add ons, he didn’t have the same connection to any of them that he was sure she had to her french. ”Well, if ever you want to speak french, come find me,” he told her a wide smile on her face but a genuine honesty in his tone. He would always happily speak with Chloe in which ever language she wanted and would be happy to provide some assistance. Ajax was quite pleased to have now met and spoken with Chloe, she seemed like a person who would have fun, who in Ajax’s mind just seemed quite chill. He watched for a moment as she turned away, heading towards where she’d said she was going, but couldn’t help the little smile on his face when she turned back, pleased to be able to spend a little more time with her. ”The trick?” Ajax placed the board on the ground, and stood upon it, ”The trick is to be prepared to fall,” Ajaccio laughed lightly as he finished speaking, she would likely realise that riding on a skateboard in the beginning would involve a lot of falling. ”Do you want me to show you how an expert does it, or are you all in to just try,”

"Sounds nice." Chloë nodded when he told her he'd actually been to france over the break and couldn't help but to feel a small pang of jealousy. She knew why her family had left france, but she didn't understand why they had never gone back to the country. They didn't have to go to the part they came from, but just anywhere would do. She had been asking, almost begging to just go on vacation to the country during the break once, just once, but her mother had always declined. "Thank you, I'll definitely take you up on that." She replied with a small smile. She truly appreciated his offer and it made her glad that she come out in her search for the arts room when she did. At least now she had gained a little more than what she had initially made her way outside for. "Well then this definitely isn't going to end well because I am fragile." Chloë chuckled when Ajax told her to be prepared to fall. She was a tiny thing and would regularly find a bruise of which she had no idea how she got it. But hey, if a couple of scrapes and bruises were the price she would have to pay to have some fun then she'd be willing to pay. She also hoped that maybe, just maybe she wouldn't do too bad. All her years of dancing had given her pretty good balance and she figured that might help her out a little. Or it wouldn't. Either way she knew she'd probably find herself spending more time on the ground than on the actual board. "Oh please do show, mr. expert." She laughed, readying herself to carefully observe.

Ajaccio wondered if Chloe lived in France or if she now lived in New Zealand, he had to think New Zealand because she was at this school rather than the french one, but it could also be easily like his brother, who had picked to be at school in New Zealand, when he did not in theory need to be here. Ajaccio hoped that she would take him up on the offer of speaking french, he didn’t get many occasions to practice his languages and welcome any opportunity to do so. The ravenclaw smiled as she called herself fragile, ”Oh dear,” he said in agreement almost. The girl was maybe not going to enjoy the skateboarding, and he couldn’t imagine it would reflect well on him if he got one of the gryffindors hurt. ”Maybe I should get you a helmet..” he said with a smile, he didn’t have one on him, but he wouldn’t mind going back to his dorm to grab his. He didn’t really wear it all that often so he was more than happy to lend it to her if she wanted it. However Chloe seemed to want to see what Ajax could do, which was a little limited at the flat courtyard, but he just smirked at her, and pushed off with the skateboard. He did a lap of the courtyard, showing a few quick, simple doable tricks as he went around, but there was certainly an ease with which he rode. He circled back round and stopped in front of her, ”See, an expert,” he grinned easily at her. ”So, you’ll need to call me Mr. Expert from now on,” he was smiling so easily, it always made him feel so good to skateboard. ”I hope I haven’t put you off, by showing you how good at it I am,”

Chloë seriously considered getting a helmet for a second, but figured she'd just have to be carefull. "Nah, I'll be fine. Promise." She smiled, sounding more confident than she actually was. It wasn't so much her head she was worried about but more so everything else. She was flexible sure, but her bones weren't and she had her fair share of broken bones in her life. She also wasn't one to worry too much about getting hurt, which might not be her best quality if she thought about it a little better. Nevertheless she wasn't planning on trying anything difficult so she figured she'd be fine without a helmet. The gryffindor was honestly surprised when Ajax set off to show her what he got. She'd seen the ease with which he had seemed to be riding around when she entered the courtyard but now he also managed to pull of some tricks inbetween. She nodded approvingly when he stopped back in front of her. "Yeah definitely won't call you that again, but you were pretty good." She smiled referring to calling him mr.expert, before quickly adding something else. "Don't let that get to your head though. " Chloë laughed. She raised an eyebrow at his next words, but nevertheless there was a hint of a smile. "Oh you've definitely just met me," She laughed in a friendly manner, "Because I don't shy away from a challenge."

Ajaccio was pleased that she didn’t think she’d need a helmet, as much as it was probably better to wear a helmet, he knew it would be such a trek back up and for next to nothing. Ajaccio also didn’t tend to show off like he had with Chloe, but he had decided to, enjoying the feeling of showing off to her. It was just harmless fun. The boy laughed heartily as of course she refused to call him an expert, he would’ve certainly refused to call anyone else that too.”Fair enough,” he appreciated her half compliment too, even if he knew he was better than pretty good, she didn’t need to say anything for him to believe it. ”Hey, I’m a ravenclaw, I’d never let something like that go to my head,” he didn't believe in the house structures really defining how people were, but when it suited him, he’d be more than happy to at pretend with it. He held out the skateboard to her, as she accepted the challenge. "Give it your best shot," Keen to watch her just try with it. Though they’d been joking and he got the feeling she would give this a more than fair shot, Ajax wouldn’t just stand idly by watching, he be close enough to give her a hand if she fell, or if she needed a little help to stop herself. He knew how unsteady people were when they first tried skateboarding, and he was sure that even with all of her confidence it wouldn’t be entirely smooth sailing. Though if it was, Ajax knew he’d be mildly impressed.

Chloë started to wonder whether her confidence would actually get the better of her this time. She figured she'd be fine and wasn't too worried but she still felt like perhaps this wasn't the best move. Nevertheless she was having fun and was sure looking around the arts room wouldn't beat that. She couldn't help but let out a little laugh when he responded to her remark by referring to himself as a ravenclaw. "Didn't think you'd be into the whole 'my house defines who I am' thing." She responded, forming air quotes to go with her words. "Plus I'm pretty sure there are conceited Ravenclaws out there somewhere." Chloë added jokingly. Not that she thought Ajax was even a little bit conceited because he seemed way too chill for that. She was slightly surprised when he actually held out the skateboard to her. She was honestly excited to give it a try but they had been joking so much that she didn't know if he would actually trust her with his board. What if she broke it or something? "Oh, I will." She responded far more confident than she asctually was about it as she took the board from him. The gryffindor put the board down on the ground and stepped up on it with her right foot, keeping the left on the ground. Please don't fall, please don't fall. It was pretty much the only thought in her head as she pushed of with her left foot and placed it on the board. She wobbled for a bit and when she found her balance it was a short-lived victory as the board came to a stop a couple of second after it. Perhaps she should've pushed off somewhat harder. Chloë turned the board around and pushed off a bit harder this time. She got further than she did the first time but she had to admit it was harder than she had imagined it to be. The gryffindor tried a couple more times, determined not to give up, before she completely lost her balance and stumbled off just in time to keep herself from faceplanting right into the ground. "Okay, so.. that's a lot harder than it looks.." She admitted honestly, a bit disappointed in her own skills.

Last edited:
Ajax laughed lightly, ”Maybe today I want to, and tomorrow I won’t,” he joked with a little smile. He didn’t usually ascribe the houses and how they defined people,but it was always fun to have a bit of a joke with someone. He felt like Chloe wouldn’t mind it and she seemed to be the sort of person who didn’t. She was pretty cool, and she took the skateboard from him with some confidence. He hoped that she wouldn’t get hurt, knowing that would reflect pretty poorly upon him, since he’d let her do it and never with a helmet or any protective gear. The ravenclaw watched as she took it, seemed to put one foot on it and half test that, and then managed to push off with the second and actually move without falling. He was pretty impressed, she hadn’t gone far,and she’d wobbled a bit, but she had remained on the board, and that in itself tended to be quite difficult. ”Yeah, but that was pretty decent as a first attempt,” he told her with honesty, ”Why don’t you try again, but put a little more push in your leg, that way you’ll go further,” he told her, ”You should be in a slightly prone position, knees bent slightly, which should help you keep your balance a little better,” he gave her a few pointers, wondering if she might give it another try. Ajaccio knew he wouldn’t think any less of her if she didn’t, she’d done it and given it quite a fair shot, it was good that she had given it a try. He felt pretty happy with it, and he hoped she’d feel happy with the attempt that she’d made too.

"Geez, make up your mind already." Chloë chuckled at his joke. Or at least she took it as a joke. She liked joking with people, knowing that things didn't always have to be serious, laughing with people. People who she could joke around with often ended up being her favourite people. Not that there was anything wrong with being serious, definitely not, but she just liked people who knew how to take a joke, no matter how small, better. The gryffindor smiled lightly when her attempt apparently hadn't been as bad as she had thought. She personally wouldn't know how to rate her attempt, so she figured she would just have to take Ajax's word for it. Chloë listened carefully to what the boy told her to do. That was if she were to try again. She considered it for a second, wondering whether this had been the best she could do. Perhaps she shouldn't try again. What if it went worse? But she wasn't a quitter and she was determined to get the hang of this or to do better at least. Ofcourse she knew she wouldn't be a pro within a few tries, but that didn't mean she didn't want to try. "Alright, I can do that." She nodded when he was done explaining and tried her best to position herself like Ajax had told her to. Chloë felt like this was a more steady position, but her balance didn't seem to disagree. She had pushed off better this time, harder, in an attempt to get further. And further she got. Unfortunately now that she was on the board longer her balance had more time to possibly abandon her and after a few seconds she found herself on the ground. Chloë could feel a pang of pain shoot through her arm as she sat up straight but other than that she didn't seem to be hurting anywhere else. She turned her arm towards herself to examine to find that it had been scraped from her elbow to the midst of her lower arm, which, if she was being honest, wasn't even as bad as it felt. "Guess that could've turned out worse, huh?" She stated more than that she asked as she turned her head towards Ajax, still sitting on the cold stones but with a small smile on her features. Sure, her arm hurt but she figured she still got off pretty good since she also could've hit her head or something.

Ajax shook his head at her returning the joke, he was pleased that she wasn’t taking it or him too seriously, though he wasn’t sure he’d ever given off the vibes of someone who would take anything seriously. He looked towards her as she took the skateboard for a second time and tried again, he noted that she did manage to go further this time, but didn’t manage to stay on it. He watched as she fell and gave a small wince of sympathy to her. That had to have hurt a little. He walked over to her and held out a hand to her, ”Hey, that’s how it starts for all,” he told her, ”When I was learning to skateboard, my dad and I were in this little town in Argentina, the pavements were so uneven and I went flying off it and scratched my whole front,” He told her with a wide smile, ”And then even when I’m pretty good I can still fall,” he knew the words likely sounded like he was boasting a bit, but he was also just trying to express that though he knew what he was doing, he still fell, he still got hurt and it wasn’t a bad thing that she had fallen. He gave her a little smile. ”The trick is to keep trying, and maybe wear a helmet,” he joked with her. He’d help her to her feet if she wanted it and then he would see, maybe the fall would’ve put her off, which he also wouldn’t necessarily blame her for, it was hard to fall down like that and get back up again.

Chloë smiled when he told her falling off is usually how people start out. Ofcourse she knew that, she hadn't expected herself not to fall either but part of her secretely wished she could've just stayed on. It was as if her balance had abandoned her when they had been such good friends all these years. "I guess falling off is part of the fun, huh?" She smiled as she got herself off of the ground and back up on her own two feet. "Ah, so you're a professional at skateboarding and falling off then?" Chloë joked. She liked poking a little fun at people if they seemed like they'd go along with it. "Right well I think that was enough trying for today." She picked up the board and held it out to him. "I had fun though, so thanks for letting me try!" She genuinly smiled at him. Even if she had been curious about the arts room she was pretty sure this had been a good way to spend her time. Ajax seemed like a fun person to be around and the fact that he was able to speak french with her was even better so she definitely hoped they would hang out more.

sorry this is so bad literally didn't know what to write

Users who are viewing this thread

Back