Resolutions for 2014

Alyssa Chevalier

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Willow Wand 13 1/4" Essence of Veela Hair
Wee it's 2014! :frantics: It's a wee bit late for some around the world, but I'm a bit curious to see what everyone's resolutions for 2014 are, if you even have any!

I always try not to make resolutions because I tend to forget half of them, but at the same time it's always nice to give myself things to work on. Here's hoping that 2014 is a better year for remembering them!

My resolutions are:
Raise my GPA
Exercise at least three times a week
Score an internship
Visit my family more often
Cut back on my coffee consumption

So those are mine, how about you guys?

I might as well make mine easy, and since Jessye made me. :r[ul][li]Live. If I fail the rest, at least I accomplished this one.</LI>
[li]Cut back on soda a bit
[li]HNZ more
[li]Make excellent grades
[li]Maintain a social life
[li]Don't mess up current friendships/relationship
[li]Go see Jessye this year
[li]Fix my car
[li]Get a good job
<LI>[li]Get a sonic screwdriver[/li][/ul]

I just put down random things.
Sonic Screwdriver is a Doctor Who thing. =))

So, I checked out last year's topic and am happy that I actually stuck to my resolution, which was to live a healthier lifestyle. I think that resolution covers a lot, so I'm going to keep that one. :p

I'd also like to work on increasing my fluency in the 2 non-English languages that I speak.

I stuck to all but one of my resolutions in 2013. I never did read every chapter of Don Quijote in Spanish.

This year:

-Write 365 pages of an original novel
-Read 36 books (12 of which need to be in Spanish)
-Take a dance class
-No eating fast food (this might be the most difficult, considering i'm traveling all the time)

I'm starting strong so far. I've written a page, am going to read before I go to bed, and haven't eaten outside of the house today.

I usually don't make resolutions but this year I have some I'll hopefully stick to :correct:
[ul]
[li]Create something everyday (even if it's horrible)</LI>
<LI>[li]Make friends with everyone in class
[/li][/ul]

Last edited:
Resolutions, though I never stick to them.

Attempt to eat more healthily.
Be less of an alcoholic.

Yeah, that's it. Aiming relatively low.

2014:

~Try to work out my sleeping problems
~HNZ more.
~Continue with more exercise; walk with Mam more.

Resolutions:
-Perfect eyeliner skills
-Find perfect red lipstick
-Use these tools to beat down the patriarchy

2014:

- Get done with the army and find a job.
- Travel to at least five destinations abroad.
- A new hobby! (still haven't made up my mind).
- Exploit my imagination into a book.

The above are unimportant if the following one won't exist:

- Share every nanosecond of this year with my family and my friends. Enjoy both the good and the hard times.

May this year bring to you what you desire :)

In 2014, I will kick depression and anxiety in the face and I will pass at least one course at university, doing something I actually want to do.

That's it, really. Nothing's going to go away but at the very least I will do something that makes me happy and I'll see it through.

also I'm in the midst of a New Year's cleanup in my room, so that's something. :lol:

My other resolution is to get a job at some point and save a bit of money so I can go to America at the start of next year. I really want to go to Awesome Games Done Quick 2015, whether that's playing a game or just being there to support, help out, and generally have a good time for a great cause. And I also want to go to New York and hang with a good few friends I have there. Hopefully I can manage that!

:donna: Buy a good microphone
:donna: Write and record some songs
:donna: Do a photography course

This is gonna be a good year for everyone! ^_^ :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back