Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
bisexual
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Rigid Black Walnut Wand with Manticore Venom Core
Lillian had explored the castle fairly thoroughly by now, fascinated by the anachronistic architecture, and the similarities and differences with the Hogwarts she'd known as a student. She had not, however, ventured outside much, and was naturally curious to explore the grounds as well. Today was an unusually sunny one for the season, and this early in the semester she didn't have much marking to do, so Lillian took her camera and went wandering across the grounds. She stopped often, to photograph graceful green stems, or the way the lake rippled against the shore, or the castle's towers rearing up against the sky. She strolled aimlessly across the Great Lawn, in the general direction of the forest. Lillian was curious about that, too, but even if she was allowed as a professor, it felt somewhat hypocritical to explore there purely out of interest, when catching a student doing the same thing would result in a detention. Instead, she paused again to photograph the trees at their outskirts, before turning for a different view of the castle.

The wind chime she was given last year for Christmas by Ms. Arora dangles above her from a tree she has personally adopted as her own. Where she mostly taught her lessons if not here the outskirt of the forbidden forest, where Madlyn roams around these parts often. The small breeze causes the wind chime to sway by the wind reminded how much she loved wind chimes. Madlyn can stand here all day feel relax and at ease by the bumping of tubes and a clapper that produce a range of sounds from pleasant tinkling to noisy clanging. Only when there is wind can one hear it ring, today was sunny out, but at least there was a small present of wind. Madlyn shut her eyes, taking in the nice weather and the sound the wind chime made, then she hears one that she wasn't quite familiar with. The tall witch discovers what it was upon opening her eyes, the shutter of a camera going off. "Hello Professor Sword," the giant woman greeted the other, seeing now who it was, Madlyn decided to become formally acquainted with the other professor. "Lovely weather we have today, right?"

Last edited:
Lillian was attracted first by the sound of wind chimes, the delicate jingle and clink rousing her curiosity. Lillian wasn't overly fond of the things herself; the noise was pleasant, for a while, but she thought it would become irritating if heard incessantly. When she turned to follow the noise, it was to see a startlingly tall figure emerging from the trees, who she recognised after a moment of alarm as the Care of Magical Creatures teacher. "Oh, hello, Professor Ateara." It struck Lillian as a little odd that she was addressing her by her title, where most of the professors went by first names among themselves, but if that was how she felt more comfortable, Lillian certainly wouldn't contradict it. "Indeed it is," she agreed, "and a good opportunity for some outside photography."

Madlyn not one to be formal, but for the time being it might be about being respectful. The old tribe ways was still embedded and rooted in 'some' aspect of her daily life. And it's not like she was close to the professor like she is with Briar or someone else in her inner circle. Which was pretty small on the count of her last post working mostly with creatures. Madlyn really needed to branch out a little, and maybe startling the professor wasn't a good start. "Didn't mean to startle you," she somewhat apologize, looking down at the camera. "I knew it sounded familiar, a little third year of mine has one. The boy really like to take his pictures," Madlyn squint some due to rays of the sun coming down on her. She moves back to the shaded part of the tree and watched Lillian to the side. "What is it that you're photographing?"

Lillian smiled, a little apologetically; she hadn't meant it to be that obvious that she'd been startled. "Oh, it's no problem," she said dismissively. She didn't want this to be Professor Ateara's first proper impression of her, but it was too late now. She nodded, pleased to talk about her hobby instead. "Yes, I'd noticed a few of the students share my interest." Of course, she hadn't tried to talk to any of them about it; Lillian was well aware that discussing things outside of schoolwork was considered far too weird by the majority of students. They didn't want to believe that their professors had lives outside of class. "Anything that strikes my eye, really. The castle is rather attractive in this light, and the trees, of course."

Madlyn relax around the professor, letting the woman get used to her stagger height. She found that if she spoke calmly that others would pay less attention to how tall she was, rather they pay more attention to her voice. It's different from what it was before, when she was a stubborn youth and always running wild in the forest. In contrast to her yesteryear, Madlyn has changed a lot. "It's nice to have a hobby outside of the classroom, sort of therapeutic...right?" Madlyn extend a long arm out, hand reaching out for a branch. She took a hold of it and gave it a little shake. Bits of white, dogwood flowers fell from the branches down on her. Madlyn smiles and stops the shaking, she didn't want to leave the tree bare. "Yes, it is. I can't believe it's my part time home again. Feels like I never left this place."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back