Closed Reflecting Clouds

Ann de Clare

• witty • genuine • urbane •
OOC First Name
Milan
Wand
Curly 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Laurel Wand with Veela Hair Core
The New Zealand winter had come to a slumbering end, September marked the beginning of spring and with it came the bright blue skies, awakening of birds and the sweet smell of nature waking up. Ann sat down on a bench near the lake, marvelling at the reflection of passing clouds in it’s glinstering water.

The last week had been her first at Hogwarts. She slowly started to get used to her new life her. To the sounds of a castle with hundreds of students waking up, of the corridors slowly filling with laughter and bustle. Her mornings spent in the Great Hall, and her evenings by the fire in the Ravenclaw common room of in the student lounge. She felt happy and ease.

Half an hour ago Ann had left the great hall after eating lunch. She had said goodbye to her fellow Ravenclaw students and went outside to enjoy the weather. Time was slowly passing by. She was still staring at the reflecting clouds, lost in thought and not really in a rush to do a single thing.

Emori was enjoying her time at Hogwarts, there was so much to do, and so many possibilities to meet people and there were so many places to explore. She was sure it was going to take her ages, and at least that meant that she would never be bored at the castle. The girl had signed up for various clubs at the club fair, and she was excited to see what they were all about. The thought that she might get overwhelmed hadn’t crossed her mind once. The first year wanted to spend her day somewhere different today, and she figured what better place than the lake. She packed her small backpack with the essentials (the one she didn’t use for classes) and made her way outside, noticing only a few people had had the same idea she did. Just as she was about to sit down right next to the lake, Em noticed a girl around her age, and she seemed to be staring at something in the sky, or the sky itself she wasn’t too sure. Out of curiosity, Em went over to her, giving her a smile. "Hi," she greeted. "If you don’t my asking, what are you looking at?"

Ann broke her stare, a bit startled by the sudden sound of a girl’s voice. “Oh! Hi!” she replied upon seeing the girl who greeted her. “I hadn’t seen you coming,” she said with a smile.

Ann looked back at the reflecting clouds in the water of the lake. “
The clouds.. the water..” she said, herself not really sure what she was exactly looking at. “I guess I was rather lost in thought and not really looking at something in particular,” she said while a chuckle escaped her lips.

She studied the girl’s face for a split second. She had seen her standing with the group of first years at the sorting ceremony, so she must be of the same year she was in. “
I don’t think we have met yet,” she said while smiling. “I am Ann.

Last edited:
Emori smiled at the other girl, she wasn't surprised that she hadn't seen her coming, as she had seemed so invested in staring at the sky. Though the Slytherin couldn't blame her. It was quite the sight. She giggled at the other girl's answer, not quite what she was expecting although it did make sense. "I see. Well, mind if I join you?" she asked, not waiting for much of an answer before she plopped down on the grass, always eager to make new friends. "That's a really pretty name! It's nice to meet you Ann, my name's Emori. Or Em, for short," she introduced herself too when the girl did. "How are you finding it here?" she then asked, curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back