Receiving a letter

"Do you not want to go back up to Scotland for Christmas?" Amy asked Blane, slightly tentatively.

Amy shrugged, "fair enough" she said. She moved her gaze upwards to the slightly cloudy sky, turning gradually darker with the threat of rain. "Do you like being in Hufflepuff?" Amy asked Blane randomly, still gazing upwards at the sky.

Amy smiled, "Not a lot of rain, although the one time I did see rain here, I ended up in the Hospital Wing" she said with a slight smile, remembering her ankle crumpling underneath her as her and Kat raced each other back to the castle in the pouring rain.

Amy smiled, "I was walking out here with Kat, she's in my house you see" she explained. "But it started spitting and so Kat said she would race me back to the castle and so we started raining but it began to absoloute pour and I slid and my ankle gave way and I couldn't move and so I was sitting in the pouring rain with a twisted ankle" she managed to say all in one breath. She smiled at Blane, before laying down on the grass, her eyes looking up at the stormy sky.

"It was really painful at the time but sorted now" Amy said with a small smile. "I'm not too sure about that one" she said in reply to Blanes question. She remained laying down and thought about it for a moment. "Maybe its the same?" she asked, somewhat rhetorically.

"Yeah I really enjoyed it!" Amy responded to Blanes question as he laid down as well. "We had great fun, a load of us played some games and stuff!" she said happily, remembering the game in which they pushed apples across the floor. "Did you have a good time there?" she asked him in return.

"Oh thanks, so was yours!" Amy said to Blane. Amy thought for a moment at Blane's next question. She crinkled up her face as she thought, "Hmmm somebody has said something about another event but I really can't remember what it is..." she trailed off, trying to remember.

"Mmm same" Amy said thinking. "Ahh well I'm sure it'll come to me" she said with a smile, hoping that it wouldn't rain on them.

Amy smiled, "Yeah I like the rain, like you said, washes away the dirt and makes everything fresh" she said happily.

Amy listened as Blane spoke about the rain. "I just like the way its almost like it wipes the slate clean, and you start all over again" she explained, hoping she made some sense.

Amy laughed, "Yeah very true" she said. She sighed, breathing in the fresh autumn air, continuing to gaze up at the ever growing cloud.

"Rain or snow..." Amy mused. "I like the rain because it washes everything away but then I like the snow because its so clean" she said happily, "Well it is at first anyway" she added. "Ermmm I like them both in all honesty" she said with a smile. She turned to look at Blane, "How about you?" Amy asked him.

Blane didn't even need to think about his answer. "I prefer rain to snow mainly because I hate snow" He said "I much prefer rain its waters plants, it means that its not too cold and also because I can go out in rain and walk around alone and no one will see anything."

Amy smiled, "Yeah I guess so". The cloud seemed to be growing in size and she hoped that it would hold, "Do you reckon it will hold much longer?" she asked, voicing her thoughts to Blane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back