Receiving a letter

Amy Stone

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Amy had recieved her letter just a few moments ago but didn't open it straight away. She didn't know why but she just felt like she needed to get away for a bit, so she headed out to the grounds. She walked around for a while, the letter clutched tightly in her hand and abruptly stopped, chucking herself down on a random place on the lawn.
She looked around and seeing no-one else around, opened her letter and began to read.
Amy,
Im glad to hear you've got time to write to your old uncle! How are you my love? I hope everythings going okay with you?
Your lessons sound absoloutly great, and it sounds like your learning a lot, well you should be at least!
Nothing interesting has been happening up this end, so nothing to worry about, including your dad. He apologises for nto sending anything sooner but he's been extremely busy with work.
I must go now I'm afraid but I hope to hear form you soon
Love
Callum
xxxxx

Amy reached the end of her letter quickly and was confused. She had written so much to her uncle in her previous letter and in return she had got, what, a couple of lines? She was upset that he hadn't been able to write much at all, and the news about her father was a small comfort. She hadn't heard from him at all, nothing, not even a small note to say he was okay. And what had her uncle done to reassure her? Next to nothing.
She sat and looked down at the letter, squeezing it tightly into her hand. It had done nothing for her, hadn't helped or reassured her in the slightest and she felt completely let down.

Blane walked out onto the lawn and could've danced. He was so pleased that he had done all his lessons for the day and had no homework. As he walked across the grass he saw Amy sitting alone. He noticed she had a letter in her hand. He walked over and sat down. "Letter from home?" Blane asked her nodding towards the letter

Amy hardly heard Blane approache her and was therefore slightly suprised at the sound of his voice, asking about the letter. "Oh yeah it is" she said, crumpling the letter even more tightly in her hand at the mention of it. "How are you anyways?" she asked Blane, thinking it only polite to ask.

"Im okay thanks" Amy said, quite shortly. She wasn't sure if she wanted company or not at the moment. She didn't know what she wanted at all in fact, but didn't want to push people away from her. "How are things?" she asked Blane absent mindedly, gazing out across the lawn.

"Yeah things are all right" Amy said shrugging, continuing to look out across the lawn. The days were gradually getting colder and Amy was glad of the thick jumper she was wearing. There was a slight breeze that played with her hair as she sat on the relatively cold grass. There were a few clouds in the sky which frequently covered the sun, reflects my mood Amy mused as she gazed up at the dull Autumnal sky. She had completely forgottten that Blane was next to her and jumped slightly as she looked round at him. "How are classes going?" she asked him politely, not really getting into deep conversation with him.

"Oh good, good.." she trailed off. She didn't know how to respond to his next question. She didn't know if she wanted to talk about it or not. 'Something bothering you?' she repeated Blane's words in her head. "I don't know" she responded simply, shrugging. She sighed. In her heart of hearts she really didn't know. The lack of contact most probably.

Amy paused before responding to Blane's answer. "Mmmm, kind of" she replied shortly. She didn't know if she really wanted to talk and knew her answers were unhelpful and short but didn't do much about it.

"My uncle" Amy replied keeping her answers short.

Amy thought carefully before answering Blane's question. "My dad hasn't had time to write to me" she replied, looking at the ground.

Amy had a feeling one of those questions would come up sooner or later. "He's a doctor" she merely said, not really wishing to divulge much more information.

"He's a GP, he doesn't work in a hospital" Amy said quietly.

"More or less" Amy said shrugging. He always kept himself busy, no matter what Amy thought slightly bitterly. She suprised even herself with a thought like that, and shook her head to get rid of the thought.

"He does have time to spare, he's just busy at the moment" Amy said. She was suprised to find herself leaping to her dads defence when she had just herself felt bitter with her dad for not writing.

"He's just busy at the moment, he has written to me before" Amy replied shortly, feeling slightly defensive of her dad. However in her mind she knew that Blane had very plausable points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back