Receiving a letter

"Is he busier at the moment than he used to be?" Blane asked

"Most probably" Amy said with a shrug, in truth she didn't know herself with the little contact she had been receiving.

Amy paused. It was like Blane was thinking what she herself thought. She didn't want to think these thoughts but she couldn't help it. "Yes" she murmured, looking down at the ground.

"He'll write" Amy said simply, very quietly. She was not going to write to him when he hadn't written back to her. It was childish but Amy didn't care. The ball was in hre fathers court. She was still waiting for a reply from her previous letter and that, was that.

"I can't remember, feels like ages" Amy admitted, rather quietly.

"He hasn't replied to my first letter, why on earth would he reply to any other letter I might send?" Amy asked, flaring up slightly. She couldn't help it, she just felt angry and disappointed with her dad.

"Well don't make it a letter of sorts, just tell him how you're getting on, how you're classes are, any events on the calender that you could tell him about and say you know how busy he has been and that you don't expect a reply. The letter is just an update." Blane suggested

Amy thought about Blane's words, but didn't really agree with it. "I don't know" she managed to say. So many thoughts were whirling round in her head, how did she even know her dad was okay? Her uncle had written so few words at all, none of any comfort to her, 'your dads okay'. How was that supposed to help her? It couldn't.

"The only news I've managed to receive is through my uncle" Amy told Blane. Because that helped she found herself thinking.

"Nothing much" Amy said with a shrug. It was the truth. His letter was short and really didn't even have much point to it.

Amy shrugged, "Mmmm.....maybe" she said. She didn't really want to admit it was the total reason for her being angry and disappointed, and a whole bunch of other emotions.

"Well, I think that maybe you should cut your uncle a bit of slack, hes taken the time to write to you. No matter what you get from any member of family, no matter how rubbish it might be, at least you know they're okay, for they could stop writing and you would never know." Blane said "I would like to hear from my parents. And my uncle."

Amy stopped and looked at Blane, "I'm sorry" she said honestly, actually looking at him. She had forgotten about Blane's family history and now she felt completely bad.

Amy thought about Blane's words. "I'll reply to my uncle" is all she said. She didn't want to talk about this anymore now, she didn't want to think about home. "Moving on from my problems, how are you finding everything here?" Amy asked, keen to move the conversation away from herself.

"Oh good, good" Amy said absent mindedly picking grass. "For Christmas?" she asked repeating Blanes question. "going home to see the family how about you?" Amy asked Blane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back