Ravenclaw Quidditch Practice

2a.

Alexis caught the quaffle and rounded the pitch before coming at Simon' side. Slowing her speed, she stretched back her arm to aim and missed. Good point for Simon though as they need the saves to keep the other team from winning.

Taerin swept forward and grabbed the Quaffle from the other girl when she failed, and ignored the boy who'd stolen it from her before, and turned to head back up the other end of the pitch.

Zoe kept flying, heading for one of the bludgers. She swung for it hard, but the ball dodged out of the way at the last moment and Zoe's bat swung through thin air, a shriek escaping her as the momentum almost pulled her off her broom.

Taerin swept up to the goals, wasting no time as she didn't want the Quaffle to be stolen from her again, and threw it as hard as she could through the middle hoop. She had to do a double take as she realised it went straight in, and smirked over her shoulder at the other Chasers. She may be the alternate but she was the only one to score so far.

After Taerin made a goal, Alexis caught the quaffle and flew toward Simon to score. She got a bit frustrated at failing again, shaking her head as she caught the quaffle and threw it to her teammates for them to try their luck.

2.a

Joshua smiles over at Taerin, she was better than him so far in this practice. Too bad she wasn't first line up, Joshua would know who to pass the quaffle to if she were. "Good try, Alexis," Joshua retrieves the ball.

Righting herself on her broom, Zoe took a moment to circle the pitch, reassessing where the bludgers were and where her teammates were. She wanted to get a good shot, but nothing was presenting itself.

Alexis flew and was determined to score again. Muttering a silent apology to Joshua, she managed to swipe the ball from him and made for the goal. Then again, she failed. She huffed in frustration. "Oh, come on!", hitting the wood of her broom before rounding up again.

Catching up with a bludger, Zoe decided to swing for the seeker, hoping to give the girl an idea of what it would be like during a match with beaters from another team targeting her. The shot missed though, wiffing past and hitting her co-beater instead. Zoe winced, calling out to Jackson, "SORRY!" before realising it was a silly thing to apologise for.
@Jackson Cade

((This shot is showing up weird in the most recent actions tracker so I've included a screenshot... I RPed what the system showed me, but the tracker is showing it up as a miss, so I've included this so people know I'm not claiming a hit I didn't get.))
f5d733fd76783491a7ac7eb22a7d6174.png

Jackson had been watching the chasers interactions when out of nowhere a bludger slammed into his arm threatening to knock him off his broom. It was quickly followed by an apology from his fellow beater. Jackson raised his hand to signal he was OK and bore her no ill will, after all he'd already done the same. "I'm OK its fine,"

Alexis got hold of the quaffle and huffed as she made her way for the goals. She sped up toward Simon and flicked the ball. She was both surprised and pleased when it sailed through. "Now we're talking!",she pumped her fist in the air before rounding the pitch again.

Chloe was confused as to why the captain didn’t seem to have noticed the bludger she’d hit had hit him, but she shrugged and continued her search for the next bludger. Seeing one nearby, the girl’s bat made contact with the ball and she sent it flying towards the chaser who just scored. But it narrowly missed her and the girl cursed under her breath.

Joshua retrieves the quaffle, he cracks a smile at Alexis. It's the first time he witnesses this competitive side of her. With the quaffle in possession, Joshua ducks under to give Lars a little taste of the action. Joshua headed in his direction, not fully sure he was going to be the one to make it in or not.

Zoe was relieved that Jackson seemed okay and returned to circling the game, keeping her eyes peeled for another opening for a good shot.

Alexis winced at the impact of the bludger on her other leg. Cursing inwardly,she pushed ahead and went after Joshua. She knew she had to let her best friend score but he should also learn how to safeguard it. Careful not to knock him off his broom, she punched the quaffle out from his arm making it sail through the lower hoop. She scored but she stopped long enough to tell him. "Sorry Joshy. I owe you one for this. Love ya BFF!"

Taerin wasn't the only person to get hit now, but she still wanted to score more. She watched as Alexis managed to score, and while she and Joshua were hopefully distracting declaring their love for one another whilst a game was in place, the blonde swept through the air and grabbed the Quaffle.

Jackson was feeling the pain of multiple hits to his body by bludgers from two different beaters, he hoped he didn't see so much action during the opening game. Jackson noticed another bludger hurtling towards him only this time he was able to get his bat to it and send it flying away, unfortunately it swerved and hit Alexis again. "Sorry Alexis, but maybe less chit chat and more focus, this is Quidditch practice not a Heta Omega meeting," While Alexis had managed to score her behaviour on the pitch hadn't gone unnoticed by the captain, she seemed to spend most of practice talking to Joshua like they were hanging out and not training to beat Hufflepuff. "Twenty minutes left guys,"

OOCOut of Character:
Practice will close tomorrow. As with Rowan's example the actions log shows Jackson failing to hit but my action shows as successful so I have rped accordingly. I will be reporting this bug to the admin.

Alexis winced at the third hit but managed to stay on the broom and went after Taerin. Hearing Jackson's apology and instruction, the sixth year knocked the quaffle from the fifth year before speeding toward Simon and swiftly aimed the ball right through the middle hoop. "Got it Jackson! How's that for focus?", she grinned at her captain before flying off again, this time going higher to check the position of everybody else before swooping down again for another score before time was up.

Joshua lost focus after Alexis scored with the quaffle in his possession, he had absolutely no idea how that happened. From there on, Joshua did the most to his abilities allowed him to act on. He found himself in possession of the quaffle again, heading for the nearest hoops.

Seeing Joshua with the quaffle,Alexis flew toward him, challenging him to secure the quaffle from her. "Josh! Firm grip.", encouraging her best friend as she weaved in and out, bluffing him with her attempts to steal the ball.

Joshua playfully glares over at the brunette, and then made his meek attempts at scoring through one of the hoops. It was blocked, the second one since the start of this practice. His head dropped, defeated. He's had enough of this game.

Taerin was getting annoyed with the chasers stealing the ball from her but at least bludgers were leaving her alone. Determined to get one more goal she grabbed the ball when it was thrown back out.

Last edited:
"It's okay. Let's try again." Alexis flew after Taerin,challenging the girl to safeguard her quaffle. The sixth year had scored more than once already and this time focused on stealing quaffles from other chasers, at the same time helping them practice in keeping the ball from being stolen.

Taerin glared as Alexis was on her tail. She didn’t need her help. She flew lower, doing her best to lose her and score for the second time.

Alexis noticed Taerin was trying to lose her. Giving her a run for her money, the sixth year leaned on her broom and sped up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back