Quidditch Practice continued

Lily was shocked when Blake all of a sudden was on the back of her broom. So shocked that she dropped her only defense - the jam jar.

"What the..? Blake!" she said with a laugh, watching his broom slowly drift to the ground. She flew around a little bit, losing altitude slowly since the broom was really not meant for multiple riders. She loved the fact that they were on the same broom though, and that she was in control. She flew over to where Blake's broom had landed, and dismounted. "Okay so I was really not expecting that one!" she giggled and playfully punched him in the arm.

Blake laughed and hoped off his broom once they reached ground level. "Well you gave me no choice!" he said to her after he felt her punch him, his arm went a bit numb but he did not show it in his expression. Bending down, he picked up his own broom, still laughing slightly under his breath. Walking back over to Lily's side, he took her hand and held it in his own, then tugged her down the pitch, heading in the direction of the picnic cloth that was strewn over the grass.

Lily smiled as Blake took her hand and lead the way back to their picnic basket. They were a mess! They were covered in jam and juice and whipped cream. She laughed as she looked at Blake and what she had done to him. Lily decided it was time to play nice and grabbed a napkin from the basket and her wand.
"Aguamenti" A burst of water came out from her wand, soaking the napkin. She handed it to Blake so he could wash up, then grabbed another napkin and did the same thing for hersef.
"So, now what do you want to do?" she said between giggle fits.

Blake took the napkin and began wiping all the muck from his face. Once the napkin began to disintegrate, Blake stuffed it into his pocket despite the fact it was covered in jam and cream.
"I dunno," Blake said as he began to pick up all the rubbish he had discarded earlier and chucked them into the open basket. "Although, I was actually wondering... whether you'd like to go to the Halloween Feast with me?"

Lily stopped in her tracks. She had been helping pick up the garbage that they had left by their picnic, when Blake asked her to the feast. She stood up and looked him in the face, surprise registered all across it. "Um, uh, yes. Of course I will go with you!" Her face glowed brightly as she sputtered out her response. She gave Blake a hug, glad that they were going together.

"Great!" Blake boomed out at Lily's response. Glad to have gotten the question off his chest and even more pleased with the outcome, Blake beamed once more as Lily gave him a hug. Wrapping his arms around her to return the warm hug, he kissed her lightly on the forehead, then quickly finished packing up. "You suppose we should head up now? Get cleaned up and that," Blake suggested once he'd picked up his bat, broom and basket.

Lily's heart skipped a beat as Blake kissed her forehead. She was so happy that she could burst. "Yeah, we should probably get cleaned up. The napkins just were not enough." she said with a laugh. Lily gathered her broom, and stood looking at Blake. "Are you ready?"

"I'm ready," Blake replied still beaming. With his bat, broom and basket clustered in one hand, Blake used his free hand to take hold of Lily's. He began walking down the pitch, and only just realised it was getting pretty late, considering that they had been out since early in the morning. The Sun's position in the sky confirmed that it was way in the afternoon.

Lily walked back towards the castle, holding Blake's hand. She kept stealing glances at him, thinking to herself how lucky she was and how cute he looked with jam still stuck in his hair. She wasn't sure what they were going to do next, but was too shy to ask. She was content to walk along, holding his hand and savoring every moment.

Walking hand in hand with Lily, Blake was lost for words. He just continued to walk alongside her, smiling brightly, and trying to take the pitch into view.

As Lily walked, she thought about the changes that had happened today. Her smile widened as she realized that the boy she thought only wanted to be her friend has suddenly become her boyfriend and her date for the Halloween bash. She stole a look at his face, and wondered what kind of costume to wear.

"So, have you thought about what you want to wear to the Halloween party?"

"Well, I do have this weird obsession over black wings..." Blake said with a laugh, hoping she didn't take him for the weird gloomy type of guy. "I think they're cool. But then again, if we're going together, I don't think the Angel of Death couple would go well," he snickered at the thought of that. "What about you? I can honestly say I have no better ideas than that."

Lily laughed at the Angel of Death couple idea. "Well, showing up as the Angel of Death would be kinda fun. Really not me at all. But I have a fun idea." She got a devilish grin on her face and whispered her idea to Blake. She was not sure how receptive he would be to the idea, but it was worth a shot. "So what do you think?"

(((lets still keep the idea under wraps :D )))

((definitely :D lol))

Blake burst out laughing at what Lily had suggested. After a moment of trying to cease his laughing fit, he finally stopped to catch his breath. "You are brilliant!" he boomed. The idea was really a good one, and he would've never thought about it himself. "I think it'd such a laugh really! Definitely!"

Lily loved the reaction Blake had to the idea. "Great, so I was thinking.." she leaned up and whispered the rest of the plan into his ear. She pulled away, again, a devilish grin on her face. She watched Blake for his reaction.

(((okay, you are up way early! wow!)))

((i'm not sure what lily's supposed to be whispering now.. but i'll go with it lol :D ))

Blake listned as Lily whispered into his ear again, "Alright, sounds like a good idea."

(((um, just more details on the costume is all. lol. sorry i didn't fill that info in via im or pm)))

Lily smiled widely at Blake. She couldn't wait for the Halloween Bash and to be able to show off their costumes. "I think we are going to be so amazing!"

((lol that's fine, i was thinking it'd be something like that :p ))

As they reached the school building, Blake turned to Lily and gave her a warm hug, and then swooped in and gave her a soft peck on the cheek. "I'll see you later then?" he said with a wide smile.

Lily blushed as Blake gave her a kiss on the cheek. She still could not believe how lucky she was to be dating this amazing guy! She looked up at Blake and smiled brightly. "Of course. Oh, hey. Do we want to meet in the first floor hallway to take care of our costumes? We can duck into the bathrooms there and get ready."

"Alright, I'll meet you about 15 mins before the feast then," Blake replied.

"Okay, that will be a plan. See you then." Lily said with a soft smile for Blake. She started to pull away, and then changed her mind and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before turning to run up the stairs to the Ravenclaw tower. She stopped at the landing, and gave Blake a wave and a cute, scrunchy-nose smile, before she took off out of sight.

Blake blushed again as Lily gave him a kiss, then ran off towards the stairs that led to the Ravenclaw Tower. He still needed to get used to the whole boyfriend, girlfriend thing between them. It was like he still wasn't quite ready to believe it all yet, as though in any moment, he could wake up from this wonderful dream. Chuckling slightly as Lily stopped on the landing to turn and pull a rather cute face at Blake, he walked off towards the staircase which decended down to the dungeons, a new spring in his step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back