Quidditch Practice continued

Blake Zepline

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Blake walked onto the pitch, the sun wasn't too high in the sky this morning as it was a little after 9 AM. He didn't have lesson on Sunday which was just perfect, considering. Breathing in the scent of the grassy pitch, holding his Emerald Streak and Beater's Bat in arm and a basket in the other, Blake walked over the pitch taking everything into view. Setting his Streak and bat down, he looked over his shoulder to see if Lily had come down yet.

Ginny was walking towards the pitch to do her homework when she saw Blake was there. He looked as if he was waiting on someone to do practise with him.
'Hi Blake,' waved Ginny. 'Who you waiting on?'
Ginny took a seat in the stands. He was a beater anyway.

Lily raced down to the pitch from the Ravenclaw Tower with her Streak in her hand. She was excited to get some more flying practice in, and spend some more time with Blake. She stopped for a second as she approached the entry to the pitch to compose herself, and not seem to anxious to see Blake.

She walked through the entry and onto the grass and looked around. She spotted Blake walking around the pitch. She stopped and watched him for a few seconds when he looked over his shoulder. She noticed that someone else was there this early in the morning surprisingly. Hmm. Wonder what that is all about. she thought.

Lily was not sure if Blake noticed she was there, so she tried to sneak up on him.

"BOO!" she whispered in a stage whisper, right behind his head.

'Hi Lily,'said Ginny as soon as she had said boo.'So I guess you are practising with Blake then. Would you mind if I joined you?' she asked but it was preety obvious the answer was no. They had the hots for each other. She knew that much.
I wonder if they are going out together yet? she thought. :-?

"Oh hey Ginny," Blake said feeling a little disappointed when he saw Ginny instead of Lily. "I'm just waiting for Lily," Blake added, just as Lily said boo from behind him. He turned around to face her, a wide smile stretching across his face.
"Hey..." he said stupidly, not knowing what else to say.
At the sound of Ginny's voice, Blake turned again, he'd completely forgotten Ginny was still there. "Um... Well, we were kinda hoping to practice on our own but, I guess you could join us..." Blake said looking back at Lily as if questioning her response.

Lily smiled at the sight of Blake's huge smile. "Hey yourself," she said back to him, realizing that Ginny was on the pitch as well. Her smile faltered when Ginny asked to join them - she hoped that she was going to practice with Blake alone.
"Uh, hey, Ginny. What brings you out this early?" she asked, kinda hoping that she would realize that she wanted to be alone with Blake, but she really didn't know what he was thinking. They were 'just friends' as of right now, becoming good friends, but a girl could always hope that after her trip to the hospital there was something brewing.

'Oh I was kinda hoping that I could have a practise myself but it seems as you two want to be left alone.'said Ginny smiling. :) .She stuffed her books back in her bag and got her wand 'Accio Firebolt' and swung the bag over her shoulder. She caught the broom and swung herself on it. ' Oh and Blake just incase you didn't notice,' said ginny in mid-air,'you should really ask her out.' Ginny pelted away over to Hogsmede. She could probably get her homework done in a feild or bench there.

Blake smiled a little as Ginny began packing her things, "Bye!" he said hoping they hadn't chased her away. Blake turned crimson at Ginny's last comment, then turned back to Lily, at complete loss for words.

Lily watched as Ginny flew away, completely stunned by her last words before flying off. Am I that obvious? Does everyone know that I like him? Oh, no. Does HE know? Lily's face slowly grew more and more red with her thoughts taking over. She started to look at Blake, then looked down at her feet, not wanting him to see how red she was, and afraid to see disgust on his face of the idea of dating her.

"Haha, that Ginny, great for breaking moments!" Blake said trying to laugh the subject off. Still looking at Lily, he noticed that she too was blushing. We're just frends, he kept thinking to himself, wondering in the back of his mind whether there were any chance that they could be anything more.
With his gaze fixed on Lily, he stepped forward. It was practically the middle of term, and he'd known Lily for as long as that, his mind began racing. What if she says no? That'll ruin our friendship for sure! I just need to ask her though, just to be sure... he thought to himself, his face still rather red. Taking another couple of steps toward her, he stopped finally and sighed deeply before he said, "Wanna start practicing?"
Idiot! Blake was practically screaming at himself in his head. Realising he must've had the look of someone who was rather pissed just then, he changed his expression quickly, trying not to seem too disappointed in himself, smiling slightly at Lily.

Lily looked up as Blake spoke, just in time to notice the last of a pissed off look on his face change to a smile. I knew it. He's pissed at the fact that people think we are more than friends cause he doesn't like me that way. She forced a smile back, feeling crushed inside, and mounted her broom.

"Let's fly!" she said, trying to avoid the whole idea of her and Blake being together. She kicked off and headed up into the air before she let herself react to her feelings of dissapointment. Stop it. He didn't even say anything about not liking me. He likes me as a friend, and that should be good enough.

She flew a quick circle in the air to compose herself and came back to face Blake.

"So what did you have in mind?" she asked, smiling so he would not know her inner turmoil.

As Lily shot up into the air, Blake allowed himself a moment of sheer disappointment. Shaking himself up, he mounted and kicked off after her, a fake smile lighting up his face. "Hmm..." he said in a slightly high pitched tone, "Well, how about... TAG!" Blake reached over and gently brushed her shoulder, before he shot off down the opposite end of the pitch. Taking sharp swerves and turns at random moments, he hoped he'd lost her, and rounding the house stands he couldn't help but feel his face droop a bit. Slowing down as he flew behind the stands, consumed and lost in thoughts of What if...

Chills shot through Lily's body as Blake brushed her shoulder. It was so gentle and sweet, not at all like a tag would normally be, but more like the way she saw her dad brush her mother's shoulder. Odd she thought, then pushed it out of her mind when she realized just what Blake had yelled.

"You are so in trouble!" she yelled after him. She took off like a shot, mimicking his every move. Up, down, left, right, all over. She kept on his tail until she saw him take off around the back of the house stands. Time to go for the kill she thought. She slowed down to a stop to allow Blake to get a lead, and maybe stay put for a minute. She slowly, silently, flew around the back of the stands. Perfect. He was just hovering, looking off into the distance. I wish I knew what he was thinking about. And look how the wind is blowing his hair just a tiny bit. Stop thinking about this. He obviously just wants to be friends, so go tag him and be on with the game with your friend.

Lily slowly guided her broom closer to Blake and then right as she was in reach, she sped up so she was able to be off and running as soon as she tagged him. She reached out and ran her fingers down his arm and yelled.

"GOTCHA!" Lily took off flying fast and furious across the pitch to find a spot to hide from Blake

As he felt Lily's touch run down his arm, he turned to look over his shoulder just in time to catch her yell 'GOTCHA! Blake's face bursting into a wide smile. He turned his broom around and sped off after her, finding it rahter difficult to keep up with her; she was a great flyer. Feeling his hair ruffling in the wind as he sped off, he couldn't help but gaze at Lily longingly, with every hint of admiration. Keeping his focus set on trying to catch her, he zoomed to her the right side of her and kept up with her speed, with some great difficulty too. Turning to steal another glimsp of Lily, with her hair billowing through the wind, and noticing the way her face was set in a manner of comforting ease [godmoding i hope not..?]. Letting his left hand free of the broom handle, he reached over, leaning slightly on his broom, and tapped any inch of Lily he could reach. Lost of any sense of words to say just then, he hoped she'd felt that because he dived under, did a U-turn and sped off down the opposite direction. A move he'd seen Lily perform during teir last Quidditch Practice. Turning to look back at her over his shoulder, he yelled, "YOU'RE IT!!" just to be sure. Sneering slightly to himself, he sped off jeering left and right in an attempt to through her off, had she been following him or not.

Lily had been off in her own world, thinking of Blake, when she felt the slightest touch on her thigh. She came out of her dreamworld to realize that Blake had just tagged her. She was turning when he yelled that she was it.

"Not for long honey!" she yelled after him. Then she realized she just called him honey and almost lost her balance. She hoped he would not be offended or anything, since it was obvious that he wanted to be only friends. If he is, I will just pass it off as me calling everyone honey. Yeah, that will work, she thought as she flew after him. He was zig-zagging down the pitch.

Lily decided to try something that her old teammate Ryan and her had cooked up last season. Leapfrog. She took off to the left of the field and turned heading straight for Blake on his broom. She stood on the handle and just as she got by Blake, she jumped up over his head, tapping it as she flew over him. Her broom went under his and she landed on it again with her feet. She slipped just a bit and started to fall, but was able to grab the handle before she did, and swung herself back into a seated position and took off down the pitch.

"YOU'RE IT!!!!" she yelled, just so there was no mistake. She was smiling and laughing, glad she was able to still pull that move off.

As Lily jumped over him, her broom flying under his, he felt his heart skip a beat as she slipped. "LILY!" Blake called, ready to catch her if she fell, his heart slamming against his chest roughly. Thankfully though, Lily pulled herself back up onto her broom, but still Blake's heart was beating rather fast. He slowed down, still looking at Lily with wide eyes, he flew down to the ground and jumped off his broom. "Lily come down!" Blake called up to her.

Lily laughed as she looked back over her shoulder at Blake. She noticed that he headed to the ground. She felt bad that she had scared him, and could see he was freaked out by her actions. She flew down, and landed next to him on the pitch.

"Sorry. Did I freak you out?" she asked with a devilish smile. She didn't want him to be all freaked, but yet she did because that meant he might care for her as more than a friend. She hoped that he did, but tried to put it out of her mind. She could go nuts thinking about it, and in the meantime, miss out on having a great friendship.

"It's okay," Blake said rubbing the back of his head slightly, "just try not to do that again..." Blake smiled at Lily, then blushed slightly. "So what shall we do now?"

Lily smiled at Blake. She was kind of hungry so she decided to suggest that.

"How about we sit down and eat? I am kinda getting hungary." she asked.

"Alright," Blake said setting his Streak down next to the basket he'd brought with him. Lifting the lid of the basket, Blake pulled out a checkered picnic cloth and neatly laid it down. Kicking off his shoes, he sat and gestured for Lily to sit too. Picking up the basket, he pulled out some zip-lock bags with roast beef sandwiches, tuna sandwiches and even marmalade sandwiches. "Help yourself," he said to Lily still rumaging through the basket. Finally after moment, he pulled out two juice boxes and handed one to Lily.
Picking up the zip-lock bag with tuna sandwiches inside, Blake opened the seal and took a bite out of the sandwich; he loved tuna.

Lily kicked off her shoes and sat down next to Blake on the picnic cloth. "Wow, this is amazing. You brought a lot of stuff." She took the juice box from Blake and stuck the straw into the top and took a drink. "I don't know where to start!" she said with a giggle. Lily took a marmalade sandwich and unwrapped it. She took a big bite, not realizing that a bit of the jam was on her cheek, just off her mouth.

Blake laughed a little as Lily took a bite from her sandwich and left a smudge of jam on her cheek, and was totally oblivious to it. Swallowing the last of his tuna sandwich, Blake leaned over and wiped the bit of marmalade off her cheek. At the feel of her soft skin, Blake was lost in the moment. Without a thought about it, Blake leaned in and kissed Lily. Pulling away immediately, he felt his face burn scarlet. "I'm so sorry!" Blake said not sure what Lily's reaction would be. He had done it now. Feeling a rush of shame flow over him, he stood not knowing what else to do, as though he were about to run away just then.

Lily was shocked at Blake's kiss, but thrilled. Wow, he does like me. But then he stood up really fast, appologizing for his action, and looking like he was going to run away. Lily stood up, and looked at him. "There is nothing to be sorry for." She reached up and brushed his hair out of his eyes and kissed him back.

Blake stood there, feeling Lily brush his hair back and kiss him. He couldn't help himself, he leaned forward and returned the kiss, blushing madly. Finally, when they both pulled away [godmoding? sorry! lol], Blake smiled widely at Lily, still rather pink in the face. He didn't know what to say, he just gazed back at her dazed and bewildered.

Lily looked at Blake, blushing at her forwardness, but realizing that he had been kissing her back. She smiled, looking into his blue eyes, thinking she was the luckiest girl in the world right at that moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back