Pungahn

((( same. post when you get back.)))

Pungahn woke up to the first rays of sunlight and set off downstairs as quietly as she could to let River sleep. she wrote a note and let it on the table so River could find it.
gone riding, will be back by 7:30
~Pungahn

She headed out and lead Diamond into the Isle. "did you miss me?" she asked the beautiful beast. Diamond gave a snort and sniff in response. Pungahn gave her a horse cookie before putting on her bridle. she didn't even bother with a saddle. She lead her out of the barn and mounted with a hop up. She walked her around a bit in the arena before heading out into the big field. "ready Diamond? canter!" she instructed and the horse automatically followed the vocal cue. Pungahn loved diamond's canter and soon fell into rythem with her. after a few minutes of catering Pungahn slowed diamond back to a walk and let the reins of the bridle slip down so all she was holding was the knot and let Diamond drop her head lower. "good girl." she praised while leaning down and hugging her neck. she sat up and directed Diamond back to the barn using just her leg cues and dismounted just outside of it. she put Diamond back in her stall before checking the white board and feeding all the other horses. when she was done she wrote on the board a note:
feed Thurs AM ~Pungahn

She headed back inside for her own breakfast.

River woke up with a stream of light shining on her face from the window. See sat up on the fold out bed and stretched while yawning. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she looked over to the clock on the end table: 6:50 am. It was earlier than she thought, but to her surprise she wasn't tired at all.

River stood up and dressed into a pair of jeans and a purple tank top. As River was tying her gym shoes, she saw a note with her name on it sitting on the table. She read it, tied her hair back into a half pony tail, and headed down the stairs. As she headed outside she saw Pungahn riding the beautiful black horse. She makes it look so graceful and easy, River thought. Pungahn had finished her ride and went into the barn, and River decided to wait for her on the porch; she didn't want to get into her way. A few minutes later Pungahn walked up to the house. "Good morning," River said to her.

"Good morning." Pungahn replied. "do you want breakfast first or to fly first?" she asked as she walked up the porch steps.

"Let's fly first," River said excitedly. She hadn't flown since she left Hogwarts. "Then we can leave enough time for breakfast before your buyer shows up." River opened the door and reached around the corner. "I already brought our brooms downstairs," she said bringing the brooms outside.

Pungahn looked at the two Firebolts. "ummm, which ones is which?"

"This one's mine," River said holding up the Firebolt in her right hand. "I put my initials on it with really tiny gold stickers." At the very tip of her broom there, in gold lettering, were the letters R N T. "I figured it would be a good idea since so many students have Firebolts," she smiled. River extended the broom in her left hand to Pungahn. "Ready to fly?"

Pungahn took her broom and smiled. "yeah, but lets walk over to the field over there, behind the trees, just in case." she said as she pointed to the field she had ridden in earlier. she started walking in that direction.

River followed Pungahn, "We don't have to fly very high. I would hate to have summer ruined because we were seen by muggles." It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining bright, and though it was a pretty hot day, the breeze made it bareable.

Pungahn smiled and gave her a nod. she looked around as they reached the field and mounted her broom and hovered only a few feet from the ground.

River follow suit. It wasn't long and she pushed off the ground and was in the air. She also only hovered a few feet in the air. She decided to fly a few laps around, so she leaned forward slightly on her broom. River felt so invigorated when the wind was whipping through her hair. Flying just felt so natural to her, and she couldn't wait until Quidditch started next year. She turned around to look at Pungahn. "Is riding a horse like flyings a broom?" she asked.

Pungahn slowed and hovered next to her and thought a moment. "well, it depends. it is definitely different as far as steering and speed go.... though once you get used to it, it is just as fun, or even more so because it is an animal that listens to you and almost becomes one with you, in a way that is hard to explain."

Still flying rather slowly, River said, "I'll have to try it sometime." She leaned forward a little more on her broom and began flying slightly faster than before. Not looking back at Pungahn, River asked her, "So, did you send letters to anyone else to visit you this summer?" River had hoped so. She was really missing all of her friends and thought that it would be fun for all of them to hang out over the summer.

Pungahn followed in Rivers slipstream as she replied. "i left a note for Maddiie and she said she might come and i asked Caysi and she might come as well. she is a first year on my Quidditch team." Pungahn sped up so that she was flying next to River.

"That would be fun." All of a sudden River leaned forward on her broom all of the way, and she shot of like a rocket. She knew that she would have to face off against her friend in Quidditch some time so she wanted to see how fast they both could go.

Pungahn saw River take off at top speed and she quickly followed suit. she lead forward and flattened her body to the broom. she made her body as stream lined as she could and quickly matched Rivers pace right next to her...

River saw Pungahn catching up to her out of the corner of her eye. She realized that she was heading straight for the barn and quickly turned to her right. After she had nearly escaped hitting the side of the barn, River pulled up on her broom to go a little higher into the air. She then slowed down and looked back at Pungahn hoping that she was able to pull away from the barn in time as well.

Pungahn was on the left side of River and gaining speed when she saw the bran. Quickly she pulled left and pulled up her feet to avoid the wooden structure. She turned and flew low to the ground ad through a path through the trees, back towards River. she stayed low to the ground and slowed so she could look at her watch: 8:05.

"we have a little more time. have you practiced catching a snitch yet?"

River relaxed her grip on her broom when she saw that Pungahn was fine. "No I haven't. I didn't get to buy a snitch before I left for the summer." River had a wide smile on her face at the thought of actually practicing with the snitch.

Pungahn smiled. "wait here," she said as she flew off in the direction of the house. she returned a minute later with an aqua colored pouch in her hand. She unzipped it, releasing the snitch...

River was very excited to be practicing with a snitch. She saw Pungahn heading back her way with a aqua pouch in her hand. As Pungahn unzipped the pouch, the snitch flew high into the air, hovering next to a tall tree. River hadn't considered that the snitch would fly higher than they felt confortable going. Maybe if I fly quickly to get it no one will actually see me, she thought. Without giving it a second thought, River burst full speed toward the snitch.

Pungahn watched as River took off after the snitch and she soon followed as well, flying in her slipstream....

River laid completely flat on her broom with her right arm outstretched towards the hovering snitch. She stretched so hard for it her fingertips hurt. And then all at once, her fingers closed around the cold metal of the snitch and she pulled to the left with her broom so as to not plow face first into the tree.

River was so exhilarated for the moment, that she had caught the snitch. It was such a good feeling. Until she heard what she thought sounded like a truck on gravel. With a scared look on her face, River quickly turned towards Pungahn and said, "What time is it?"

a quick glance at her watch told her that it was indeed 9:00. "down now!" she said as she flew to the ground fast and dismounted. she ran into the barn through the side door where she could not be seen from the drive and stowed her broom behind the grain bin. she left the pouch for Maddiie to put the snitch back in and went out to great the muggle in the drive....

River quickly dove straight for the ground, and right before she crashed into the grass, she jerked her broom up and jumped off. She was running with her broom in her left hand and the snitch in her right. She saw that Pungahn left the aqua pouch on the ground and with her first three fingers holding the snitch she grabbed the pouch between her pointer and thumb.

River ran to the side door of the barn, where Pungahn had entered. She through her broom out of sight with Pungahn's and stuffed the snitch into the pouch, laying it next to her broom. Making sure that she didn't look too out of sorts, River flattened her windblown hair down, and ran out of the barn after Pungahn.

((ooc: btw you called me Maddiie...lol ;) ))

(((thats what happens when you have like zero time and respond to many posts in 5 minutes, sorry)))

Pungahn meet up with her mother and the man in the drive. Sandra said, "Pungahn, could you please tack up Weather? he is the gray in stall 7"

"of course," Pungahn replied and headed back to the barn. she headed over to the second stall on the business side of the isle and brought out the medium sized horse. quickly she started to brush him off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back