Professor King

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
Sophia rushed into the Hospital Wing and went straight back to a rather large cabinet. She opened one of the heavy wooden doors and began looking through it for the potion to heal Vanishing Sickness. She was sure Professor King had followed her from the Seventh Floor, but she was more worried with finding the potion than checking to see how fast he had walked.

Professor King strutted in an abnormal manner into the Hospital Wing. He smiled and then sat down on a bed, "Won't mind if I lie down will you?" he started with a smile, "I mean if I am going to fade into oblivion I may as well be comfortable." he clarified, "Not to say you aren't capable of healing me, but well, black and white Ms. Stark, in situations like this I like to see the black and hope in the back of my mind for the white."

After laying down his head Professor King rolled it to the left to see his arm, which he failed at doing. This was of course because most of it was gone; he moved his right hand to his line of sight now, only to notice a finger was now disappearing on that hand as well. he was tempted to say something jokingly to Sophia but held it back, unsure she would appreciate humour.

Sophia found the bottle she was looking for, a big clear glass bottle that appeared to be empty. Holding it up to her ear she shook it and was pleased to see that it sounded quite full. She did not even bother to close the cabinet as she rushed to another one and hastily opened the small metal door, grabbing a cup.

Opening the seemingly empty bottle Sophia appeared to be pretending to pour a potion into the cup. She took a step toward Professor King and stopped, wondering how to hand him to potion. An idea occurred to her and she set the bottle on the table beside the bed Professor King had chosen to lie on. She withdrew her wand from her pocket and set the cup on her right palm.

"Wingardium Leviosa" she said with a swish and flick at the cup. She levitated the cup over toward the Professor. "There, drink that Professor." If you can.

"I suppose I shold still be able to move the cup." Professor King said as he concentrated on his wand, which then moved itself in his right hand such that he was holding it between his palm and his then, he managed to get a slight flick of it and the potion hovered towards his mouth. He lifted his head and took a sip from it. A grimace crossed his face, "All of it?" he asked for clarification.

"Yes all of it," Sophia said rather harshly. She was no longer simply a student of Professor King's, she was partially in charge of his well-being. Returning her wand to her pocket Sophia turned and picked the potion bottle back up. She brought the bottle close to her face and began reading the label.

"Yes, yes I understand." Professor King stated he paused a moment then focused his mind on the cup, deciding not to try and risk doing non-verbal and wandless magic at once he used the summoning charm to bring it to his mouth. He then finished the potion and returned it to the side table. "There, a three second cure, right? I'll be great at any given moment?" he said in a childish manner, knowing this wasn't how it worked but deciding he may as well give Sophia grief while he could.

"More like four times a day for one week," Sophia said plainly. She was more sad than angry, but trying hard not to show it.

"Well at least it's slowed the vanishing for a while." Professor King said as he glanced about himself. Other than the absence of an arm, most of his right and and quite possibly half a foot (as he could no longer feel his toes) he was all in tact. "Thanks" Professor King said to Sophia, "If I would've had to wait for the Head Nurse it may have been a while, as she's so busy."

Sophia smiled weakly at the Professor. "It is nothing, really. You have helped me so much, it is the least I can do.

"I must ask you though, Professor, to stay here a while. I would like to see a bit more of you in tact before I allow you to leave." Despite her best efforts Sophia did look concerned as she observed Professor King in his current state.

"Well, I suppose I must." Professor King agreed, "For how longdo you figure I will, still be contagious? Will I be in solitary confinment?" he asked, of all the things that could happen to him the vanishing sickness got to him. What a thing. He honestly didn't feel like being confined to himself for so long, having visitors and such would at least make the situation alightly more bearable. However, he knew in the end if being left along for a few days and drinking a horrid potion would make him feel better he would do it or be made to.

Sophia frowned at the Professor. "You will be contagious until twenty-four hours after you completely reappear. You do not have to be confined, per se, but you must make absolutely certain you do not touch anyone until you are completely cured."

"And how long do you suppose it is best to keep me here?" Professor King inquired further, glad that he would be able to have human contact at least.

"At least overnight, if not longer. It depends really. We will have to monitor your progress." Sophia bit her lower lip and stared at the Professor. She hated to confine him to this bed, but there was not much else she could do.

"Right then." Professor King said with a nod. "I don't suppose I could have some firewhiskey in here?" he asked with a faint smile.

"As a thirteen year old I do not exactly have access to Firewhiskey. I can ask the Headmistress, perhaps get you some butterbeer?" Sophia seemed less sad now, and more bothered.

"That would be great if you could ask." Professor King said with a nod. "Also, thanks for, well, the medicine." he stammered, having been more than used to helping himself.

Sophia nodded and turned on her heel, her long black hair flipping around behind her. She walked swiftly over to yet another cabinet and opened the left door. With her right hand she grabbed a bottle of butterbeer and then closed the cabinet door. Taking her wand into her left hand Sophia swished and flicked it. "Wingardium Leviosa she incanted as she made the motion and levitated the bottle before herself and over to Professor King.

"Thank you." Professor King said as he saw the butterbeer land on the table beside him. He decided nopt to drink it yet, incase he wasn't allowe Firewhiskey, in which case he would drink it with his next installment of potion.

As the bottle landed on the table Sophia flicked her wand and returned it to her pocket. "I will be back shortly. Do not get out of bed." She turned on her heel and strode swiftly from the Hospital Wing.

Alicia walked through the large doors of the Hospital Wing and saw most of Nicolas lying on the bed. She frowned, then quickly put a smile on her face. "Well, hello there Nicolas. You don't seem quite yourself." She pulled a chair alongside the bed and sat down. She pulled the large bottle of firewhiskey from her robes and poured some of it into a large silver goblet she had brought along. "Here you go." She handed him the glass. She waited until he had had a couple drinks before asking him the questions that were swimming through her mind.

Sophia had followed the Headmistress from her office in silence. When they arrived in the Hospital Wing she stayed off to the side, not entirely sure why. Certainly the Headmistress did not need her help. For some reason she did not really want to leave.

When the Headmistress handed the Firewhiskey to Professor King Sophia's golden eyes widened in shock. She stepped forward quickly, but it was too late, the Professor had taken the goblet. Luckily it did not look as though the Headmistress had come into contact with the Professor. Sophia would have to watch to be sure that the Headmistress did not start to disappear as well.

(((What if Professor King decided to hit it out of your hand in rage and scream, "How the |-|311could you let this happen to me?!?!?!?!?!?!" :p j/p :D )))

Professor King took the goblet with his right hand without realising that he did, infact have a right hand again, this pleased him slightly so he took a sip of fire whiskey and looked to his left arm, which was still not there. He frowned slightly but figured it might take a while to get a whole arm back and less time for just a few fingers. "Thank you." he said kindly as he set the goblet beside the untouched butterbeer. "I was afraid I'd be here without any real vices." he continued jokingly.

"Not to sure of that myself." Professor King answered in a normal tone of voice unsure of why the Headmistress had asked it so quietly, "It is a contagious diseases, so I caught it from somebody. But whether it was a student, or somebody in Hogsmead I am not sure."

Alicia frowned, this was not the answer she was hoping for. "When did you notice the effects? Can you trace your steps back in contact with someone?"

((She's being quiet so as not to create hysteria; there are other people in the Hospital Wing aren't there? ;-) :) ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back