Proceeding to the TWT

"I would laugh regardless." Estrella smirked back at Katerina. "Loudly or not. I imagine that things will be taken in a more elegant manner this Yule Ball however- I doubt we'll see anything extremely erratic." She thought, at least, that people would go towards looking nice instead of wacky. Oddball outfits only once in a blue moon received praise. Thinking of that, she would have to get a dress, and soon.

"Devastating?" she inquired sarcastically, raising her eyebrow. "It's more like a gigantic pity party- I don't think I ever cried that much as a five year old, looking at some of the younger students." She of course was no one to talk when it came to obtuse behavior and breakups, after having behaved in such a manner last year. She had become spiteful, withdrawn and had destroyed most of her friendships, something that she was currently in the process of attempting to fix. She was lucky for people like Katerina, whom she got to start out on a fresh page with.

"If it came to gambling I would not be sure who to bet the stakes on for who is going to win this tournament," Estrella added, nodding at Katerina. She of course reflected these same feelings, indeed hoping fervently that the Goblet wasn't defective or anything. But on the other hand, she supposed that she should be grateful she was not so bogged down with preparations and the like. And on the other hand, she had never been one to push herself onto a stage. That was why she was the Keeper on her team; she didn't get as much attention as the Seeker or Chaser's, and was only important to the spectators when the Quaffle came her way.

"Well, you definitely seem friendly enough," Estrella replied, her lips spreading to form a warm smile. "I almost think people here are too nice sometimes. But then you'll have some prat dragging you back to reality." She shrugged. "Yeah, it's too bad that everyone's leaving, but I am content with those of us that are still left."

Estrella grinned. "So, Katerina, what is your favorite food? Or dish, I should say."

Katerina gave a mock-sigh. "What a shame. I was looking forward to strange outfits. Then again, there may be some anyway." Katerina, at least, had her dress - she had bought it with her mother on the summer holidays. It was a pretty dress, rather elegant. She hoped she would be able to look good on the night. She didn't want to be the subject of gossip - nasty gossip in particular.

Katerina chuckled. "Oh my," she began, shaking her head. "Honestly, I didn't even think eleven year olds had enough hormones to create such melodrama out of relationships." When Katerina and Nicolae had broken up, Katerina kept mostly to herself, but she didn't cry. She never cried. She kept on behaving as she normally did, not showing any weakness, not showing any signs of emotional pain, although it had hurt. A lot. She knew she was referred to as an ice maiden, as were girls like Apollinariya, but Katerina did not percieve herself to be like that. She remained calm and unemotional most of the time, but really, she wasn't the ice maiden people percived her to be.

"I do not know much about the stamina of the champions. Honestly? I wouldn't like to see Nina win, but really, I don't know who will. I think Cameron is the oldest. I don't know if that means anything at all." She shrugged. She didn't really envy the champions - she did for her father, of course, but in her heart of hearts, she was glad to be safe. It gave her more time to study, less nerves, and she wasn't living in fear of getting severely injured, or even dying.

Katerina smiled at Estrella's comment. "Thank you," she said, grinning. "My mother raised me to be kind." Estrella seemed very nice indeed - Katerina was very glad to have met somebody outside of the Durmstrang group who she could relate to so well.

"My favourite food?" She frowned. "That's a hard one. I'd have to say...French onion soup." She giggled - she knew people weren't often too keen on that dish, but she loved it. She only ever had it when she was on holidays in France, visiting her maternal grandparents, but she figured it wouldn't be as nice, having it in Russia, or at school. "What about you? What is your favourite dish?" she asked, interested.

Estrella flashed a broad grin at Katerina. "It is a shame indeed. Just watch a muggle television once, I'm sure you'll get your fix." To mention that, she had not watched a tv in ages.

She laughed. "All of this first year stuff is beyond me. I agree- I mean, I've already had my share of a melodramatic break-up but definitely not at such a young age." She was a bit embarrassed to admit it, but it felt nice to talk with someone about it. She had been completely nasty last year, and all over a boy. And she had had more than her share of tears.

"At this point," Estrella laughed, "I'm gunning for Cameron. He's the only one I haven't been able to judge yet. I suppose that I should cheer for Hilary, but-" she smirked, not feeling that there was much more to say on that matter. She had to fess up, she was still incredibly bitter about Hilary winning. "And I do not hope that Nina does well. I do not have much tolerance for rude people."

"Your mother did a good job!" she replied, sharing the warm smile that Katerina was exhibiting. Estrella felt as if she had really found someone she could develop a solid friendship with, even if in about half a year she would be leaving for Durmstrang again.

Chuckling, Estrella added, "I like french onion soup! I especially love when you put cheesy bread in it- let me see. Favorite food?" She contemplated it for a moment, wondering indeed what her favorite food was. "If we're not talking junk food I would have to say Chicken Kiev- although I have a special affinity for red licorice."

((ZOMG, I LOOOOOVE french onion soup. ^_^ ))

Katerina laughed. "I'll have to do that next time I see my grandparents." Her immediate family were wizards, and did not own a television set, but her maternal grandparents, in France, were muggles, and her grandmother had a weakness for fashion.

"Me too," Katerina agreed - although her only real relationship occured in her 4th year, and that was with Nicolae. Katerina had maintained an icy disposition, earning her the nickname of Ice Queen, and had shown no emotion, even though she had suffered much heartache. She thought even the heartbreak was melodramatic. "It's almost a little frightening," she laughed.

"Ah, I take it that you are not...a fan, of Hilary, then? I have not met her, but I guess I should not worry too much about that." Katerina smirked. In her view, it seemed as though Cameron should be victorious, too. Sure, he was from Durmstrang, but compared to Hilary and Nina... "I don't know what I'll do if Nina wins. Needless to say, it won't be pretty."

She couldn't help but grin. Estrella seemed to be such a nice person - Katerina was extremely glad to have met somebody to talk to, somebody she could call a friend. "Why thank you. Believe me, it's wonderful to meet somebody pleasant to talk to. I was worried after meeting Nina..." she said, with a grimace.

Katerina grinned at the food comment. "Oh, you have to have the cheesy bread. Chicken Kiev is delicious! Although I don't think I've ever tried red licorice..." she added. "I do quite adore chocolate, though."

((mmmm...red licorice. <3))

Grinning, Estrella added, "That gets me curious about what the new fashions are of today. They're always changing- it's so hard to keep up with it." Not to mention, some of the fashions these days were downright hideous. She chuckled a bit at Katerina's comment to young relationships. "Frightening? Frightening and annoying I may say. I mean, what's the point of getting into something that young?"

"Not a fan?" her lip pursed, as she thought about it. Was she really more bitter than anything? Probably. She didn't really have anything personal against Hilary- the girl had done nothing to her in the past few years except, of course, take the Triwizard title. "Not necessarily. I don't mind her as a person, I just think I feel robbed a bit. It still stings that the cup found reason to select someone younger than me." She still had not been able to answer the rhetorical question- what did Hilary have that she didn't? "And Nina I am just not a fan of." She felt that she had made her feelings quite clear so she decided to give the Hogwarts Scotland Hufflepuff a rest for the moment.

"Same here!" she stated, grinning. "There's a lot of nice people here- it is quite sad that people like her have to ruin it for you." She shook her head. "And to think she is not a student at this school!" She was liking the Hogwarts Scotland Champion less and less as she and Katerina conversed.

"You've never tried red licorice? You are missing out, my dear," she laughed. "If I manage to get my hands on some I'll bring them back to you over break!" Grinning broadly, Estrella was glad that she had found someone she could relate to, and not just on a few subjects.

((Yesh. TWIZZLERS. :wub: I want some now dangit ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back