Proceeding to the TWT

Katerina Ivanova

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
Katerina really wasn't looking forward to any of the TriWizard Tournament. She had no reason to - she wasn't chosen as champion, she didn't like dances...and what else was there for her? She hadn't even had occaision to meet many of the other students, and she was trying to avoid Nicolae as much as possible - so she hadn't even seen many of the Durmstrang students. And now she was being forced to endure the reminder that she was not champion - the first task. Katerina had contemplated avoiding it, but she had a duty to Durmstrang to attend. She'd support Cameron, as much as she may wish for him to be severely injured in the task. She hadn't particuarly warmed to Nina, and she hadn't met Hilary, but she wanted Cameron to win - for Durmstrang's pride. Even if she wished he'd get hurt in the process.

Having been up at the castle, Katerina slowly began to make her way to the pitch for the first task of the TriWizard Tournament, her face a picture of perfect apathy.

Estrella knew that mulling over her anger at the selections for the Triwizard Tournament was going to get her nowhere. She was attempting to shake off the feelings of hostility. Every time she thought about it it got her blood boiling; she had been beaten out for the title of Champion by a fourth year, she thought the Hogwarts Scotland champion was just plain rude, and she didn't really know the Durmstrang Champion. She didn't really feel up to cheering for anyone, in any case, and had contemplated not even attending. A little bit of her did want to see the games, however, and somehow, she was pulled towards the stands. She figured she could sit and watch, if anything, her feelings put aside.

Realizing that she had forgotten a sweater or jacket of some sort, as she knew that sitting in the stands might become quite frigid, she turned in the opposite direction and decided to take the long way around. She didn't really mind if she was a bit late; the announcements and such weren't all that important anyway. It wasn't like she needed to hear that she wasn't representing her school.

She began to walk back to the castle, cutting across the lawn. Not minding the opportunity to stretch her legs her mind was soon adrift; and before she knew it, she had walked smack dab into somebody, knocking them backwards. "I'm so sorry!" she stated, serious concern lacing her voice. The girl was blonde and one that she did not recognize; maybe she was from Durmstrang? In any case, Estrella knew that the girl had also not been watching where she was walking but was alright with putting that aside. She wouldn't cause a conflict over such trivial matters. "Are you alright?"

Katerina immersed herself in her thoughts, contemplating her upcoming OWLs and all the things she needed to study. OWLs weren't until next year, but she was stressing about them already nonetheless. At least not being chosen gives me more study time, she though, a little complacently. Hopefully I will do better than Cameron, and I can say that is because of the TriWizard.

Suddenly, Katerina was knocked backwards. "What..." she started to say, when she saw a girl her age who was from one of the Hogwarts schools, probably Hogwarts New Zealand. "Oh, it is alright, I am fine," she said, brushing herself off with a small smile. Katerina extended her hand towards the girl. "I do not believe we have met. My name is Katerina, what is your name?" she asked, in her slightly accented English.

Estrella's face flushed in embarrassment, glad that she hadn't knocked the girl over entirely. She didn't know many of the Durmstrang students but she was glad that this girl was not of Apollinariya's type, or so it seemed. She had a feeling that there would have been a big issue had that happened. The girl had seemed like the kind of person she would want to avoid.

She gave the girl a small smile, glad to hear that she was alright. "I do not recall us meeting either. My name's Estrella." She shook the girl's hand, and added, "Nice to meet you, Katerina. You're in Durmstrang, right? What year are you in? I'm a fifth year Ravenclaw, this school." She jabbed a finger back at the castle to indicate that she was indeed a student enrolled at Hogwarts New Zealand.

"I am really sorry about that. I should have been paying more attention," she added sheepishly, hoping that she wasn't talking too much. Years ago she would have been shy and reserved, and although Estrella still clung to some of that mentality she was much more open and outgoing. Not that it consumed her studies, however; she was still a Ravenclaw down to the core.

Katerina smiled, feeling a little at ease. She'd learnt a little about the houses, and she knew that Ravenclaw students were the studious, intelligent types. Katerina felt that if she had gone to Hogwarts, she would have been a Ravenclaw, without a doubt. "Pleasure to meet you, Estrella," she replied. "Yes, I am in Durmstrang, and I am also a fifth year. Most of us are fifth years, excepting two of the boys," she explained, bitterness tinging her normally calm voice at this last statement, "who are in their sixth year."

Katerina shook her head as Estrella attempted to explain herself. "Oh please, do not worry about it. I was not paying much attention to where I was going either," she said. "I suppose I was trying not to think about my destination," she added, quietly and sorrowfully. Katerina was still not happy about not being chosen. She did not have to worry about getting hurt physically, but her pride was already aching.

Estrella felt a little more comfortable now, despite the fact that she had nearly just knocked over this girl. "Really? That's neat that we're both in the same year. Where are you from? I mean, I've never really known what country the school is in." Her grandfather had gone there but she was still not sure.

She raised her eyebrows. "I'm surprised so many younger students got to go instead of the older ones. No offence, I mean." She gave Katerina a warm smile.

She smirked as Katerina admitted that she was attempting not to think about the Triwizard Tournament. "Ah, you are not the only one in that boat," she stated, "I'm almost considering skipping the whole thing. There's not really anyone I wish to see compete." If it had been a fifth year competing for Hogwarts New Zealand Estrella would have watched them with glee; but since it was not she still held on to a tinge of spitefulness. Normally she would not be this open with strangers but something told her that Katerina was also not happy with the selection of her school's champion.

Katerina smiled. "I'm from Russia. My mother is French, however. To be perfectly honest, I am not even sure exactly where the school is. They keep it a closely guarded secret," she admitted, a little embarassed about not knowing.

She nodded as Estrella mentioned the younger students going. "Indeed, I notice your champion and the Hogwarts Scotland champion are both fourth years. I also find it odd that there's so many younger students. I wonder about the goblet's choice," she added, bitterly. "I am not quite sure if it picked the right people. I am sure students who are slightly older and more experienced would have been better choices," she reasoned. Katerina shrugged, trying to look indifferent. "I suppose the injuries may be entertaining. I would avoid it, but there are so few Durmstrang students that we must turn out to pretend we are supporting our champion." Katerina gave a small laugh. She hoped she wasn't sounding too horrible, but she figured that Estrella was probably thinking the same thing.

Estrella grinned broadly back at Katerina, nodding to show that she was indeed listening. "I've never been to France or Russia-" she murmured, raising an eyebrow. "I wonder why they keep it a secret? I mean, I think it's supposed to be hard to find this school but it's known to be in New Zealand." Her dark eyes were bright as she looked to the girl. "Perhaps I can ask my grandfather- he told me that he attended Durmstrang."

Rolling her eyes, Estrella sighed, relieved that someone else was feeling the exact same as she was. "Seriously! I mean, I haven't really talked about it with anyone- I'm glad you feel the same way as I do." Her expression lightened considerably, quite glad that she was in the same boat with this girl and that she didn't seem to be offending her. "I can think of more than a few people who would have been better choices," she stated bitterly, declining to say that she indeed thought this of herself also.

Laughing along with the girl, she was quite happy that she had found someone new to relate to. "Injuries? Well, I never thought of that aspect-" she gave the girl a sinister grin. "I agree. If you want someone to sit with I'd be more than happy to, I don't feel like going myself but then again-" she sighed, tapping on her prefect's badge, "Duty calls." She figured that she was supposed to be there as supervision of sorts although prefects had never really been contacted considering the tournament. She guessed that it was her duty to show up.

Katerina looked thoughtful for a second, and then shrugged. "I have absolutely no idea why," she admitted. "Perhaps they are not trusting of the students. The whole school is shrouded in secrecy." She gave Estrella a light smile. "Your grandfather attended Durmstrang? That's pretty cool - my father is the only other member of my family to have gone there. Excepting my younger brother, of course," she added.

She couldn't help but grin as Estrella rolled her eyes. "I do not know Cameron particuarly well, but perhaps some of the other students would have been better choices..." Even Nicolae, she thought, although she would have rather died than admit such a thing.

Katerina laughed along with Estrella. "I suppose you have no choice, but to attend, in that case. Perhaps you could avoid the next tasks, having done your duty for the first," she reasoned. "I know that if I find it dull and tedious, I will cite illness or study as reasons to avoid the next two tasks."

Biting her lip, Estrella looked to the ground for a moment. "I wonder why that is- maybe it was a custom they had way back when and the school has just kept it up?" She had heard rumors that Durmstrang was a place where the Dark Arts used to flourish, maybe had even been taught at. But Katerina was nice enough and she would never judge her for anything of that nature. Not with her own family history, and even if the rumors were true Katerina did not seem to live up to them and were not responsible for them in any case.

"Yes, he did," she stated, declining to add that he was the Norwegian Minister of Magic, although Katerina probably wouldn't know who he was anyway. "He doesn't talk much about matters of that sort though." In fact, he did not talk much with her at all. Especially after the events of last summer.

Estrella gave her a small smile, her expression brightening. She pulled a lock of brown hair behind her ear as she continued to speak. "I have not had the chance to meet Cameron either- and I must say that I do not know Hilary very well, although I do not think she was the best choice. I do not know what the goblet sees. And this Nina from Hogwarts Scotland- she is plain rude. And takes me for an idiot." A bit of bitterness clung to her tone, remembering clearly that the girl had basically shrugged her off. She wondered if Katerina would say anything about that- she hadn't ever really talked to anyone about that incident.

"Hmm, I might have to consider that," she stated, grinning, "Although, I plan on attending the Yule Ball." She smiled at the girl as she looked to the stands, which were starting to fill up.

"Perhaps," Katerina said airily. Durmstrang had a bad reputation, she knew. No wonder they were so hidden away. If anybody found them, who knows what would happen to that person?

She could not help but laugh as Estrella mentioned Nina. "Ah, she has delighted you with her presence as well? I think she believes me to be an idiot as well. Certainly, she was not overly polite in conversation." She had found Nina to be a little rude, and unengaging in conversation. "I haven't spoken to her since," she added.

Katerina blushed as the Yule Ball was mentioned. "Oh, the Yule Ball. I am not one for social events, but I will be there," she said, softly. "The girls in my room are insisting that I attend, and as a visitor, I don't really have a choice. I suspect it will be nice, though. We don't really have those sort of things at Durmstrang," she said, a little wistfully. Katerina was starting to feel that she may actually have a nice time at the ball. She was without a partner, but she had a nice dress, and she would try to engage with the other students. At least she knew one person outside of Durmstrang, now.

A subtle smirk etched across Estrella's lips as she looked to the Durmstrang student. Besides Jaken, who was a transfer, and Yvan, she had not interacted with any of the students of that particular school. She still was curious as to the school's location but she would let it rest for now. Maybe she could muster up enough courage to ask Valcan over the summer.

Her eyes rolled as she listened to the girl's account of the Hogwarts Scotland champion, nodding her head. "Indeed, she graced me with her presence." She sneered, "Thought I was going to go swimming in the lake in this season. I'm sorry, but I'm not dumb enough to get frostbite." She laughed coldly, "I haven't spoken to her either, and I do not wish to. Well, at least I know now that it wasn't just me she was unpleasant too." She had attributed a dislike for the Hufflepuff, as she acted almost characteristic of a Slytherin.

Estrella's eyes lit up at Katerina's reaction. Many without dates were usually somber and refused to go to the ball(herself included) but Katerina seemed comfortable enough to be heading there alone. "Oh? But there are so many boys coming from your school!" She smiled. "I think for this one, going by yourself could be quite fun. We have a Yule Ball every year. But I think this one is going to be ten times as amazing, considering it's the Triwizard Tournament and all."

She grinned. "Maybe we could hang out. Surprisingly enough, I have a date this year. But there's always room for others." Estrella had the feeling that she and Katerina were going to be getting along quite well.

Katerina raised her eyebrows. "Swimming? In the lake, in autumn? I didn't think anybody was that foolish." She shook her head. "Although, that Nina..." Katerina laughed. Perhaps it was endurance training, although Katerina felt it was sheer stupidity. Certainly, Nina's intelligence had not impressed Katerina.

Katerina froze for a second as Estrella mentioned the boys from Durmstrang. "Oh, well, there are a few boys, however I believe they are more content with breaking the hearts of Hogwarts girls." She raised her eyebrows. Certainly Dominik would be all over the Hogwarts girls. Even Nicolae would be. Yvan, she was not so sure. As for Cameron, she had never really spoken to him before, even if they were in the same year.

Katerina smiled. "I suppose it should be fun. It would be pretty great to hang out," she added with a grin, feeling that she and Estrella had quite a lot in common, and would probably become good friends over the coming months spent at Hogwarts New Zealand.

"It beats me," Estrella laughed, "I love swimming, but you couldn't get me into that water without adequate supplies. A wetsuit maybe, and some gillyweed." She grinned. It was quite clear that she was not too amazed by any of the champions this year, and the first task would probably be the only thing to absolve her of her many doubts.

"Despite a transfer student that is taking classes here now," she stated, grinning, "The only boy I have met was, I think his name was Yvan?" He had been rather sociable, although not too overly nice. Nothing much had happened between the two besides idle conversation. "He seemed intelligent enough I suppose. I have not met any of the others, though." She had to admit, they were a good looking bunch too.

Smiling, she added, "Yeah, I think it would be!" She was really beginning to like Katerina, and hoped that friendship was not a hopeless concept. She had not had the greatest success in that area the past couple of years. "I am thinking that this year's should be especially pretty. And I bet they will have good food." She chuckled nervously.

Katerina looked towards the water, raising her eyebrows. "I am used to the cold, but cold water is horrible," she said, amazed. "I agree with you, the only thing that could get me in to the water is decent supplies!" she exclaimed with a laugh.

"Oh, you have met Yvan?" Katerina asked. "He is nice. He is a reasonably close friend of mine." Katerina didn't have many close friends, but Yvan was one of the few people she could call a friend, at the very least. Same with Yvonne and Angelica, although she had not seen them around much. "I do believe most of the Durmstrang students have been hiding away studying. I hope that is what they are doing, in any case. I hope they are not plotting to destroy the ship, or something like that," she mused, her eyes twinkling.

Katerina couldn't help but grin at the mention of food. She wasn't a big eater, but she liked the idea of the feast. "Oh, well, then I must attend, if the food will be good," she laughed. "I am sure it will be very nice."

A smirk played upon Estrella's lips as she looked back to Katerina. "We actually had to eat Gillyweed in Herbology," she said, gagging a bit at the thought of the taste, "Just a few days ago. But Professor Rambolt was sure to give us wetsuits. That wasn't too terrible. But with just my clothes? No way." She shook her head, chuckling a bit. "Cold water during the summer is not so bad, when you know the heat will dry you off, but in the winter, you could freeze to death!"

"Yes, he was very polite," she replied with a grin, and cute to boot. Nothing had happened of course, and she did not expect it too. She had figured the boy was assaulted enough by girls at the school than to proceed with anything of that nature. "I kind of feel bad for the boys at your school though- they get oogled everywhere they go." Chuckling a bit, she adding, "That might explain why they're not around. Destroying the ship would be bad. Although I'm sure they'd make room for you inside the school." Smirking, she added, "I think the only Durmstrang students I have met are you of course, Yvan, and, what was her name- Apollinariya. I am not quite sure what to think about her." It was quite indeed true. The girl hadn't even seemed approachable.

"I'd imagine there'd be a yule ball feast anyways," she chuckled, smiling back at Katerina. "And I think with visitors extra care would be taken to make the food good."

Katerina's eyes widened. "You had to eat gillyweed? Urgh. I can not imagine that that would be pleasant tasting." She shuddered. Katerina had learnt about gillyweed, of course, but she had never actually tasted it.

Katerina rolled her eyes as Estrella expressed sympathy for the boys. "Do not feel sorry for them. They enjoy every minute of it. The older ones especially. I am sure they find it distracting sometimes, but I feel that mostly, they love the attention." She smirked. "Oh, they are polite, and mostly harmless, but they are attention seekers, as most males are." Katerina grinned. She sounded quite worldly, but she had only really ever had one boyfriend, and that was Nicolae. "Oh, Apollinariya," she said, her smile faltering. "She is...um, how shall I say...difficult? Honestly, I can not stand her."

She laughed. "The matter is settled. If there is to be a great feast, then I shall definately attend."

Making a face upon the mention of Gillyweed, Estrella's tongue protuded from her mouth as she grimaced. "Ecch. It was rubbery and chewy, but not delicious in the way that clam and squid have the potential to be." She supposed that Katerina had probably tried these aquatic animals before. She herself found them to be of a peculiar and delightful taste. "But gillyweed? Never eat it if you can help it. It was hard enough keeping the stuff down."

Estrella raised an eyebrow at Katerina as she rolled her eyes. She had a feeling that there was more than a feeling of annoyance for the boys where Katerina was concerned. Grinning, she was not one to pry, adding, "Oh? Well, I can pretty much agree with that." Not all men were attention seekers, but she imagined that all the attention probably excited the boys a lot. "I am quite surprised that we are not swimming in drool for all the girls here do," she laughed.

"Yes, difficult might be the right description," she laughed, "I barely managed to get a word out of her. And it seemed the whole time that she was attempting to show me up, like she wanted to prove to me that she was better than me at magic." Indeed, Estrella had been practicing the Impediment Jinx on Gnomes when Apollinariya showed up. "And she just seemed- ice cold."

Laughing, she added, "I hope they do have a feast! I haven't had chicken in forever."

"I shall make a note of that. I am never going to try it. Unless it is a life or death situation," she conceded, with a laugh. "I wonder if there's some way it could be made to taste nicer? Although, why anybody would bother..." She paused, realising she was rambling about nothing.

"Hmm," Katerina began. "I have noticed that there do not seem to be many boys around here. It is very strange." She laughed at Estrella's comment. "I suppose all the drooling girls are at the first task now. Perhaps they are gazing intently at the boys there, I do not know. I have heard that Cameron has a girlfriend here, however." She shrugged, disinterested. She hadn't even considered him to be particuarly good looking, preferring the looks of Nicolae (she would only ever admit that to herself) and even Yvan.

Katerina sighed at Estrella's description of Apollinariya. "Oh, she's like that all the time. She always has to show that she's better at me, in every class. I mostly do better," she admitted, not trying to show off, merely stating a fact, "but any time she beats me in any subject, she has to shove it in my face. It is disgusting." Ice cold was perfectly right. Thanks to girls like Apollinariya, the common perception was that Durmstrang girls were cold. It was often true, but not always.

"Chicken?" Katerina grinned. "Sounds good! I'm interested to see what sort of food you'd have at a feast here. Hopefully it won't all be as...heavy as the Durmstrang food." She felt a little strange talking about food, but Katerina didn't mind. Sometimes it was good to have less serious points of conversation.

A grin plastered across her face, Estrella laughed, "I don't know, maybe to some it tastes good." Especially Professor Rambolt, she thought. That woman had downed the Gillyweed like nobody's business. "Who knows? With all the other things considered delicacies in this world of ours it could possibly be something people do eat." It was a good possibility, considering the odd dishes of other countries.

Estrella sighed exasperatedly. "It is strange! And it makes it so difficult to snag a date, let me tell you. I'm still surprised that I have one to the Yule Ball. We have a serious deficit of boys." She looked to the Quidditch Pitch in the distance, hearing the roars of the crowds in the stands. Was it starting already? Well, she didn't care much. If she missed part of the Tournament she wasn't going to shrivel up and die. "I do not belief I have ever actually looked at Cameron," she stated, smirking mischieviously. She could not be sure if he was good looking or not, she had been too angry at the Triwizard selection to be paying attention to the rest of the schools.

She rolled her eyes as Katerina explained about her rather frigid classmate. "Well, it is nice to know I am not alone on that one!" She grinned as Katerina hinted that she did better anyways, discerning that the girl would definitely be a Ravenclaw if she attended Hogwarts. "I have a feeling that if I attended your school I would have some serious issues with her. I am sorry that you have to deal with such a classmate." She had always gotten the impression that Durmstrang was a school full of frigid dispositions, although she had had few examples to learn by. Katerina seemed the polar opposite, or at least, a part opposite of this impression, and Estrella liked that a lot.

Estrella raised her eyebrows in confusion. "How is your food heavy? Do you mean rich?" She wasn't sure how to discern between 'heavy' and 'light' food.

((eeep, sorry about the delay.))

Katerina winced and shuddered. "Oh dear. I should hope such a thing would never happen!" She laughed. It would probably be something like sauerkraut, or snails. People would devour it, believing it to be an acquired taste - without acknowledging that in all honesty, it tasted completely horrible. And the side effects of gills and fins would not at all be pleasant.

She smirked as Estrella mentioned having a ball partner. "I take it your partner is not in his first year, then?" she asked, slyly. Most of the boys she had noticed looked to be in their first or second year, walking around with girlfriends the same age. It was quite disturbing when she saw people about 5 years younger than her embracing and kissing in the grounds. Katerina hoped her younger brother was doing nothing of the sort back at Durmstrang. "Whatever is going on over there," she said, nodding towards the Quidditch Pitch, "I'm assuming they don't have him on his best side." She shrugged. If she missed some of the action, she didn't really care. Although a small part of her did want to see Nina come to some sort of harm.

"It's okay," she said quietly. "Quite a few of the girls are like that. You get used to it after a while. As long as we stay away from each other, school is perfectly happy." She grinned. "I have not seen her around the place much. And after this, there are only two more years at Durmstrang, and then I'll hopefully never have to deal with her again. I certainly hope there is nobody like her in your year," she added, meaning it.

Katerina blushed. "Sorry, rich is what I meant. It's such a cold place that the food is all so rich. It sounds a little gluttinous of me, but the food here is making a rather good impression upon me!" She laughed.

Estrella stuck her tongue out, shaking her head. "I agree with you fully on that one- I should hope to never have to eat it again. And having gills and fins," she rubbed the back of her neck absentmindedly before drawing her hand away, realizing she was doing it, "Was one of the weirdest sensations ever. I mean, it was fun to swim, but definitely- odd."

Smirking back, she laughed, "Of course not. I'd be afraid they'd hug me to death or something." The amount of first year couples had increased over the years, and she couldn't really explain why. At the age of 11 she had no desire to even hang out with them much, she was still getting over the childish assumption that they had cooties. "He's a fifth year. Transfer student from your school actually." She smiled warmly, wondering if Katerina would know who she was talking about. She was still not sure what to think about her Yule Ball date, except that she had a slight crush on him. Well, slight might be an understatement. She cocked her head to the side. "On his best side? Do you mean there won't be a lot of rooting for him?"

"That's too bad," she stated, recalling that most girls, before dropping out of her year, had been quite friendly. There was Bellatrix, and there had been Sophia of course, although Sophia was long gone and Bellatrix did not have a reputation for trouble these days. It was probably for the better. "Yeah, there have been in the past but for the most part, now there's only three girls in our fifth year and three guys. If that." She hadn't seen Kiriyama around a lot.

Grinning, she added, "I'm not picky when it comes to trying new food. I'm sure something rich would be quite a change, I may have to try the food up there someday." She winked. "And don't worry, I'm partial to food myself. You're gonna have no judgments from me." She was quite glad that she had found someone out of the large masses of this tournament who was so relatable.

Katerina smirked. "I suppose gills and fins will be the next fashion trend. They will be on the runways of Paris and London soon." She laughed. Katerina didn't know that much about fashion, but she did know it could be rather bizarre, having seen pictures of muggle fashion shows, particuarly. Once she was used to the fact that the pictures didn't move, she was suitably stunned and confused by the odd clothing on show at these fashion shows.

She shuddered at the thought of dating as an eleven year old. "Oh dear. Who knew that children became so...emotional, so young?" she said, with a sarcastic laugh. She paused as she tried to think of the students who had left to attend Hogwarts New Zealand - there was Alexandru, who she had never known particuarly well, Kiriyama, who she had never gotten along with, and Jaken, who she rarely talked to - whenever they talked, it was usually him insulting her. Katerina was a shy library-dweller, occaisionally the target of malicious attacks from other students, who had mostly been from Jaken's "group". She wondered if he was still as horrible as he had been at Durmstrang. And if he was, she hoped desperately that Estrella wasn't taking him to the Ball. "Oh, I don't mean that people won't cheer for him, I just mean that whatever it is they are doing over there, he might not look good while doing it. I mean, those tasks have a history of being difficult. I believe there have been dragons and other creatures involved. I suspect nobody can look attractive when fighting off a dragon."

"Wow, only three girls? Wow. We have four over here!" she exclaimed, stunned at the small number. Then again, Hogwarts New Zealand was only five years old. "Except I haven't seen many of them lately..." she added, sheepishly. She had the feeling that Yvonne had gone home, although she honestly did not know. Which made her feel quite terrible, after all, Yvonne was supposed to be her friend.

Katerina laughed. "Oh good! I was starting to worry that you thought I kept my mind in my stomach!" She grinned. Katerina was glad she had met Estrella - she was starting to worry that she wouldn't be able to make any friends whilst at Hogwarts New Zealand for the TriWizard Tournament.

Estrella laughed. "Fashion trend? I suppose. I mean; if they're allowed to wear ducttape," she smirked, "They can wear anything!" She had seen some bizarre things on tv. Her Aunt Maggie had been particularly akin to a muggle fashion show that had long been on tv and was in what, season thirty? She couldn't remember the name for the life of her except that the lady who ran it was a former German model.

Chuckling, she stated, "Emotional is an understatement. They cling to each other as if there is no tomorrow. Personally, as an eleven year old I could care less about boys. I was more concerned with proving that I was academically competent." Her eyebrows raised as she looked to the girl, wondering what was going through her head. She decided not to pry and continued with the rest of the conversation. Laughing, she stated, "Yeah, that is the thing that would ultimately suck about being champion. You would get showed up like no other! I don't want anyone to die but I hope that that Tournament is extremely difficult." Indeed, since she had not been chosen she was still a bit bitter, although she was getting over it these days.

"Four? Wow. It's amazing to think that, once upon a time, we probably had twenty five girls in our year." She bit her lip, wondering what that said about the school itself. Everyone had died, or transferred. "That is too bad. I wonder where they all have gone. I assumed your numbers were small too, considering the only one I have met since you was Apollinariya."

"Don't worry," Estrella laughed, quite glad that she had found another girl who seemed to enjoy food as much as she did. In fact, she was just glad to find another girl her age to talk to at all. "When it doesn't come to my students I'm a rather laid back person- food is just one of my weaknesses."

Katerina couldn't help but giggle at this. "Fashion confuses me. I would laugh loudly if Yule Ball fashion was as bizarre as some things I have seen in muggle magazines." She had a (muggleborn) friend in France who was attending Beauxbatons, and she had spent some summers at her place, looking at the bizarre fashions of the muggle world, as well as swimming and shopping.

She sighed and shook her head. "I suppose that makes breakups all the more devistating. And to think, this is at age eleven. What will they do when they are older and are in proper relationships?" Katerina laughed softly to herself at the thought of this. Katerina had only had one real relationship, and that was in her 4th year. Of course, that hadn't resolved well, and now she was stuck with him in New Zealand, for the TriWizard Tournament. Still, she'd done a decent job of avoiding him, and she'd stopped thinking about it so much. "I hope the Goblet knows what it's doing," she muttered, bitterly. Perhaps Cameron and Nina both had amazing hidden skills that she hadn't seen - she suspected they would have to be very well hidden - and maybe they were right for the task. "I hope they do a reasonable job, in any case."

"It is rather depressing. Perhaps there is less wizardry - although I don't believe that - or perhaps the education is just getting more difficult. I don't know. The only girls who came over here were Apollinariya, myself, Yvonne and Angelica - although Yvonne may have gone home, I am not sure. There are four boys too - Yvan, Cameron, Dominik and Nicolae. I suppose we should be rather a close-knit group..." she raised her eyebrows at her own statement. "However, Durmstrang does not teach us to be friendly to others. It is rather sad to see so many people leave your school. It is rather a nice place, and seems to be a lovely school," she said, sadly.

Katerina laughed. "Food is an alright weakness to have. It keeps us going, I suppose." She grinned. "I don't believe it's possible to enjoy it too much!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back