Private! A meeting... (continued)

"She was unable to actually kill the king. She says in the book that the king looked to much like someone she knew." Grande said "She does though return to replace the daggers that Macbeth uses to kill the king. Do you know what happens to her?"

Bellatrix shook her head, implying a 'no' as she was so inticed by the complexity of this tale that Grande knew so much about.

"This book can be done as a play. It is actually more a play than a book." Grande said "Lady MacBeth is driven insane over what she has done."

Grande opened the book to the first page. "Shes driven insane to the point where she dies. She can't cope. I'm sure your a lot stonger than she is" Grande said

Bellatrix shook her head. "I wouldn't be so sure....but I guess it would all depend solely on the situation.

"She didn't even do the murder. She only made sure that they wouldn't get caught. Macbeth did the actually killing." Grande said "What would the situation have to be, if you don't mind me asking?"

"I don't know....just that....it....would be....someone I care about....or something...I don't know...." Bellatrix said shyly.

"Someone you care about. Someone you consider a friend"Grande said "One of the first lines in this play is one of the most famous. Most people know it with out ever having read MacBeth." Grande said pointing to it. " 'Fair is Foul and foul is Fair' "

Bellatrix watched Grande, unsure how to react in this insightful conversation. Should she accept his friendship? Or block him out, like others, before he gets too close...to actually want to be a true friend.

Grande ignored the slight silence and began to flick through the book to were Lady MacBeth first appears. He pointed to the page. "Here is the first time we see Lady Macbeth. She reads a letter from Macbeth telling her that he could be king."Grande said "She doubts him from the very begining. 'Yet I do fear thy nature, It is too full o' th' milk of hman kindness' " Grande quoted.

"Lady Macbeth thinks that MacBeth is too full of goodness." Grande said. "Further on, when she finds out the king is coming to her castle that night she plans to kill him when he is at there castle." Grande ran his finger further on down the page. " 'Come you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here, And fill me from crown to the toe top-full of direst cruelty' " Grande quoted

"Yeah it is quite dark. Why do you think the author, Shakespeare chose those words. As they are not word that are used very often." Grande asked

"Yeah" Grande said simply "I think you would like Shakespeares work. Its good, complex, dark and in some romance. You would really like them"

Grande nodded "Do you know of any of his other work?" Grande asked.

"Well theres Romeo and Juliet, Mid Summers Night Dream, Hamlet. Do any of them ring a bell?" Grande asked

"Well I didn't really expect you to. They are muggle books and plays. From over 400 years ago." Grande said

"What about wizarding literature. Are there any really famous wizarding stories?"Grande asked curious to find out more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back