Practicing

"Well its a cartwheel without hands." Kiera said cheerfully. "It takes alot of practice. Its hard because you have to resist the urge to put your hands down though many people do halfway through because they get scared. Plus you have to kick your legs over with enough force." she explained with a smile. Kiera took a few steps back. She took a three running steps before swinging her arms up. She circled them around as she kicked her legs over. Her arms helped lift her into the air. Kiera turned grinning to Caysi. "Whatcha think Sham?" she asked.

Caysi shook her head. "Oh my, not yet..can we try something.......like a flip, because that will help with diving."

Kiera grinned. "Well this is called a back tuck. You are going to try and jump straight up with your arms up. When you reach the top of your jump you pull knees up and your arms down under your knees to help pull. That will cause you to flip." she told her friend. She hoped her explaination made sense.

Caysi nodded. " Your explanation makes it seem easier than it looks" she said giggling. " I'm ready...." she said biting her lip.

Kiera nodded. She stepped over to Caysi and put her hand on her back. "I will be here and give you the extra time or flip you need by lifting up on your back." she explained. "Im ready when you are." she said with a grin.

Caysi breathed in and out, " I'm ready as I'll ever be!", she said. She jumped up and with her hands in the air, she pulled her knees up to her stomach and held them like no tomorrow. With all her power she forced herself to flip. She landed to the ground on her knees and hands laughing.

Kiera used all her strength once Caysi jumped into the air to try and help her make it all the way around. Still Caysi landed on her knees. Kiera remembered her similar landing when she first attempted a tuck. Kiera laughed. "You alright Sham?" she asked.

Caysi nodded, she rubbed her hands together to get the grass off. She got back up and said " I think I should try again, what do you think?" she asked.

Caysi nodded. " I'm ready again!" Caysi took a small breath and smiled she jumped up in the air, she kicked her knees up to her stomach and kicked herself over to the other side and just landed in a crouch. " Was that better?" she asked.

Kiera pulled up on Caysi's back as she started to flip. She held her into the air longer this time. It was much better."Yes but keep your knees and feet in a straight line as you tuck." she suggested.

Caysi smiled. " Alright!". She was ready to try again, Caysi jumped a bit higher that usual and kept her feet straight and in a pointed toe position while she flipped. She landed on the ground perfectly but still a bit shaky. " So kinda like that?".

Caysi nodded. " Would it be easier if I ran and did that...is that even possible?".

Caysi nodded. " I'm going to try, hopefully I won't get hurt!". She backed up a few spaces, she ran and did a cartwheel that ended in a roundoff and kicked her knees up and flipped back wards and landed on her feet, she smiled. " How was that?".

Kiera nodded her head and watched Caysi prepare. As soon as Caysi landed her round off, Kiera's hand was there. She lifted up on Caysi's back and helped her flip. She landed perfectly. "Great Sham!" Kiera answered with a grin. "This way is easier?" she asked.

Caysi nodded. " A whole lot easier!". " My sister taught me something as well it was called a flip, flimp something like that." Caysi took a head start for a cartwheel and did a backwards flip. " That's all she's taught me, did I do it right?" She asked Kiera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back