Practicing for quidditch

Courtney began to laugh, but then stopped immediately. She flew closer to Ford, and talked in a low voice. "Ford, if you were fine, you wouldn't have dashed around like a maniac at first. Secondly, you and Sophia keep giving each other short er...glances. I know I'm not the captain, but I also know that as teammates we should learn to get along. If you like Sophia, then why don't you just tell her."

Courtney flew over to where Elizabeth was. "Why don't we find a quaffle?" She suggested.

Liz grinned at Courtney. After last practice, Liz had an urge to lock both Slytherins in a classroom and not let them out until they were on good terms again.

"Alright! Quidditch for now, potions talk later!" she laughed

Sophia saw Ford's blank look toward her, and she returned it with a defiant stare. She saw that Courtney was speaking to Ford, but could not hear what she was saying. Liz's proclamation that they would play Quidditch now was quite the relief, as Sophia did not want to really think about her and Ford right now. She continued to hover, waiting for instruction.

Ford stared after Sophia, Women! He thought. He began to float around, randomly, as his mind was wondering a fair bit.

"So how should we set this up? We could divide into teams, with one chaser and one keeper on each team. Or we could do whatever anyone else suggests, sorry guys, I'm a little bit out of ideas at the moment."

"I think your idea sounds fair, but you and Liz would have to decide which one of you will play Keeper and which will play Chaser, as we already have one Keeper and one Chaser here. It is a bit hard to orchestrate much when half of the present party are Beaters."

Liz nodded. "Alright, well, I can play a chaser I suppose. Throwing the ball around might help prepare me for that ninety-ton bat. Is that okay with you Courtney?"

As much as Liz wanted to have Ford and Sophia together, she also wanted them to have fun. They looked like they were having a hard time right now. That's something for them to work through themselves.

"I call Sophia!!" Liz said, grinning.

Sophia was happy that she had been picked by Liz. She was not mad at Ford or anything, she was just...confused. "Well, it appears we simply need a quaffle and then we can begin."

Ford quietly floated over to Courtney, not really eager to say much at this point.

((I don't know if we're supposed to just take quaffles, but oh well))

Courtney flew down to the shed that contained the school broms and quidditch supplies and dug around it for a few minutes in search of a quaffle. When she emerged from the shed, she had a quaffle in her hand. "This should work!" She said grinning.

Flying back up to the group, she looked at Ford. "Looks like we're on a team together! WeeHoo!"

Ford nodded, "Alright, so what are we doing?" Ford asked dryly, he hadn't really been paying attention. He glanced over at Sophia, sighed, and returned to Courtney.

Sophia's expression softened a bit as she spoke to Ford. "We are playing two on two. Elizabeth and I are one team, and you and Courtney are the other. You will, of course, be acting as Chaser for your team."

Liz grinned playfully at Ford. "Sorry if I knock you off your broom or something. Beater-habit, right?" she laughed. Then she noted Ford's rather... blank expression. "I was only joking. I swear I won't actually." she laughed nervously.

"Okay, so... are we ready?"

"I think so!" Courtney replied grinning. Noticing Ford's expression, she laughed. "Ford, don't worry, it isn't all that bad to be stuck with me. I'm not the one who makes the candies."

"Well, if we are beginning now," Sophia stated before she flew off to one end of the pitch, hovering in front of the goal posts.

Liz grinned, "Yeah, you could be stuck with me. Poor Sophia hasn't seen a mirror yet, but that hair color won't wash out for a month!" she grinned at Sophia, who's hair was exactly the same as always.

Sophia gave Liz a smirk. "Too bad for you I know my hair is black, firstly because I can see it, secondly because I have yet to eat any of your candy."

Liz grinned wider. "What if I told you that it was something in the air that was set only to work on females, and Courtney and I had already had the antidote. Not to mention, the person with the bright hair couldn't see it."

Courtney shook her head laughing, as she flew to the goalposts opposite of Sophia. "If you chasers are ready, we should start!"

"Liz, I will admit you have a talent, but that would be astounding if you could pull off something of that magnitude. Let me know when you get that worked out, will you?"

Ford watch the three of them talk back and forth, and decided to stay out of it, deeming it to be a girl thing.

Courtney realized it was her that had the quaffle in her hands. "Oops!" She yelped as she tossed it toward the center of the pitch. "One, two, three! Go!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back