Practicing for quidditch

Liz grinned. "Alright. Well, Sophia, we're brainstorming for prank-candy. Would you help us out?" she suddenly stopped swinging her bat and balanced it on the broom. "And gee, that bat is HEAVY. Once I get good with that, I'll be amazing with any other bat."

Sophia looked at Courtney as she patted her shoulder, trying to ignore the fact that she despised being touched. She kept her gaze serious, but not angry, moving it on to Liz. "Prank candy? What ideas do you have so far?"

Ford sauntered down to the pitch. He was ready to practice some quidditch; the past few days had been tough and stressful, and he wanted to practice to loosen up. As he approached the field, he saw Courtney, Liz and Sophia flying around. He mounted his broom and silently floated up to his teammates.

((Ahh Ouch))

"Well I had suggested something about making another person laugh hysterically. I mean, it would be gold to get Bellatrix with that one."

Sophia was considering the prank candy as she saw Ford flying toward them. Trying not to look at nervous as she felt, Sophia adjusted her position on the broom, avoiding looking at Ford. "Well, as long as you did not give me that candy, I believe it would be a good idea. It would be quite a sight to see Bellatrix laughing hysterically, as opposed to an evil cackle."

Courtney noticed that Ford had come to join them. "Ahh Ford, no sparkly bikini today?"

Turning to Elizabeth and Sophia once again, she asked, "Do you guys know any ingredients that would cause such an effect?"

Ford approached the group slowly, and cocked his head at Courtney's comment. Sophia seemed to be ignoring him. He looked at her for a moment, the kicked his broom off at full speed. He began flying around the pitch at recklessly high speeds.

Sophia gave a bit of a sigh as Ford flew off, fairly certain that it was her fault. Not wanting to explain to Liz and Courtney, she continued the conversation. "Alihotsy leaves cause hysteria."

Courtney shook her head at Ford, What is he doing?

"Boys." She sighed. "Wow, Sophia, you must have aced potions!"

"Thank you Courtney. I did not exactly ace the class, but potions is my favorite subject."

Courtney was getting tired of just sitting on her broom, so she began to fly upside down. "Potions was my favourite class, along with Defense against the Dark Arts. I messed up and got two questions wrong on the potions exam though. So what is your opinion on how we should present the 'hysteria' candy?"

Sophia followed Courtney with her golden eyes, confused. "I am afraid I am not entirely sure what you mean by presenting it."

Courtney laughed, turning around to fly rightside up once again. "I'm sorry, I must have been unclear. Hmm, like how should we form it? We could do fudge, hard candy, or something entirely unique."

Ford was flying around in and out of the stands. His mind was wandering from flying to Sophia, he was still confused about her. He came out of his reverie just in time to see a large set of stands coming at him. He veered out of the way just in time to avoid it, and decided to fly back to his teammates. He slowly flew back, "Sophia, Courtney,Liz," he said, nodding to each of them in turn.

"Ah, I see. I am not exactly used to planning out the making of prank candies. What about a lollipop? You could call them Laughter Lollipops." Sophia seemed a bit nervous as she proposed her idea, hoping it did not sound as idiotic to Liz and Courtney as it had to her while she was saying it. She then noticed that Ford has flown back to them and gave him a curt nod, accompanied by a quick smile that disappeared almost instantaneously.

Liz grinned. "We might be able to make something seperate for Bella. I'd almost recommend fluxweed, but that would make the potion effective only on someone who doesn't laugh much or at all. Coupled with the Alihotsy, it would specify that laughter was the aspect to change. I mean, without the Alihotsy, it could alter anything...." Liz trailed off. "I like potions too." she said, grinning

Courtney nodded at Sophia and Elizabeth, in turn. "Sophia, that's a cute idea for a name. Liz, you're the expert on candy making, so I suppose I'll go with anything you say."

Not looking at Ford, she added "I'm glad you have decided to join us."

Sophia listened to Liz in admiration. Most people did not enjoy potions, as it is not quite as fun as other subjects. Although an extensive knowledge of potions would be essential to creating candies such as these. "What about sneezewort? It causes rashness and recklessness."

Courtney grinned, "I say sneezewort is a good idea, but not for the batch we will feed to Bellatrix. Who knows what the outcome would be then? I'm sure not a good one."

Ford looked at Courtney, "Well, flying calms the nerves." Then he resumed his silence and made a occasional looks at Sophia.

"Well of course you would not need a large amount of sneezewort, just a bit." Sophia was trying to avoid looking at Ford, but her gaze kept drifting to him so often. As soon as she looked at him, she looked elsewhere, trying very hard to remain calm and composed.

Liz poked Courtney. "Hey, I might make the candy, but you're just as much of a prankster as I am." she then turned to grin at Sophia. "I actually use sneezewort in one of my other candies. It has a nice effect." she grinned. "I'd be worried about using it in a candy that induces laughter, since that combined could made the user manic. Maybe a splash of calming draught would balance it out. Not too much though, otherwise the entire potion would lose effectiveness."

Courtney's comment came out of the blue, and he looked at her before slowly shifting his gaze to Sophia. He looked at her blankly for a moment then cocked his head to the left. "I'm fine," Ford declared matter-of-factly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back