Practicing for quidditch

Courtney Potter

Wand
Best wand ever!
Courtney strolled out to the quidditch pitch, she had just bought a new beater's bat and a bludger and was extremely excited. Finding a good spot, she tossed the bludger in the air and hopped on her firebolt.

"Weehoo!"

"Weehoo!" Liz called back, walking onto the quidditch pitch with her firebolt and new bat. "Getting some practice in?"

"Liz! Come join me!" She said as she swung her bat at the approaching bludger, knocking it in Elizabeth's direction.

"Maybe we could get somebody else to join us as well. You know, the more the merrier."

Liz shrieked. "Eeek! Courtney!" she heaved the bat up, and hit the bludger, but barely, and with no direction.

"I just got a new bat! I can't hit a thing with it until I get used to the weight." she bit her lip. "I bought the heaviest one they sold."

Courtney chuckled, "Elizabeth, you're so silly. Why would you go and buy the heaviest bat?"

She chased after the bludger Elizabeth had just hit, swinging her bat around. "Mine isn't too heavy, but it wasn't the lightest bat there either. I just think it fits my hand like a glove."

She laughed. "Once I get in a bunch of practice with this thing...." she grinned. "This is what professional beaters use. My problem is that they're usually large men. So, I have to gain the strength of a large man." she swung the bat ahead of her a couple times. "It's incredibly aerodynamic though, so once I'm proficient with it? Wowee!" she laughed.

Courtney playfully rolled her eyes. "Only you make the silliest actions seem smart. While we are practicing, we should think up some pranks. You know, kill two birds with one stone."

She grabbed the bludger and tossed it lightly in Elizabeth's direction. "One, two, three, heads up!"

Liz literally grunted as she hit the bludger away. "Ugh, large men don't get enough credit." she grinned. "Alright! Shoot me some prank ideas! Avoid the bludgers coming at me while I think though."

Courtney flew to the bludger, hitting it nowhere in particular.

"I wonder if we can somehow make someone laugh hysterically. It would be great to hit the serious students with, or even a professor."

Liz grinned. "Yeah, that one would be good. I've actually made one that makes people happy- I got Bruin with it. But a laughing one would be amazing!" she laughed. "Bella would kill us."

((Sophia would very much not appreciate that candy. Although she knows better than to accept candy from the two of you. :D ))

Liz laughed. "Anonymously. And it can't look like candy, or she'll hate us. Maybe in her pumpkin juice or something..." she continued swinging the bat at air.

((Sophia crossed my mind ;P but then I was like "Wait, she really would kill us!"))

((Hahahaha, we'll have to create it in a non-candy form :lol: Pssst Sophia, you can join us if you'd like, and get some quidditch points :p ))

Courtney began to chase Liz with her bat. "Rawr!"

"Actually, I think Bella would Crucio us either way. Pumpkin juice or candy!"

((-sigh- All right. I suppose.))

Sophia walked out to the pitch with her new Quidditch gear on, her Firebolt over her shoulder. Quite unexpectedly she saw Liz and Courtney flying around, hitting a bludger. She mounted her Firebolt and flew up to them. "Mind if I join you?" Sophia seemed surprisingly relaxed today, her long black hair flowing behind her as she hovered, waiting for an answer.

Courtney turned around to see Sophia approach them. "Of course you can join us, especially since you look so snazzy in your quidditch gear."

((Sorry, it was tempting :p ))

Now that she had been permitted to join, Sophia wondered what she could actually do to practice with the two beaters. "So Captain, what should I do?" she directed at Liz, hoping she would have an idea.

Liz grinned. "Sophia! Good to see you're out practicing!" she smiled. "Whatever feels right. I mean, I don't know if you want to mess around near this bludger. Flying around might be a better option for now. I'm not going to be handling the bludger much myself until I get used to this bat."

"Yes, flying sounds good I suppose. I mainly came out to break in my new Quidditch gear." With that Sophia began to fly circles around the two girls, keeping an eye on where the bludger was flying.

Courtney winked at Elizabeth. "She could help us come up with ideas you know...That is, if she'd be willing to."

Turning to Sophia, she said "What if we put away the beater bats and bludger and practice with a quaffle or something?"

Liz turned to Courtney. "Well, she's a Slytherin. As much as they like to deny it, they have the mind for this kind of thing." she grinned at Sophia. "So Courtney, do you want to ask her or shall I?"

Sophia deviated from her circle and flew up above Liz and Courtney, then swooping down to stop beside Courtney. "That really is up to you. It is I who have entered into your practice session, therefore you are in charge. Also, ideas for what?"

Courtney patted Sophia on the shoulder. "We are teammates, and friends. Nobody is in charge here, we are all just practicing together."

She grabbed the bludger and flew to the ground, placing it on the grass with her bat. Flying back up to the girls, she grinned. "Elizabeth, I think you should ask her."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back