Practice in the soft grass

Darian Dragos Dinu

Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
Darian led her out to the patch where he would do his morning routine. It was a clear day so he had no worries that they would be rain out. He set down a duffel bag he had been carrying with him and taped his knuckles and feet. "This will keep you from getting hurt. I usually use the two inch rule but we don't have to use that if you think you can take my hits."

"I don't think I'll have to worry about not being able to take your hits." She said confident in herself. She raised her hand against the sunlight, it was so bright today.

"Let me see your hand." He held out a stretch of tape.

She held out her left hand first. It was the way she had always done it. The less dominant had was more important to protect, because it was weaker. At least that was her thought. "So how long have you been doing this again?" she asked him.

Darian started to tape her hand. Around the palm, over the knuckles, weave through the fingers, and over the knuckles again. He proceeded to tape her other hand and her feet as well. "7 years all together. That's not too tight is it?"

"No it's fine," she said gigling. She was so ticklish, it was hard to hold still.

Darian stood up. "There. Shall we spar a little so we know where each other is at?" He took on a horse stance. His feet shoulder width apart, his dominate hand at his waist, and his left hand in front in a blocking position.

"Yeah okay, but i'm not much for traditional." seh said smilng. She never had been. She threw Karate into her freestyle.

She took a personal stance. it wasn't anyhting she had learned the name of yet, but it was comfortable for her. Her feet here about shoulder length apart and she cracked her back and stretched a little, before placing her hands in a protective position. it was what she used when her sister tried to grab her. She didn't ever memorize the names of the stances, she just knew what they were by looks.

Darian started easy, throwing up a quick kick at her side. He rotated bring his hand to the ground and forcing his body up so the his kick would go past her arms.

She went to block his kick but it went right past her arm, as if he didn't want to hit her. She grabbed his leg before it could hit the ground. "i though you were actually going to hit me?"

With Angela still holding his leg, he smiled at her, then twisting his body on the ground whipped his other leg around catching her shoulder. "Eh. I thought about it."

She dropped his leg and took a step back, leaving him no support. "Too afraid to hit the pretty girl?" She asked tying her hair back swiftly.

Using his hands he spun around landing on his feet. He jolted. One, Two, Three, Four round house kicks at her head. He jumped up and spun backwards sending his foot straight to her side.

the kicks at her face completely missed, but the side kick hit her only lightly, she was too slow. She moved gracefully and spun a kick right for his side like he had done to her. She didn't want to hit him hard, she was more of a pacifist then anyhting.

Darian stepped back and side turning his body as he did so. 'Time for some close combat.' he thought to himself. He hooked his arms against one of her arms and brought it up, forcing her to flip forward. 'Being into Gymnastics she should have no problem with that.'

Angela felt him hook her arm and flip her. She hadn't been prepared, but laded pretty well (though it wasn't a ten point landing). She smiled and brought her leg around to try and trip him. it was a painful move but worth it. 'let's see what happens.'

Darian felt her leg sweep his feet. He fell painfully to the ground. 'Very nice.' He flipped up landing on his feet. With a smile he said, "I think that's a pretty good warm up. Ready for the real thing?"

She nodded, nervous. that was one of her best moves that she could preform right now. But she knew she had done something wrong, her leg hurt. But she ignored it completely. She smiled and got back into position.

Darian stepped into a crane position. One leg extended in the air for swift kicks and mobility, the other turned side way in a balance on the ground. He raised his hands and cupped his fingers into mantis claws. It was a stance built for speed but not agility. Quickly he leapt forward and struck out with his extended leg. Turning even quicker he struck with his back leg, aiming for her hip.

"ah," she exclaimed as she hit the ground with a thud. She hadn't been expecting that. She got up quickly and stared at him for a second. She only had to let him hit her one more time for studying. She kept a defensive position, and watched closely.

In a frenzied motions he let off a mantis attack. His cupped fingers coming downwards to hit her in random places. They were blunt hits not meant to hurt but to confuse. After 20 or 25 hits he slipped down and swept his foot beneath hers.

Angela jumped over his foot, and did a flip. She placed her hands on his shoulder while in air. She tried to keep the kick as soft as possible as she landed it in his back. She felt the pain flow through her own leg as she let go of him, hoping that the force would knock him down. it was her signature move... the last thing her father was teaching her before he died.

Darian felt the kick land in his back forcing him over. He pushed of the ground into a front flip, turned in the air landing to face her. He looked at her with a concerned look. "Your last few attacks have been weak. Are you alright?"

"yeah just a bit rusty. I don't usually fight unless i have to." She said lying. She wanted to keep fighting as long as she could.His was extremely fun.

Darian nodded. "My muscles need some stretches. Will you join me?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back