Pottermore

You should do that tomorrow Nick. Between you and Cyndi and the GM's it would be easy to get it done. :D

Anybody who feels like setting it up can. :tut:
Then just PM me the password and I'll activate it whenever I spy the emails. :r

Because I think it's unlikely I'll be on to get it done. xD Especially with this whole 1 second window of opportunity business.

Lily Drage said:
You should do that tomorrow Nick. Between you and Cyndi and the GM's it would be easy to get it done. :D
Except me as I obviously keep missing it :tut:

What time did it go up today?

Anybody who already has an account, sure.
It'll only let the email register once. So if somebody is successful, nobody else will be and won't have to worry about it. :tut:

Congratulations!
You’ve successfully validated your early access Pottermore account. You will be one of the lucky few to shape the experience before the site opens to all in October.

You may have to wait a few weeks for your Welcome email to arrive as we can’t let everyone into the Beta site at the same time.

We look forward to seeing you.

I got registered, Didn't see this earlier, or I would have done the community account. :(

Everybody should definitely register a personal account before we even think about the community account.
Besides, setting up a secure community account will be a problem anyway - as anybody could easily just change the email and password on it to keep it. So it'd probably be something like - post a topic about it, PM an admin to get account details - only people we trust for the most part get it. If the login stops working, we start chewing off heads. :r

Nicolas King said:
Also: What the crap, why does the Pottermore hosting suck so much? Like seriously, just host your website properly and stop this "due to overwhelming demand" poop.
What happens when it opens to the public, or even opens its beta period, and there are thousands (if not hundreds of thousands at the very least, maybe even millions) loading far more resource intensive and each unique page? This isn't going to cut it.
Seriously :correct: .
It took me a lot of tries before the quill page loaded properly. Instead, it kept sending me to a Sony page to purchase the HP Deathly Hallows game. I was even beginning to think that I had the wrong answer xD . And, I never even got to see the magic quill.
At least I got the validation email quickly. :tut:

Professor Cyndi Weasley said:
Nicolas King said:
Also: What the crap, why does the Pottermore hosting suck so much? Like seriously, just host your website properly and stop this "due to overwhelming demand" poop.
What happens when it opens to the public, or even opens its beta period, and there are thousands (if not hundreds of thousands at the very least, maybe even millions) loading far more resource intensive and each unique page? This isn't going to cut it.
It took me a lot of tries before the quill page loaded properly. Instead, it kept sending me to a Sony page to purchase the HP Deathly Hallows game. I was even beginning to think that I had the wrong answer xD . And, I never even got to see the magic quill.
The most important question; did you buy the game? xD

Mike Goulding said:
Professor Cyndi Weasley said:
Nicolas King said:
The most important question; did you buy the game? xD
No. xD

Guess what? You’ll never believe it. I saw someone selling a Pottermore beta account on ebay for fifteen dollars. :o It’s very strange. Why would you buy it? Honestly? And there was a bid for it too… :correct:

Rhea Chevaliar said:
Guess what? You’ll never believe it. I saw someone selling a Pottermore beta account on ebay for fifteen dollars. :o It’s very strange. Why would you buy it? Honestly? And there was a bid for it too… :correct:
I would buy it... but not for fifteen dollars. Maybe 8...

It's free though. Why would you pay for something that is meant to be free?
Today's clue is up!
the clue said:
What is the house number of the Headquarters for The Order of the Phoenix in Grimmauld Place?
Multiply this number by 21.

I knew the answer off the tippity top of my head. :o

Me too :p Yay Pottermore!

So, according to Pottermore Insider, the times for the last two clues are as follows:

Clue 6 (tomorrow): 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM BST
Clue 7 (Saturday): 12:30 AM to :cry:00 AM BST

Hope that helps anyone who has not yet been able to find the quill :)

DAY 6
How many chapters are there in HARRY POTTER and the Half-Blood Prince?
Multiply this number by 14.
420 (there are 30 chapters)

Briar Rowan said:
DAY 6
How many chapters are there in HARRY POTTER and the Half-Blood Prince?
Multiply this number by 14.
420 (there are 30 chapters)
For a second there I thought the question was "How many characters are there..." and I was like OMG that's a ridiculously hard question! :lol:

xD I wonder if anyone would actually ever get that!

I actually got on this morning, got the answer and keep getting referred to the this: http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/ Damn near 50 times, I just kept refreshing and refreshing and it didn't work and then I had to go to work so I didn't get on :mad: I better get on tomorrow seeing as it's the last day xD

Patricia Styx said:
I actually got on this morning, got the answer and keep getting referred to the this: http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/ Damn near 50 times, I just kept refreshing and refreshing and it didn't work and then I had to go to work so I didn't get on :mad: I better get on tomorrow seeing as it's the last day xD
That's what is supposed to happen.
The quill site redirects you to a partner website.
In the partner website, an ad area shows the magic quill. You catch the magic quill and are redirected back to Pottermore to register. If you are using an adblocking software, you can't do it. (Obviously. ) ;)
There are a few exceptions to this. On one day, they were having problems with that system and redirected users directly to the registration page. Also, users on certain mobile devices can't do the advertisement bit properly and are redirected to the registration page immediately as well.

:)
It confused me at first, too. I turned off AdBlockPlus and problem solved. ;)

Patricia Styx said:
Does this make me an evil person because I laughed? :r

Users who are viewing this thread

Back