Pottermore

iMessage would be awesome! I used to use BBM to chat with Courtney. And no, I don't have the fancy iPhone 4 cause I am cheap. xD 3GS was $150 bucks cheaper and I thought I would rather use that money to go to the festival I had tickets for. :p

Plus, I found it easy to get onto Pottermore quickly this way -- and to hop on HNZ too. (lame attempt to go back to the topic)

iPhone 4 for the win! :r
For some reason the Pottermore website shows up better/faster on my phone than my computer sometimes. :correct:

Lily Drage said:
Abby has iPhone? :woot: But, do you have any of the "Friends" games? :p
Words & Hanging! :frantics:

Isabella Chaos said:
Lily Drage said:
Abby has iPhone? :woot: But, do you have any of the "Friends" games? :p
Words & Hanging! :frantics:
We need to play! I will pm you so we can get back to Pottermore chatter here!!!

Mike Goulding said:
Nicolas King said:
Mike Goulding said:
Artemis Jackson said:
Yes, yes. Of course. But when I got the confirmation message, it was already expired since it already reached the time limit. And it said that I needed to register again to be included. So, that's why I gave it another shot, and fortunately, I succeeded.

Am I giving the correct info?
Don't you think that it's unfair that you registered again for another account? After all it was your own fault the link expired and now you've taken the chance off one person for early access for a second chance. Seems unfair to be honest.
I think she may be suggessting that clicking the expired link gave her the chance to register again.
And, also to be fair, if the links are only good for 48 hours and some of the delays on the email are absurdly long (24+ hours, say), then half the link time wastes away waiting for the email.
And regardless, I think it's more fair for people like HNZ folk to register two accounts just to get one than it is for the people registering tonnes and selling them off.

I see your point, but from what I've gathered wouldn't a 24 hour + wait time for the validation email be an extreme 'case'? And '(If you do start again [i.e. you haven't validated the account within 48 hours], you won’t be able to gain early access but you will able to register to join Pottermore in October when the site will be open to all.)' doesn't that imply that you shouldn't try and get another account by using another email or what have you? And if the link gave her a chance to register again, doesn't that also suggest that she should use the same email she originally tried to use first time round i.e. don't try again with a different email?

During the first two days, anyone using a yahoo mail account experinced long delays (like 24+ hours). So it is very reasonable to sign up a second account.

Anyways, I got an account! Took me a while to levitate the quill. I couldn't figure it out. Then I did the whole swish and flick, and then realized all I had to do was move my mouse over the ad in circles.

All in all I'm very excited though I think i've got the worst name of all of you so far, Mugwumpice195

I messed up the quoting bit but:

'During the first two days, anyone using a yahoo mail account experinced long delays (like 24+ hours). So it is very reasonable to sign up a second account.'

But the link expires in 48 hours, and 'I found that the link was expired because it has reached the time limit of 4 hours'. (So either the link hadn't expired, or it was a typing error) Even if the email takes up to 24 hours to reach you, you still have time to activate it.. unless of course it takes 48 hours exactly or more..

Regardless of how long things took from what I've read the fact that she didn't register her account means that someone extra will get one the next day, it doesn't mean she has two accounts which looks to be what's upsetting people

Success!! I've finally seen a clue and answered it! Now, I'm just awaiting the email.
Today's clue said:
How many students take part in the Triwizard Tournament during Harry's fourth year?
Multiply this number by 28.

Legit?
Easiest question ever.

Which is hilarious because it also seems the time that the clue appears is more reasonable for Americans as the days go on... :r

Also: What the crap, why does the Pottermore hosting suck so much? Like seriously, just host your website properly and stop this "due to overwhelming demand" poop.
What happens when it opens to the public, or even opens its beta period, and there are thousands (if not hundreds of thousands at the very least, maybe even millions) loading far more resource intensive and each unique page? This isn't going to cut it.
Lily Drage said:
And Canadians :r
An unfortunate side effect, in truth. ;)

I agree. But if you know the answer you can bypass the page by going to the special page and just adding the number to the end of it. I think Mike gave the link to the page earlier in the thread.

Lily Drage said:
I agree. But if you know the answer you can bypass the page by going to the special page and just adding the number to the end of it. I think Mike gave the link to the page earlier in the thread.
I don't think I did in the end. I tried to, but it wasn't working properly. The link when clicked would add symbols in etc so it didn't work properly.

"Sorry, Day 4 registration is now closed"
Bahaha.
Oh Pottermore. You noob you.

Nicolas King said:
"Sorry, Day 4 registration is now closed"
Bahaha.
Oh Pottermore. You noob you.
Have you signed up yet Nick?

I have an account.
Got it a few days ago... :shifty:

1 second of the clue being up, 13 minutes of not loading, infinite "registration is now closed".
Stay classy, Pottermore.

Nicolas King said:
I have an account.
Got it a few days ago... :shifty:
Cool beans! I feel sad for those that are yet to get an account :x

We should register a communal HNZ account with admin@mail.hogwartsnewzealand.com or something.
Let everybody in on the sneak peaks. :r

Nicolas King said:
We should register a communal HNZ account with admin@mail.hogwartsnewzealand.com or something.
Let everybody in on the sneak peaks. :r
That'd be awesome!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back