Pottermore

The answers range from 2-3, but I meant more for finding the one. I don't feel like there's enough questions for the most accurate patronus for myself. I don't want to be doing the test and get a different answer every time, it's less personal to me that way, you know? :p
So as much as I love quizzes, this Patronus one I don't consider to be as reliable as some of the others. (Even though the others aren't super reliable in themselves, as I've been sorted into every house bar Gryffindor so far, and my Pottermore wand wood changes in every test solely regarding the shade of blue I submit for my eye colour xD )

Esme Lancaster said:
The answers range from 2-3, but I meant more for finding the one. I don't feel like there's enough questions for the most accurate patronus for myself. I don't want to be doing the test and get a different answer every time, it's less personal to me that way, you know? :p
I think that has less to do with the number of questions and more to do with the seemingly arbitrary coding/points/whatever method they use to determine a patronus in this test. :p
I think they specified to only take the test once because they didn't want people to realize that taking it again with the same answers could lead to different results. :p

I got a Tonkinese cat and was like NO HOW VERY DARE THEY I AM NO CAT.
But then I looked up their personality traits and was like actually, yes this is okay.

If one thing has come from this quiz, it's how many cat and dog breeds I never even knew existed until now xD
I had to google a borzoi because I had absolutely no idea what it was

i knew all the dogs and cats but that's because I love animals! My fiancé got an okami I think it is. Had no idea what that was. XD

I was a basset hound haha not sure how I feel about that? IIRC, dog patronus were common among ministry employees, and Ron had a terrier. They're supposed to represent people who strongly value loyalty, and I really don't think it fits me at all.

Maybe a cat, because if you annoy me I'm likely to shred your arm to ribbons, or maybe a bear that hibernates for months at a time...

Eddie Redmayne (Newt Scamander) took the patronus quiz twice and got the same answer both times apparently which is pretty interesting ^_^

Madeline Walden said:
Eddie Redmayne (Newt Scamander) took the patronus quiz twice and got the same answer both times apparently which is pretty interesting ^_^
Do you know what he got?

I really hope he got a newt. Just saying.

Professor Wren Louise said:
Madeline Walden said:
Do you know what he got?
A basset hound.

My patronus gives me actual rage. I have a not so secret and very serious fear of birds so of course I get a very scary looking bird. An Osprey. (Good thing though [As Anna pointed out] there is a hiking gear brand named Osprey.)

I figured this was as good a topic as any to post this.
https://samkriss.com/2016/09/13/jk-rowling-and-the-cauldron-of-discourse/
In 2007, Rowling was widely celebrated for announcing that her character Dumbledore was gay, despite the fact that there’s nothing to suggest this in the text itself[note]This one I might not agree with him on. You could conceivably read that into the text. There were hints you could work with. The point really is, though, it's not in the text - and so reader-response theory applies. JKR doesn't care. She thinks she is the text.[note], where she had an opportunity to actually advocate for queer issues; this year, when she told her fans that their personal theories were all incorrect and another character, Sirius Black, was not gay, they were outraged. We grew up with these characters, they insisted, we decide how to read them. JK Rowling is over, they declared, as if she hadn’t already been dead since Barthes. (Or longer: there’s a reason every testament is final, why God never actively intervenes in the world once His holy book is set down, why the medieval Kabbalists had to invent reader-response theory and the Catholic Church headcanons.) What’s clear is that absolutely nobody involved has ever read a word of Derrida.

There are many definitions of deconstruction, none of them particularly good, but you could do worse than to describe it as a mode of reading that refuses to forget the textuality of the text, the fact that it’s a series of marks on a material substrate that were written and which can be read, copied, misunderstood, ignored, or destroyed, that before it conjures up a private universe it exists as a shared object in this one. As a sop to her LGBT+ critics, Rowling shortly afterwards revealed that in her books lycanthropy is actually a metaphor for AIDS. Her position on all this is clear: she came up with these stories, she owns them, and long after they’ve slipped into the wider discourse they still remain essentially hers, essentially private. On Twitter, her header image was briefly two lines of text reading ‘I know what Dumbledore would do. Deal with it.’ The true text of Harry Potter is not on the printed page, but between her ears, to be altered whenever she wants; in her Platonist cosmology fictional events have a shining reality that is all their own, which emanates from out her mouth. She’s following the fandom-headcanon model of literary theory, but here hers is the largest, most bloated head, and the only one that counts. It’s impossible to read this denial of the text anything other than an abrogation of her rights and duties as an author. Sometimes dedicated fans whip themselves up into such a frenzy over their favourite culture-commodities that they act as if the stories were real, centring themselves in a private world that does not belong to them, and JK Rowling does the exact same thing. As soon as she moves to keep hold of her creation, it gains a terrifying, spectral autonomy. JK Rowling is not the author of the Harry Potter books; she is their biggest fan.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT ALL MY HNZ RANTS ABOUT ROWLING HAVE ALWAYS SAID.
So beautiful.
I could cry.
I still might.

I only did the Patronus quiz recently and I got a cat, though I can't remember for the life of me what type of cat.

I think the sorting quiz on the new Pottermore site must be broken somehow.
I made my girlfriend take it last night and she got Gryffindor. Which she absolutely is not. Ever. Wow. So sad.

I'm not sure when Pottermore became Wizarding World (fill me in!) but has anyone taken the new sorting hat quiz?

I haven't, only read an article but I'm not feeling the idea that you can take the quiz multiple times. xD

I just had a look at the new website and its not really all that great D: The navigation isn't any better than it was
The Sorting Hat isn't ready as far as I can tell either. I wish they'd do one thing and stick with it. I'd seen a promo for the new hat (which is just like a bunch of strips of cloth in a hat shape? Like I get it's old but come on) but that's all I've heard.

Oh apparently its an app now and the website quiz just doesn't work :lol:
I installed the app and took the new quiz, which, and this may come as a shock, is exactly the same as the last quiz, but with some more origami graphics. I then uninstalled it :p

Yeah the quiz is the same its just new graphics and does some stuff with your camera (puts the sorting hat on your quiz). Thankfully I got Hufflepuff otherwise I'd have rioted but the app itself is very underwhelming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back