Perthro Manor

Athene smiled at Bella, and stopped at a door. "Heres my room," she said. There was no door handle, but instead a small needle protruding from where the handle would usually be. Athene grinned at Bellatrix as she pricked her finger on the needle. The door opened inwards, to show a huge bedroom, with two four poster beds.

DeMenil_Mansion___Kids_Room_by_ellysdoghouse.jpg

((Only bigger and with two beds))

"It only opens to my blood," said Athene as she stepped inside. "Clever, huh? My Uncle made it for me, and Father got him to do some for the rest of the house while he was over during the year. Oh, Mother added an extra bed for you in here, but your more than welcome to sleep in a guest room. It's up to you."
<i></i>

"Wow....I need one of those...." she stated examining the needle. "Brilliant..." She then began to look around the room, tracing every nook she came to the conclusion that she liked Athene's taste and personality. "I will sleep in here....like a real sleepover..." she said almost too excitedly, quickly getting ahold of her emotions.

"You can ask Uncle Thanatos to make you one, if you like," Athene replied, shutting the door behind them. There was a handle on the this side. "He's going to send an owl when he's ready for us to go there. The Leaky Cauldron isn't much of a mansion, but the company is better. I'm really looking forwad to seeing him... but for some reason he cancelled his plans to have me over all holidays" She frowned, but then smiled a little shyly. "And thats what I thought... we can stay up late and everything. I've never had a friend... over before." She nearly told Bellatrix that she'd never had a friend before, but stopped herself. She didn't want to sound like she'd had a bad childhood, or that she was so pathetic that Bellatrix was her only friend. Which she was, but she didn't really need to know that. Athene stepped inside quickly. She was still adjusting to have a 'friend'. She hadn't had one since Artemis had died.

She sat down on her bed with a grin, and nodded at the huge oak bookcase. "My book case has heaps of books, but none on the Dark Arts. They're all in my Father's library. Pip should be bringing your stuff up soon."
<i></i>

"Its nice....I never grew up around other contact with children....so I never developed any 'people skills.'" she said softly then looking at the bookshelf and pulling random books out. "Interesting....hmmm none about the Dark Arts though.... and guessing by your father, you can't sneak in and get any.....but we can always buy some..."

Athene laughed. "I used to be able to get into Father's library, until Uncle invented the needles. Now it's impossible. I read most of the books when I was younger, but it would be nice to look over them again." She nodded when Bella mentioned buying them. "I saw a book in a shop in Diagon Alley that I wanted, and asked Uncle Thanatos to get it for me. I hope he did. They wouldn't sell to students without a note." And she pouted."
<i></i>

"Hmph, like that would have stopped them! It was the shop Miss Perfect Drage works at. You know, the Ravenclaw Prefect?" Athene rolled her eyes. "God, I hate her. She thinks she's all that, and acts like she thinks she knows me. I hate people like her."
<i></i>

"Oh....I also have similar feelings towards that girl." she said rather coldly. "But it does make one curious why she would work at a shop like that, when she feels so compelled to 'prevent' the Dark Arts...."

It's just a normal book shop... nearly all Wizarding Book Stores have books on the Dark Arts," said Athene with a shrug. "I doubt she'd understand any of them if she read them, anyway. Much too complex for her narrow mind."<i></i>

"Very true....she could be great for the right cause, but she cannot see past her want and trust in filthy muggles and certain Professors...."

Pip appeared in the room with a loud 'pop', with all of Bellatrix's things hovering above him. "Mistress Perthro, I have brought you your guests belongings. Where would you have me put them?"

Unlike most house elves, Pip spoke in full sentences. He had been in the house for years upon years. Loki, the former master of the house, had hated the annoying third person way that House Elves spoke, and had done something about it. Pip still shuddered at the sight of a wand.

"Pip," Athene addressed the house elf. "This is Bellatrix Green. You will serve her as though she were a Perthro. Understood? She is your master just as much as I am. If she calls, you must go to her. If she asks for something, you must deliver."

"Whatever you say, Mistress Perthro. Mistress Green, I am your humble servant." Pip bowed her low, and as he did, Bellatrix's things settled on the ground next to the spare bed. "Is there anything else I can get you?"

"No, you may leave now." Athene turned away from the House Elf and back to Bellatrix. "We should probbaly get ready for dinner. We're expected there on time. Do you have anything nice to wear?"
<i></i>

Pip bowed again and vanished with a 'pop'.

"Filthy creature...." she mumbled. "But seems to be well trained. Oh and...well I have dress robes, but that is about it..."

"He is... Dress robes are fine! I have to warn you, it's probably best if you talk to my father as little as possible at dinner... or at any time, really. Only speak when spoken too. My mothers alright though. I can't wait to see who the guest is. Father doesn't normally have guests outside the family, and i'm sure he would have told me who it is if it was a family member." Athene paused. "Sorry, am I talking too much? How have you been?"

"Understood, my father was sort of the same way....but we never talked....nothing but instructions that is, he never yelled....he never did anything.....just taught me what to do correctly...." Bellatrix said a little awkwardly. "And your fine, I find this all very interesting. And I have been....well.....okay....I am always okay....never good....but never terrible...just..here..."

Athene smiled sadly, remembering that Bella had once told her that her parents were dead. They had had that conversation the same night they had been caught spilling blood - their own blood - in Hogwarts New Zealand's Great Hall. It had also been the night that Athene had invited Bella to stay with her over the holidays. All in all, a very eventful twelve hours.

"It's good that you've been okay," she said slowly, not sure what to say. "Hopefully you'll be even happier here."

Athene walked over to her wardrobe, and took out her favorite long black dress robes. A velvet green snake was seemingly sewn on to an area near the bottom, but as Athene held them up, the snake blinked and uncoiled itself. The snake pattern slithered once around the botton of the robes, before settling again.

"Father doesn't like these robes, he says the snake is too distracting. Even though he charmed it on there," said Athene bitterly, "but he probably won't notice, so I'll wear it anyway." She placed it on her bed.
<i></i>

"It seems that being with someone who is so...truthful and common with me, may help..." she said softly. Then watching Athene take out the beautiful dress robes, and enchanted by the snake. "Thats beautiful...." she murmured then turning and placing her bag on the extra bed. She fished trough finding her long silk black dress robes. Plain but elegant. She had gotten them as a present when she was younger, and slowly kept them up, loving the look, and the meaning behind them. She then without any shame in her pale skeletal body, let her traveling robes slowly shed off. As if she were a snake growing a new skin, she then slid in as elegantly into the silk dress robes. The black material laid against her pale bony skin, revealing the almost deathly skinniness of her ribs and jutting out bones. She never looked healthy and these dark robes against the milky white skin and long dark hair made her look almost worse. She then turned and waited for Athene looking at her with a sheepish smile.

Athene clapped her hands together when she saw Bellatrix in her dress robes. "Wow, you look really nice! Where did you get those robes from?" Despite Bella being really thin and pale, the robes were very flattering. The black against her black hair gave her an eerie, but pretty gothic appearance that Athene, also being pale skinned with black hair, could never achieve.
<i></i>

Athene smiled as she slipped her current robes off over her head. Beneath them she wore a casual white t-shirt and green, Muggle boxers. She flushed a little, hoping Bellatrix wouldn't point them out.

She slipped into the dress robes, the snake now fast asleep, soundlessly. Artemis, Athene's real pet snake, hissed at it from from where she was lying in the windowsill.

She took a couple of green ribbons from her dresser, and began plaiting them into her hair. She braided two ponytails, one on either side of her head, just as she usually wore her hair.

"What shoes are you going to wear?" she asked Bellatrix with a smile. Athene had plenty of shoes, and would offer Bellatrix a pair if she had nothing suitable.
<i></i>

Bellatrix suppressed a giggle at Athene's undergarment attire. But when her friend had soon fitted into her dress robes she looked magnificent. "You look wonderful..." Bellatrix said, not used to such 'girl' talk. She then was intrigued as Athene wound ribbons into her hair, for she herself had never used anything that feminine, nor really seen anyone use it. "Wow...so feminine...I would have never guessed..." she said trying to compliment her. She then took out of her bag a long pair of black leather heeled boots. "These...." she said softly.

Athene Perthro said:

"Hmph, like that would have stopped them! It was the shop Miss Perfect Drage works at. You know, the Ravenclaw Prefect?" Athene rolled her eyes. "God, I hate her. She thinks she's all that, and acts like she thinks she knows me. I hate people like her."
<i></i>
(( =)) Sorry, had to comment. I love my narrow mind too. :lol: ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back