Perthro Manor

Athene Perthro

Mansion_by_youknowhowido.jpg

((I need to find a new image. It's meant to be surrounded by bush.))

The Perthro Manor stood sheltered from the Muggle eye in the Hakaramata Hills of the Waikato. It was a huge estate, surrounded by lush bush and forest, and a giant waterfall to it's right.

Athene had sent letter to Bellatrix last night, asking her when she would be arriving. She was anxious to have someone to talk too - She had spent the last few weeks of the Holidays in lonely silence, hardly even talking to her parents. Bella had replied earlier that day, to say that she could get there that evening. It was now 5:59, and Athene was, despite herself, excited. She sat on the stairs in the Entrance Hall, waiting.

Marble_Stairway_by_dogmadic.jpg

Other rooms in the Perthro Mansion (For future referance)

The Dining Room
The Dungeons
Athene's Bedroom

<i></i>

Bellatrix slowly and cautiously walked up the manor, carrying the few things she had she stepped up to the massive oak door and nocked.

Athene heard the knock at the door, and jumped up quickly. It must be Bellatrix! She hopped from foot to foot, waiting for her mother to come and open the door.
<i></i>

Patricia Perthro was surprisingly young, and looked the older version of Athene, even down to the oddly colored eyes- one green and one blue.

"Athene!" Patricia snapped at her over-excited daughter. Although she was happy to see the first smile that had appeared on her daughters face all holidays, it gave her no excuse to act indecent.

She approached the ornate door, and with a swish of her wand the opened it with a click and a creak. She stood back, to let Bellatrix in, and greeted her with a smile.

"You must be Bellatrix Green. Welcome to our humble home. Please, leave your luggage just there and one of our house elves will take it up to Athene's room."
<i></i>

"Thank you." Bellatrix said smiling at Athene's moterh and leaving her bags by the door. "What a lovely home, it has been a long time since I have been in a 'famiy' house of such great stature...." she said complimenting that this reminded her of her own house, and being in the company of pure bloods was pleasing.

Athene bit her lip and sat back down on the steps. When her mother opened the door, however, Athene jumped back up and grinned. She knew better than to run up to Bellatrix and hug her in front of her mother, which she was very tempted to do (She had been very lonely during the holidays. And a little depressed,) and so tried to stand straight and appear formal.
<i></i>

Patricia smiled, and gave Athene an aproving look, although she had expected nothing less from a friend of her daughters. She looked back at Bellatrix warmly.
"Why thank you, Miss Green. It's been in our family for generations. I'm Patricia Perthro, Athene's mother." She stood back and motioned to Athene. "And this is my daughter, Athene, who you've already met. I'm afraid my husbands busy at the moment, but I'm sure you'll meet him at dinner. But dear me! I have you still standing on the doorstep. Please, come inside!"

Bellatrix's usually cold eyes were supringly bright today. She traced her eyes over and found Athene and actually smiled, her demonic little grin. "Its good to see you..." She then looked back at Mrs. Perthro. "Thank you so much, it is a pleasure to meet you, and like I said, to be in a proper magical home. And I am delighted to meet Athene's father when the time comes. To meet both of her parents is a great thing, for you have a perfect child and a good friend..."

Athene couldn't help but grin, and running up to Bellatrix. "You have no idea how bored I've been!" She exclaimed, ignoring her mothers disapproving look at her friendly behavior. She wouldn't mention in front of her mother the relief she felt to have someone to talk too and escape with, or how depressed she had been, forced alone with Leonardo, her cold and abusive father. She gave Bella a tentative hug, and then stepped back shyly. She hadn't hugged anyone in years.
<i></i>

"I'll leave you girls too it, then?" Patricia said, somewhat stiffly. And with another friendly smile at Bellatrix, she dissapeared through one of the side doors.
<i></i>

Athene cringed. "I'm sorry... I rather surprised myself, too. Would you rather I didn't? Only, I've been aweful lonely..." she trailed off, not knowing what to say.
<i></i>

"No...its just...I haven't been hugged for so long....I was just taken aback...its okay....I am sorry you were lonely. I was with a muggle so I think anything would be better than that..."

Athene grinned, and then a horrified look came over her face. "Thats disgusting! You must be traumatized! You'll feel much better here." Athene looked at the stairs. "Do you want to come up to my room? Dinner isn't till seven."
<i></i>

At that moment, Leonardo Perthro appeared at the top of the stairs, his blue eyes glaring down at Athene and her friend. He held himself in a confident manner, straight backed and head high. He had an almost boyish face, or it would have appeared so, if it hadn't been so cold and dark in expression.

"Who is this, Athene?" His eyes bored into the other girl, looking her up and down. he did not smile.
<i></i>

Athene gulped and diverted her eyes away from her father. She stared hard at her shoes.
<i></i>

"I am Bellatrix Green, pure blood, I take it you are Leonardo Perthro." she said strongly showing to turn of backing down from this man.

Athene let out a sigh of relief at Bellatrix's confident response, but didn't stop worrying yet.
<i></i>

Leonardo looked at the girl, Green, through cold eyes for a good minute before giving her a curt nod. He waved his hand casually, as though he really couldn't care less, and turned away. He'd be seeing her again at dinnertime. He would save his judgment for then.
"Athene," he said sharply, suddenly. "We might be having a guest for dinner. I want you dressed apropratly. You and your friend." And with that he left the landing through a side door, shutting it with the click of a lock.
<i></i>

Athene smiled again once her Father was gone. She was used to his strictness and disproving looks, and knew that it was best just to stay silent around him. It avoided her getting a beating, anyway.

"Should we go then?" She asked Bella with a grin, and began to start up the stairs, headed towards Athene's bedroom.
<i></i>

"Father doesn't like anyone," said Athene, rolling her eyes as they reached the landing. She looked cautiously at the door he had gone through and lowered her voice before continuing. "It's probably best if you avoid talking to him." She then brightened up and added, "I wonder who the guest is! I mean, asides from you, of course. But, father won't view you as a guest, because your my guest and not his, and this is his house and not mine... don't take offense."
<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back