People Turn Into Friends

Adam Bomonti

OOC First Name
Tim
Adam Bomonti was finally settling in. New Zealand was his home again and he didn't have to worry about death anymore. His grandfather was gone. It would of course stay in his heart forever, but it wasn't going to slow him down. His grandfather was the one who made him the man he was today. His grandfather would have wanted him to press on and not grieve over his death, but simply make himself stronger. The truth was, Adam was pretty lost. He in a sense had only his job and family. He had maybe one friend. His wife left him as well. His world nearly fell apart. However, the last words he ever heard from his grandfather basically changed his life. Pretty much saved Adam from going dark. It was great. Now he needed to start over. Needed to find someone else.

Adam was simply walking down a street in New Zealand. He lately has been taking walks to clear his thoughts and possibly meet someone. His chances of meeting someone tonight would be rare. It was getting dark and most were going inside their homes were protection was there.

it was rare for elvera to be out in the evening. however today she had had a sudden urge to go to a particualr street near the coast to get some fresh air. once she had helped shut the shop she apperated to the place she wanted to be and started walking along the road. it was getting dark and she looked around to see if there was anyone near by. working in the shop you would have thought that one would talk to a lot of people but it was pretty quiet now that the school holidays were over. and since her sister had left for school the place felt empty. which was a surprise since she hardly knew Lilith before the summer and had no idea that she had a sister and a twin until a little over a month ago.
anyway. she saw someone walking along the street in the same direction as her and and hurried to catch up with him. her wand was in her hand incase he wasn't nice, but deep in hr pocket incase he was a muggle. "hello there, do you mind if i join you" she called as she got within earshot. hoping that he didn't think her crazy or anything

His mind was partially clear. Nothing was really irking him. The silent winter blew a cold breeze through his hair. He needed a haircut, however he was sporting a new style. He was a new person. A better person. These walks were the things keeping him sane. Without them he wasn't sure if he could keep his grandfather's word. As well as his father's. He knew it was imminent he needed to do so though. He loved his family. He loved his job. Everyone outside of that seemed to hurt him though. He didn't really know what to do anymore.

Someone had presently called out to him. He grasped his wand and twirled around with it drawn. Seeing as it was simply a girl asking if she could join him, he made a horrible mistake. She could have easily been a muggle. He quickly made an effort to hide his wand trying to play it cool. "Hello there. I would like that very much. Sorry if it looked like I was about to attack you. Wasn't really expecting anyone out here. The name's Adam. Adam Bomonti." He said with a warm smile.

elvera jumped as Adam turned around with his wand drawn. she quickly pulled hers out too. she was a poor fighter but she should be able to to cast a shield and apperate somewhere safe. however she saw him put his wand away and se did the same. "sorry to startle you, but i am glad that i'm not the only one a little on edge" she said. regretting drawing her wand. she wasn't usually this edgy but the events around her twins wedding, or not quite wedding had put her on edge a little. she offered her hand to shake. "Nice to meet you Adam, I'm Elvera, Elvera Le Fey. are you going anywhere in particular, or would you like to join me in grabbing some supper. there is a muggle cafe just around the corner there and it does some pretty nice food" she said smiling back at him. she tried to focus on him to see if she could gather any clues as to what he was like but the only thing she got was that he was going to attach her, which was good, but not a useful as it could be.

"Certainly." Adam said with a slight bow. He didn't have much class, and what little class he did was for fun. He often did little things, just to spice up the mood. Indeed it was merely his first time meeting her, he wasn't all that shy around people, nor girls for that matter. It was nice to actually meet someone along these streets for company. "I would love to Miss Le Fey." He said with a wink and a smile. Adam had been on edge this whole night. For what reason he knew not. "I'm again, terribly sorry for pulling my wand out at you, it was foolish of me to act so quickly." He repeated. He paused in his speech for a moment then continued, "I'm kind of part of a certain group in the Ministry trained to do so." he continued. He wasn't supposed to come out and yell to the world he was an Auror, he had to make sure she wasn't a death eater.
"So Elvera, what do you do for work? Or do you have a boyfriend or husband for that?" He said with a slight chuckle and grin.

Elvera Laughed at his mock formality. he seemed nice, and she had glad that she had followed her vision and come to this street this evening. "Don't worry about the wand, you can never be too cautious" she said mentally adding, especially when my sisters family is around. It wasn't that she disliked the Koshiba, in fact she quite liked Hoshi and had nothing against Tohoru, but she knew that the family did meddle with parts of magic that shouldn't be meddled with. "I work in a shop with my mother, its called the inner eye and it is in Makatu mall" she said smiling. she had worked there i the holidays since morgan had opened it, but now she was working there properly and co-owned it. "as for boyfriend, no, i'm single, my twin is the girl all of the guys like. How about you?" she said. wondering about this mysterious ministry worker, and who he was. she tried to pick up anything else from him, but he was a closed book not even a whisper of the past or future to play with, just the sense that he was safe. she slowly started towards the cafe at the end of the street. it was rare for her to eat out, usually she and morgan had something at home as funds weren't too good, but she always seemed to meet nice people when she did eat out.

Adam was slightly annoyed that her twin got the guys. He didn't know why, but it just kind of bothered him. She was super pretty, if not drop dead gorgeous. It appalled him that she wasn't married or had a boyfriend. "Oooh. I used to be married. Sorta. I have 2 kids, but I never got custody over them. I apparently wasn't fit for them or something along those lines. It was a horrible month and I just wanted to get out of it. So after the divorce I left New Zealand for a while. I'm just getting back. Sorry, telling you I lost custody over my kids isn't the best way to tell you about me. You probably think I'm a crazed lunatic." He said laughing slightly. He paused for a moment then said, "I'm surprised you don't have a lad with you. You're awfully pretty." He said winking. "I've seen the Inner Eye once or twice. Never actually been inside of it, I'll have to visit you some time." He told her. He debated telling her that he was an Auror and that's why it was made complicated between him and his ex-wife but fought against the idea.

Elvera smiled at the man. she was sort of surprised that he had been married and had two kids. but she guessed that over here it was normal to marry young, and have children quick. As Adam explained his past she had a small vision, a few snapshots of his past, like a poor quality home made movie, thankfully it wasn't a full vision totally taking her senses, interested it was a transparent overlay over her vision. he seemed to be relaxing a little, and this she was happy about. "I bet they are pretty cute kids" she said flirting just a little. "I don't think you are crazy, not at all, we all make mistakes, it proves we are human. I didn't even know who may family was until i was almost 12, as my mother had gone insane shortly after i was born, but she is fine now." she said. she blushed slightly at his compliment thankful for the dim light encasing them. "Maybe just for a while it will be different" she said bowing her head slightly she had never had be boyfriend and usually she just shyed away from any situation that would result in anything like that, either hiding in her books, or busying herself with her work. tonight something was different, she had purposefully gone to this road tonight, and she felt a little bolder, she had been the one to strike the conversation when she could have walked onto the opposite direction.

"They were when I saw them last, but I don't get to really see them. It's totally alright though." He said. He was quite amazed she wasn't in any relationship and took the chance to build on one with her. Perhaps they could become more than just friends. "I'm glad you don't think I'm crazy." He said with a slight chuckle and a smile. "I'm terribly sorry about that ruination of your childhood. I'm terribly sorry as well about your mother's sanity. I'm glad she's back to being fine." He said giving a warm smile, lighting the mood. He was troubled at how she answered. He could tell having a sister that had them all was harder. "Life will take its course and you'll find someone, just as I hope myself does. Your sister may have a lot of guys, but who wants many when you can have one great guy! Which I'm sure you'll find. I mean, with your personality so far, and looks, it won't be hard at all." He told her.

"This must be the place you were talking about?" He asked.

"thats a shame, you don't get to see them, and they have to grow up without their dad" she said. they continued along the street and were almost at the corner where the wide pretty street became a narrow alley as they passed from the magic to muggle world. "theres no need to be sorry, what is done is done, and i am sure everything is how it was meant to be. My childhood was good to me, and it just kept getting better and better" she said. feeling comfortable around Adam despite the cold. "I'm sure that you will find someone too. someone who you deserve, and someone who deserves you" she said. as they made their way along the muggle street that they had turned into and she realised that Adam had mentioned her looks again. she had never seen herself as particularly good looking, she knew that she had some good features, like her eyes one green one purple, and she couldn't think of any bad features but she hadn't conected the two to being pretty. she smiled to herself as she realised that she may have a chance. thankfully they had reached the cafe she didn't need to come up with a reply. "yes this is the cafe i meant. it does good fish and chips, and the pizza isn't bad either" she said she had been known to come here from time to time and she enjoyed the atmosphere of the place busy and a little chaotic at times, not cool and relaxed, with a little unease sprinkled in like many wizarding places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back