Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Delaney)
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Yew Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Diana was pretty up to date on the news around Hogwarts, so it didn't escape her notice that Alice had been seen with a boy a lot lately. She had gone to the dance with him, and now every time she looked over at the Hufflepuff table the boy seemed to be hanging around. Diana knew who he was, Elliot Briar was the leader of the Wild Patch club and member of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. But she didn't know if he was good enough for Alice, especially because he seemed pretty... nerdy. Not that Alice wasn't, but that didn't mean she had to settle. Especially not for a younger boy. Truthfully, what worried Diana most was how much this other kid had hurt her last year. That had been bad enough, but if this Elliot guy also hurt her next year Diana wouldn't be around to be there for Alice. She was going to be on her own next year. So while Diana still could, she figured it was time to talk to the Hufflepuff. She spotted him in the library, and silently took a seat across from him at his table. She took her time looking him over, her gaze moving over the books and parchment spread around him before settling on his face. She waited for him to speak, her expression neutral.

With OWLs officially right around the corner, Elliot was doing his best not to panic. He constantly felt like he was running out of time, even his study sessions had moved on from relaxing, methodical revision to some sort of frantic scramble to get everything from the last five years jammed into his brain at once. The only thing keeping him from completely losing it right now was spending time with Alice. While she definitely made him just as nervous in her own unique way, it was more exhilarating, and when she was around Elliot could almost forget he had an entire semester worth of charms to practice before class on Monday.

But Elliot couldn't spend all his time around Alice if he actually wanted to pass his OWLs and had sequestered himself away in the library in the hopes of not getting too distracted as he reviewed potions ingredients. He was trying to remember how many potions used scurvy-grass when someone sat across from him. Elliot briefly glanced up to check he wasn't taking up the entire table with his notes, assuming someone else just needed a spot to read, before having to double take when he recognized who it was. Diana Holland was sitting with him. Correction, Diana Holland was staring at him. Elliot checked his books again, sure he wasn't being rude or out of line somehow by sitting here, before glancing around the table and back to Diana. Had he taken a reserved table or something for NEWT students? But no, it seemed decidedly like Diana was waiting for him to do something, and it was making Elliot sweat. "Uh.. Hi, Diana?" He started, slowly setting his quill aside under Diana's neutral and unwavering expression.

Part of what Diana was doing was simply testing Elliot. She was curious to see how he'd react to her sitting there, and had to force down her smirk at the clear unease on his face. Diana propped her chin up on her hand and kept watching him, smiling slightly as he greeted her. "Hello." She said, her gaze unwavering. "I hope I'm not disturbing you? I just wanted a chat." She leaned back in her chair, folding her hands on the table in front of her. "If you have a moment, of course." She said, widening her eyes innocently, though her tone implied it wasn't much of a choice. Diana knew she could be intimidating, and she was hoping to use it to her advantage now. If Elliot couldn't stand up to her a bit, he clearly wasn't good enough for Alice. She needed someone with a bit of backbone, someone who could protect her if needed. It wasn't that Alice was weak, but she could occasionally act like she was. Diana needed to know she had someone looking out for her.

Elliot couldn't help but fidget under Diana's even gaze, not quite able to maintain eye contact with her for more than a few moments. "Oh uhm- Yeah okay. What's up," He said, wincing as his voice pitched higher than he'd meant to. He had no idea why Diana was here, or what she wanted to talk to him about. Fervently, Elliot hoped it was something about the Wild Patch, though he had no idea why Diana would need to talk to him about that, or why she wouldn't ask William instead, being the same house. A twisted, worried part of him was sure this was about Alice and Elliot had somehow already messed that up. Diana definitely struck him at the type who'd make someone squirm before jinxing them into oblivion for upsetting her little sister. As he waited for Diana to speak again, Elliot tried to run through his last few interacts with Alice, looking for anything he might have done wrong to warrant retaliation.

Diana didn't bother hiding how much the conversation was already amusing her, though she also tried to keep at least a somewhat innocent expression on her face. She tapped her nails on the table, thinking for a moment and letting Elliot sit in another moment of suspense before revealing why she was here. "You and my sister." She told him. "I saw you two together at the dance, are you dating?" She asked him, meeting his gaze as she asked him the direct question. "And if not, do you think you will?" She asked him. "What are your intentions with her?"

Elliot remained very still when Diana mentioned he and Alice, feeling the back of his neck sweat at the maintained eye contact. He wished he wasn't so scared of her, it seemed unlike she'd really hurt him, at least not without him doing something to Alice first, but he couldn't shake the feeling she'd have no qualms jinxing him into oblivion if he said the wrong thing. "We're um-," Elliot started, realizing he didn't actually have an answer for Diana. Did he want to date Alice, definitely. Did he think he had the guts to ask her out in any capacity? That was another question. He definitely wanted to. And he had been enjoying this warm, in between step the two of them found themselves in. It was low pressure, though Elliot could admit he wanted more. "I think this should be uh. Something I talk to Alice about?" He said, wishing it hadn't come out more as question. "But I um. I do like your sister. Quite a lot. I think," He mumbled. "I- I don't want to mess it up," He added, glancing hesitantly at Diana's face. He knew Alice's family was important to her, and he was pretty sure this was a test of some kind. Elliot hoped he wasn't messing it up. The last thing he wanted was to be on Diana's bad side.

Diana's smile grew a little ass he spotted how uneasy the boy was. Good. It was nice to know she could still intimidate someone. Though it also occurred to her that he might just feel awkward talking about the subject with Alice's sister. Too bad for him, she wasn't going to let it go. "Oh, I will talk to Alice about it." She said lightly. "I just haven't made up my mind about you yet. I don't know how strongly I should discourage her." She said with a smile as she looked at the younger boy. "It's good that you're so worried about messing up. Alice deserves someone good." She said, her tone a bit more serious now. "Someone who can look after her." She added, eyeing him up and down with a doubtful expression, as if unsure if he was up for that task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back