out for a walk

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda felt as if she hadn't had five minutes to herself in ages. Which she thought wasn't a bad thing really, the less time alone the less time to brood.
She walked around the gardens admiring the flowers and well mowed lawn, she didn't envy the groundskeeper his job but figured there was obviously a magical way of keeping the gardens looking so beautiful.

Andromeda smiled, her father would have loved it here. She felt as if she hadn't thought about him in a while which she felt guilty about but then rationalised that in truth she thought about him all the time. In all the little things she did throughout each day. True her life was so hectic and getting to know all these wonderful people that she had met here too alot of her time, she touched the pendant around her neck. But, he was never very far from her thoughts.

She continued walking and began humming an old Irish song that her grandmother
used to sing to her, without realising it she began singing it. She knew her voice held the same haunting tone as her grandmother but didn't realise how eerie she sounded in her lonesome reverie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWHo7syTQOo

Harriet wandered aimlsly around the gardens looking at all the exotic plants and flowers and generally just walking randomly around. She was just about to leave when she spotted Andy "Hai Andy!" she said "Mind if I join you?" she added over Andys singing, she had a nice voice but Harriet didn't recognise the song she was singing.

"Oh I'm fine thanks you? The gardens are beautiful arent thet?" she said she noticed that Andy was blushing "where did you learn to sing like that? Your really good!" she said Andy had no need to be embaressed Harriet loved singing she only wished that she was good!

"My grandmother. It's an Irish tradition we have people we called a Seanchai, a story teller. Some speak their stories and others sing them. Kind of like the bards from long ago. My grandmother is of the singing variety. My voice is ok but she's trained me in her style so it will never do for pop or rock or anything", Andy smiled, "I mean I'm ok now but if I was to keep at it I'm sure I'd get better. I was in my old school choir as well."
She continued walking alongside Harri around the gardens, "I bet your fine at singing just being modest".

Harriet listened intently as Andy told her about her grandmother "Wow that sounds magical! I don't think it matters not singing pop, your styles really original and I think it's great! Anyone can sing pop or rock but how many people can sing like you?!" she said after she had finished speaking "Whats it like living in Irealand?" she asked, she knew she had some Irish roots and was intrigued to know more. "Oh I was in the choir aswell for a little while but I'm not sure they were too happy about that! I was never blessed with a good voice and I wish I was just being modest!" she exclaimed.

Andy smiled and looked at Harri, "I love living in Ireland. Ok so it rains alot which just means our grass is really green. The people are friendly and funny, there's always a warmth about the place because of the people you know? It's hard to describe and I'm not doing a very good job. My fathers family are Italian, so we spent some summers there", she smiled kicking a stone ahead of her on the path, "That's wonderful as well. But there's no place like home! where do you come from Harri?"

Harri laughed as Andy talked about Irealand she obviously loved living there, "Wow it sounds amazing!" she said as Andy spoke about green grass and friednly people, "I'm from London so basically it's stuffy buisness men, people constantly looking down there nose at you but great shopping!" she said laughing london sounded terrible compared to Irealand "I think Ireland wins hands down!" Harri added.

Andy laughed but smiling at Harri said to her, "yeah but Ireland has big busy cities too, nothing on the scale of London but big and noisey for sure. I prefer the peace of the countryside I guess".
She shrugged and walked on another bit, "did you have many friends back home, like from your last school?"

"Yeah loads, I miss them all so much." she said and fiddled with her hair "Don't get me wrong I love it here I really do!" Her face rose into a smile again "But it's just hard parting with people I've known since I was four!" she said smiling but feeling like she was going to cry. She cleared her throat and said "How about you?" she asked. She wondered why noone ever talked about old friends.

Andy shrugged her shoulders and groaned.
"I didn't have any friends at my last school. I was a prime target for the school bullies and as a result no-one wanted to hang around with me", Andy said it so matter of factly it was almost as if it didn't matter.

Which really wasn't true at all. She had cried herself to sleep many nights as a consequence. If it hadn't been for her parents and her family, she might have slowly gone mad from loneliness.

"My parents complained loads of times about it but nothing was ever done. I always had a funny way of knowing something was going to happen before it did. You know like this girl Ellise got up to go to the blackboard, and I put my hand out to stop her from falling. I just had this feeling that she would but she maintained afterwards that I had pushed her."

Andy sighed. She was truly glad to be away from her old school. She turned to Harri smiling.
"Here I'm not different, here I'm the same as everyone else. I'm sorry you miss you're friends though".

"Omg Andy I can't believe it!" Harri said and hugged her, bullies were cowards and how anyone could pick on Andy was new to her. "If I ever see those idiots I'll well I don't know!" Harri said starting off angry then laughing "Well I will have to learn some curses first but when I do!"Harri tried to laugh but was furious, she hated bullies more then anything. "Your school should have taken it more seriously" Harri added. "And that Ellise girl she was just as bad as the rest of them, don't worry they were all just jealous cause you are soo much cooler then them!" Harri said laughing, but she was angry and she felt bad she had had such a good life and never stopped to think that it might hace been different for other people.

Andy laughed, "I didn't have it all bad. My family are wonderful. My dad was the greatest man alive and spoilt me rotten. So the few hours at school didn't always hurt too badly. You learn to rise above it,I guess", She stoped to pick up a flower a tiny daisy on its own.
Absently she began picking the petals off of it;
"he loves me, he loves me not, he loves me..." she turned to Harri, "So do you write to them, keep in contact or anything?"

"Yeah great family always helps!" she said smiling at Andy. It was clear she didn't want to stay on the subject. Harri looked away embaressd "Erm well no.. I keep meaning too I really do but I just... oh I don't know I'm making excuses. I feel really bad not writing to them but I will write to them soon" she said now she was embarressed she had missed her friends so much but writing to them seemed weird, she wasn't sure how they would react to an owl knocking on their windows.
"Oh so who's this 'he'?" She asked watching as Andy pulled petals off of a flower.

Andy coloured slightly, "not sure really, this is just a silly thing I do with petals!" she laughed, she threw away the rest of the flower.
"I send my letters for my muggle family to my mom, she gets them to them no problem for me. I don't know how and I certainly don't ask".

Harri laughed "Your sure!?" she said jokingly "You know you can tell me!" She said. "That sounds like a good idea, I think I'll do that I think they might be a bit suprised if they got an owl!" She said imagining her friends opening the window to an owl

Andy laughed as well, "Yeah I'm sure Harri!"

She walked on and then looked at Harri saying, "you've never just picked up a flower and done that without thinking? My mom says that as soon as I saw her do it one summer while we were having a picnic, I must have been about five. But she says I constantly do it. Now seriously I don't think I've been fancying some guy since I was five".

Andromeda stopped and laughed again.
"Actually that's not true I have a mad fascination for some muggle movie stars.... Steve McQueen, Christian Bale, Bruce Willis and Colin Farrell!"

Andy's expression changed to one of utter bliss and then in true girly fashion she let out a big sigh!

"no never!" Harri said laughing and shaking her head as they walked further into the gardens.
"Muggle movie stars are the best! Especially Channing Tatum!" She said laughing and letting out a sigh to match Andys.

[[ ooc welcome back Harri! lol had to google Channing even though I have Step Up on loan from my sister! lol]]

"Cute definitly" and Andy sighed again before laughing.

It was nice just to stroll about talking about trivial things, the mind seemed freer some how.

"Who else beside Channing then?" she asked turning around and walking backwards so she was facing Harri.

((Thank you :D Haha I love step up! Your characters changed!!!!!! Tell me more))

"Definatly!" She said laughing , this walk was nice nothing to heavy just a light hearted chat between friends, just like she had had in the muggle world.
"Chad micheal Murry!" She said sighing again "Oh my gosh and ZAC EFRON!" She said jumping up and down in the air, she loved Zac Efron. "Your turn!" she said laughing after calming down.

"Zac Efron has really nice eyes actually but you see I'm an old man movie type. None of these really young guys. Now Christian Bale is my definite squeeze long since ancient I know but I'm talking when he was young and did things like the Batman movies or Equilibrium" Andy gave the biggest sigh of her life.

"Actually it sounds so daft but doesn't Professor Keller look a tad like him?" Andromeda asked her.

[[lol I crack me up. yeah thought Andy was more Allyson Hannigan than Lindsey Lohan really]]

"Ohh you like the older men then do you!" Harri said laughing "I'll tell the fourth years to watch out!" she giggled. "Oh my gosh Professor Keller really does I thought it was only me who thought that!" She said laughing.

Andy smacked Harri's arm playfully.
"They are boys, a huge difference" Andy told her, "I said MAN! glad i'm not the only one who thinks so. I am never late for potions as a result and I try really hard in class. It's such a good incentive. I bet you he probably really looks terrible, some old grissily looking guy and just charms himself before every class so the girls at least will do the class work for him!"

Andy laughed at her own theory.

"Owwww!" Harri siad playfully jokingly, "Gosh well I better not introduce you to my dad then!" Harri said jokingly, then she giggled. "You shouldn't just tryr hard cause of that!" Harri said laughing, Andy had seemed really girly when she had said that. "Yeah he''s probably like the ugliest guy alive and he found a fab spell and he's not sharing it with any one!" She said laughing along with Andys theory.

"Oh what do you think he really looks like then?" Andy warmed to their topic now very much, "Do you remember that old actor Jack Nicholson? I bet a cross between him and John Hurt!"

Andromeda giggled uncontrollably then stopped suddenly and said "yyyeewww! oh no I can see why he'd need a spell!" she laughed again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back