Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Greetings! ^_^
As many of you may be away (if you're following HNZ on Twitter especially[/url] that we took on a secret project over the past week for HNZ. Here are a few hints as to what it was:
[ul][li]It has been suggested before</LI>
[li]It's quite awesome
[li]We'll need everybody's help in its development
[li]... did I say it's awesome?[/li][/ul]
Know what it is? No? Well, alright, I'll just tell you then. ;)

The Official HNZ Wiki:
Over the past week Livvy, Linda, Abby and myself have been working on and off on a site wiki. What is a "wiki", you ask?
Let's go to Wikipedia for the answer to this one:
Wikipedia said:
A wiki is a website that uses wiki software, allowing the easy creation and editing of any number of interlinked (often databased) Web pages ...
So the HNZ wiki is just that, it's a new website that uses a software which will allow all members to create and edit pages as they please. What do we plan to use the wiki for? Well, it's still in its very early stages, but here are our ideas so far:
[ul][li]Biography pages for main characters
[li]Little snippets of important HNZ information
[li]"Plot Pages" for the tracking of plots/plot development
[li]Descriptions of locations in the HNZ universe[/li][/ul]

So, as you can see, we really will need your help to get this to work because we don't know about your characters and your plots, but you do! We don't know how to best describe Ollivander's shop, but you might!
Are you interested in helping us through this endeavour? I hope so. ^_^
Here is a link to the HNZ Wiki ( http://wiki.hogwartsnewzealand.com/ )
We have set up a handful of unfinished sample pages for everything we invision the wiki to include.
Character Biographies: [ul][li]Nicolas King
[li]Cecily Rambolt
[li]Isabella Chaos[/li][/ul]
HNZ Information:[ul][li]School History[/li][/ul]
Plot Pages:[ul][li]King/Martine Relationship[/li][/ul]
Location Pages:[ul][li]Hogwarts New Zealand
[li]Brightstone Village
[li]Obsidian Harbour
<LI>[li]Bleak Street[/li][/ul]
Those are just some simple, very basic, starting examples of what we envision the wiki to be. We're still very open to ideas, comments and criticism, even!

Those pages need to be edited and expanded. Are you interested in editing pages to add more information? Just go to that wiki page and click the edit button at the bottom right of the page. If the page has no edit button it just means that you don't have permission to edit that page (for example, the wiki main page can only be edited by wiki admins and moderators).

If you're interested in creating a page, you can just visit the wiki, type in to the Add a new page box the name you want your page to have, then start setting it up! For your convenience we've set up two "templates", so when you go to create your new page you can select an option from the Initial content: dropdown (character or plot template) and just fill in information there as it indicates! :D

So, that's it! :D There is plenty more to come with the wiki - and I hope you're all as excited about this as I am. :) If you have any questions or concerns about the wiki feel free to contact me, or post them here. :)

Thank you all in advanced for your support with this endeavour,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

I found out about this earlier then I was supposed to. :uberninja:
Cause I typed in HNZ on google and what do'ya know it comes up with HogwartsNZ Wiki >.>
Buuuttt it seems amazing and awesomesauce! Go you guys! <3

Professor Aurora Merrythought said:
Cause I typed in HNZ on google and what do'ya know it comes up with HogwartsNZ Wiki >.>
Hahaha... ya... I checked the google listings a few times and the wiki got a decent ranking pretty quickly on it. :(
Meh, no complaints. :p So long as you didn't spoil it for anybody else... :glare: In which case I will slay you.

Nicolas King said:
Professor Aurora Merrythought said:
Hahaha... ya... I checked the google listings a few times and the wiki got a decent ranking pretty quickly on it. :(
Meh, no complaints. :p So long as you didn't spoil it for anybody else... :glare: In which case I will slay you.
Oh no I didn't. I was to busy falling into rivers this weekend... >.>

I love it! It's a great idea and it'll be awesome once people start making pages. I've attempted one for Ekky my House elf, but it's not that good yet. I think the wiki is gonna be awesome!

Yay!
:frantics:

With the descriptions, are class-rooms to be posted and other various areas of the castle?

As well as stores and such?

Instead of just winging it in role-plays, it might be better to have a set description of the area everyone can know and check on.

sorry not on my other account but yeah Tony the plan is to have a real proper description of places and stores, what they look like outside and in. Who runs them and bio's on them. History of the places and such. It will take time
;)

Um ok so I was wondering Im trying to set up my page how do I do the picture thing???? Im not that smart when it comes to things such as this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back