Opaleye Assault Practice I

((Bruin its Sam not Hilary :o ))

TEAM NAME:Opaleye Assualt
POSITION:Chaser
QUIDDITCH POINTS:200
STARTING LOCATION:??

Kat flew down to the north hoops as Bruin had instructed it. SHe was a little nervous about her first practice with this new team. She positioned herself and watched the action down field. She anxiously waited on them to reach her.

ACTION TAKEN:Getting into postion to defend the hoops
POINTS USED: none
POINTS REMAINING:200
FINISHING LOCATION:North hoops

POSITION:Beater
STARTING LOCATION:NNE

Maddiie was floating in the north-north east. She was waiting for them to let go the buldger and of course the other balls. Her position was to protect anyone from getting hit with the buldger.

At the end of each post you will need to show:
ACTION TAKEN:n/a
POINTS USED:none
POINTS REMAINING:200
FINISHING LOCATION:same place.

((just to understand how will I know if someone getting hit by a buldger? Does the other team rp that they are going to swing the buldger? just confused about it??))

(OOC - Alright, just to clarify a few things.

Katheryn - I've edited to fix the Hilary-Sam thing (sorry Sam, no offense). I was just getting so used to Hilary as Gryffindor's Seeker.

Welcome Ginny. You are, in fact, playing Chaser and I will RP asking you to substitute in for me after Mark, Kiera and I do this first attack. Hope that works for you.

Maddiie - With respect to the Bludgers, I think that a beater will be able to RP hitting a bludger in a particular direction (i.e. aiming it at the other team's seeker in, say, the NE or something like that). Therefore, a beater who is trying to defend that teammate would have to RP flying in that direction and blocking it. I am going to suggest to Alicia and Professor Manteia that we add Bludger "Characters" like the Snitch one that can actually RP during the game where they are and where they appear to be headed at the moment. This would help the beaters a little.

Any other questions? Otherwise, great start!!!)

TEAM NAME: Opaleye Assualt.
POSITION: Seeker.
QUIDDITCH POINTS: 200.
STARTING LOCATION: Uhmm??

Sam flew down when Bruin instructed them to do so.Settling down on the ground, he listened as Bruin told them what they were going to do. After Bruin opened the lid Sam kicked off the ground and began to fly around looking for the snitch.

ACTION TAKEN: Flying around while looking for the snitch.
POINTS USED: None.
POINTS REMAINING: 200.
FINISHING LOCATION: NW.

((ooc: I didn't know the snitch had a character, that would be cool and thanks for clearing things up.))

TEAM NAME:Opaleye Assault
POSITION: Chaser
STARTING LOCATION:SSE

Kiera caught the Quaffle Bruin had thrown at her. She grinned as nodded to Mark as she passed the ball to him with force. Kiera accelerated after she released the Quaffle and moved up on the field.

ACTION TAKEN:caught and threw Quaffle
POINTS USED:30
POINTS REMAINING: 170
FINISHING LOCATION:SE

((did I do this right?))

(Yep, you sure did!!!)

Team Name: Opaleye Assault
Postion: Chaser
Quidditch Points: 180
Starting Location: SSE

Bruin figured that Kiera would try to involve Mark in the play and waited until she looked as she was about to throw it and then pressed himself lower to his broom and accelerated between the two, intercepting the pass, despite her forceful throw. He winked at Kiera and tucked the quaffle in as if it were a football accelerating in a little downward dive to his left before tossing the ball up over his head wondering which of Mark or Kiera would go for it, thinking he had given them both a fair shot at it.

Action Taken: Caught the Quaffle and then Passed it again
Points used: 50 points
Points remaining: 130 points
Finishing Location: SW (low to the ground)

(Note: you can fly diagonally up the pitch, note my SSE to SW movement)

(HI to u too. I'm fine with all tha stuff, i think(?) )

(great! I'll try and speed this along a little to get you more involved. Feel free to RP hopping on your broom and joining the play if you like, no reason you couldn't and Bruin would admire the initiative!)

Quidditch Points: 170
Starting Location: SE

Bruin intercepted the pass that Kiera had intended for Mark. Kiera shook her fist at Bruin when he winked at her. Kiera watched Bruin intently to see what he would do with the Quaffle. When he threw it upwards, Kiera dove for it and tucked it under her arm. SHe sped into the NW portion the field and waved as she passed Bruin. Kiera then passed the Quaffle and wondered if Bruin or Mark would get it first.

Action Taken: Caught the Quaffle and then Passed it again
Points used: 30 points
Points remaining: 140 points
Finishing Location: NW

TEAM NAME: Opaleye Assualt.
POSITION: Seeker.
QUIDDITCH POINTS: 200.
STARTING LOCATION: NW.

Sam was flying around when he spotted something shinning far away.Picking up speed he flew towards it, it was infact the snitch.Sam began to follow it as it tried to escape.All of a sudden he could hear something coming.Looking behind him, Sam saw a bludger coming his way, it was either get hit by the bludger or get out of the bludgers way,either way he would loose vision of the snitch.He finally decided to get out of its way, Sam would eventually catch a glimps of the snitch at another time.Sam flew towards the ground, he could see as the bludger pass by the exact place where he was located before flying down.He turned around and began to look for the snitch again.

ACTION TAKEN: Flying around while looking for the snitch, dodge bludger.
POINTS USED: 5.
POINTS REMAINING: 195.
FINISHING LOCATION: SE.

STARTING LOCATION:NNE

Maddiie had notice a buldger going after Sam. So she decided to go were he was to try and protect him. Instead Sam dove down dodging the first time it tried to hit him. Than the buldger went by pass again which gave Maddiie the chance to hit it out of the area before it cam back and tried to hit someone again.

ACTION TAKEN:
Protect someone from being hit by bludger
POINTS USED:-15
POINTS REMAINING:185
FINISHING LOCATION:NW

Quidditch Points: 130
Starting Location: SW

Bruin caught the quaffle again and this time veered to the right, wondering if Kiera and he could continue the little weave drill they were doing and confuse Katheryn a little. He gripped the Quaffle tightly and took his first look at the hoops. He decided he'd wait to see where Kiera headed next before passing the quaffle again.

Action Taken: Caught the Quaffle
Points used: 30 points
Points remaining: 100 points
Finishing Location: NE

TEAM NAME: Opaleye Assualy.
POSITION: Beater.
QUIDDITCH POINTS: 200
STARTING LOCATION: Umm anywhere there is a bludger?

Caysi saw the bludger coming back towards her and she hit it with all of her might and it went flying in Bruin's direction, she hoped that Maddiie would get it so nobody would be hurt.

ACTION TAKEN: Hit bludger.
POINTS USED: 30
POINTS REMAINING: 170
FINISHING LOCATION: same place I was in I guess?

Quidditch Points: 140
Starting Location: NW

Kiera saw Bruin catch the Quaffle she had thrown into the air. She accelerated into the next diagonal quadrant. SHe turned to look at Bruin. She waited to see what he would do.

Action Taken: Watching and waiting
Points used: none
Points remaining: 100 points
Finishing Location:NNE

Quidditch Points: 100 points
Starting Location: NE

Bruin noticed that the Bludger was now heading his way and instinctively reached for his beater's bat which, of course, was laying on the turf beside the Quidditch Set far below. He quickly tossed the quaffle in Kiera's direction and peeled off away from the bludger, hoping to out race it and give Kiera and Mark a free path to the hoops..

Action Taken: Passed the Quaffle
Points used: 20 points
Points remaining: 80 points
Finishing Location: SE

TEAM NAME: Opaleye Assualt
POSITION: Beater
QUIDDITCH POINTS: 170
STARTING LOCATION: Near the end of the pitch.

" Sorry Bruin!". she said, she chased after the bludger and hit it with her beater's bat and sent it zooming in the other direction.

ACTION TAKEN: Hit bludger.
POINTS USED: 30
POINTS REMAINING:140
FINISHING LOCATION: Still at the end of the pitch.

QUIDDITCH POINTS:185
STARTING LOCATION:NW

Maddiie saw the action between Bruin and Caysi. She had almost hit him, but instead she hit it towards the opposite direction. Just in case no one got her hurt Maddiie went towards the Buldger and hit it towards the NNW.

ACTION TAKEN:Hit Buldger
POINTS USED:30
POINTS REMAINING:155
FINISHING LOCATION:SW

Quidditch Points: 140
Starting Location: NNE

Kiera snatched the Quaffle out of the air. SHe rapidly advanced into the scoring area. She was going to attempt to make a goal. She grinned at Kat as she hurled the Quaffle towards the left hoop. She waited to see if Kat was going to be able to save it.

ACTION TAKEN: Make a goal
POINTS USED: (50)
POINTS REMAINING: 90 or 140
FINISHING LOCATION: NSA

Postion:Keeper
Quidditch Points: 200
Starting Location: NSA

Kat had been intensely watching the Quaffle passing between Bruin and Kiera. She couldnt see any pattern in the way they seemed to be following. She was confused but as Kiera neared her with the Quaffle she focus on her only. As Kiera shot the Quaffle Kat dove to save it and keep her from scoring. Kat managed to hit the Quaffle away in the nick of time. Kat grinned broadly as the Quaffle dropped.

ACTION TAKEN:Save goal
POINTS USED:50
POINTS REMAINING:15
FINISHING LOCATION:NSA

Quidditch Points: 80 points
Starting Location: SE

Bruin was relieved when Maddiie swept by and cleared the Bludger off of his tail. "Thanks Maddiie!", he exclaimed as he just had time to spin around and see Kat make an impressive save on Kiera's shot attempt. "Great save Kat!", he exclaimed as he pulled out his wand and shouted Accio Quaffle, summoning the Quaffle to him.

"Alright everyone, bring it in for a second!", he yelled and hovered at the centre circle, keeping one eye out for the bludger.

Action Taken: Nothing too important
Points used: 0 points
Points remaining: 80 points
Finishing Location: Centre Circle

"Thanks Bruin." She hovered next to him, waiting for his input.
"How do you think we did?" she asked him.

"Not bad...not bad at all...", Bruin replied, wondering how the others were feeling and whether anyone had any questions or suggestions.

Caysi went closer into where Bruin and Maddie where. " Sorry about that Bruin!". she said.

Bruin smiled at Caysi. "No need to apologize. I don't want you to take it easy in practice because I sure don't want you to take it easy on our opponents when we get into a game. It won't do us any good to pretend in practice, we may as well go full out!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back