Opaleye Assault Practice I

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin strolled out onto the pitch with mixed feelings. As always, he was excited at the prospect of flying and Quidditch, but a little saddened by having to go through the process of getting to know yet another team. This was the third team he had been responsible for in two years and every time it appeared his team was beginning to gel, something happened.

Bruin glanced down at the team list again and recognized some of the names, but lamented the fact that there were no fellow third years and only two people he had played with before. The team would need to come together quickly if they were going to be successful against the other two teams in the league. Bruin placed his Quidditch set down on the ground and sat down upon it, mentally going through what he would say to his new teammates and how he would run the practice to accelerate the process of building this team into a champion.

Maddiie had gotten the word that their were new teams again. Yet again she had no played because of the house team not cooperating and than new rules had come into play in the very famous wizard sport game. Lucky they had Bruin as a captain, he had always been a team player she supposed. So she made her way towards the Quidditch pitch with her broom on her side.

"Aye Bruin" she smiled at her captain.
"How's it going?" she stood near him.

Sam walked down to the Quidditch Pitch with his broom, for the first Opaleye Assault practise.He was glad that they would still be able to play quidditch, but somewhat sad that he wouldn't be playing with members of his house. As he arrived at the field he noticed a couple of people already there."Hey." Sam said.

Bruin looked up and smiled to see three of his teammates arrive. "Hey Kiera, hi Maddie.", he said to the two girls, a smile forming on his face at their enthusiastic greeting.

"And you must be Sam...", Bruin added as he extended his hand to his new Seeker, unsure if they had met previously.

"Yes, I'm Sam.You must be my new captian, Bruin."Sam said shaking his new Captian's hand."Yeah, what do you have for us today, Captain?" Sam said with sarcasm in his voice.

Kat walked into the pitch. She was excited to play and knew most of the team. She saw her sister, Maddie, Sam and Bruin already at the field. "Hey!" she said to everyone as she walked towards them.

"Hey to you." she said to the new comer.
"I hope Ginny comes soon, she probably didn't get your message." sitting down on the ground until everyone showed up.

"Hmmm, well I thought we might just sit around and talk, maybe study or read, I don't know." Bruin deadpanned. "Oh, but I see you've all brought your brooms. Maybe we could try, oh, I don't know practicing a little."

Bruin turned to acknowledge Katheryn's arrival. "Maybe we could start by tossing the Quaffle around, the only thing is when you catch it you have to yell out your name, do a little trick with the quaffle, and then say something good about yourself. That way we can get to know each other a little."

Bruin stood up, opened up the Quidditch set and pulled out a quaffle. He commanded up and the Scarlet Streak leapt into his hand. "I'll start to show you what I mean." Bruin mounted his broom, lifted off, and then hovered above the centre of the pitch. He removed both hands from the broom and then spun the quaffle on his finger like a basketball. "I'm Bruin Dumbledez.", he yelled enthusiastically, "...and I am particularly good at the Marking Charm." He knew it was pretty lame, but there would be time enough for serious practicing once the others arrived.

Bruin fired the quaffle high in the air and wondered who would try and catch it and who would wait for their opportunity. Bruin did a quick spin as he waited.

Caysi walked onto the field with her broom and her beater's bat, she didn't know if she would need it but none the less. " Hey Guys!". she said smiling as she neared to them.

"Hey Caysi!", Bruin shouted down to her. "Leave the bat for now, we're just doing a quick introduction and then we'll move into a full practice."

Mark ran to the pitch as he was late. Bruin and Kiera were present there who Mark recognized to be his fellow team mates. 'Hey every one am I late for the practice,' Mark said as he prepared to mount his broom.

Caysi nodded, she mounted on her broom and flew up as fast as she could, she went beside Kiera and waited.

Maddiie had already mounted her broom and was off in the air waiting for the quaffle to be passed to her. Just as Bruin throw the quaffle Maddiie caught and now it was her turn to say something.

"Hello I'm Maddiie, and I love to
read books about the Dark Arts," knowing she had a copy of it
in her room. Than shew threw curve sided hoping
someone would catch it.

Bruin did a quick head count and smiled, only Ginny Porter the third chaser was missing and the official practice time hadn't even arrived. He was also pleased to see that the group was gathering and beginning to pass the quaffle around. What they might lack in experience, they seemed to be making up for in enthusiasm and he was becoming more confident by the minute.

"Hey Sham!" Kiera said to Caysi as she flew up beside her. Then Kiera grinned at Mark. "Nope you are right on time!" she said cheerfully as she caught the Quaffle Maddiie had tossed into the air. She stood on her broom. "Hey Everyone! Im Kiera Kingsley and I love gymnastics!" she said even though she figured Bruin and Caysi already knew that. Kiera jumped and threw the Quaffle in the air before doing a back tuck and landing back on her broom. She grinned jokingly and added, "I like to show off!"

Caysi laughed at Kiera. She caught the Quaffle and said " Hey, I'm Caysi Finnigan and I love, skating, swimming, hockey and anything to do with water!". " You might find that I'm a bit shy at first, I like ot express myself in art and other sports that I play which are; tennis and volleyball. I'm very athletic and I always try my best!". she smiled and served the ball back in the air.

Kat flew into the air. She smiled as she watched her sister and Caysi play around with the Quaffle. She caught it next. "Um Hi. My name is Katheryn but you can call me Kat. I love to draw and paint as well as dance espically ballet. As you might have guess Kiera is my sister." she said as she threw the quaffle.

Bruin had been somewhat reluctant to put the two Kingsley girls together with Caysi, figuring that their unique bonds might be of a distraction, but knowing that becoming familiar with each other quickly was going to be important over such a quick season felt that it was worth the gamble. Seeing the athleticism and energy that they had just displayed made him question his decison much less. Just a few more introductions and they could get down to business, he thought as he began to envision how they might work off each others strengths.

Sam mounted his broom and kicked hard off the ground. He watched as the rest of his new team mates introduced themselves. When the quaffle had been tossed into the air again Sam flew towards it and cought it."Hey, I'm Sam Britton, I like to play most any sport," Sam began," and I also like learning about history.".After he had finished introducing himself Sam threw the quaffle and watched as someone else cought it.

Bruin Dumbledez said:
Bruin had been somewhat reluctant to put the two Kingsley girls together with Caysi, figuring that their unique bonds might be of a distraction, but knowing that becoming familiar with each other quickly was going to be important over such a quick season felt that it was worth the gamble. Seeing the athleticism and energy that they had just displayed made him question his decison much less. Just a few more introductions and they could get down to business, he thought as he began to envision how they might work off each others strengths.
((Caysi Kiera and Kat would never be like that Bru!! :o I mean Kiera is a distraction all her own!! Plus she likes everyone! :p ))

' Hi everyone my name is Mark and I am a chaser, I like to play soccer and is agile at flying. ' Mark said, ' I just thought I should give a quick introduction. ' Mark added quickly as he smiled at Bruin and Kiera.

Getting the sense that Ginny might be late and that the others might get restless if they didn't get started Bruin decided to get the practice started. He flew down to the Quidditch set and beckoned for the others to follow. When they settled in around him, Bruin spoke.

"Alright, here's what we're going to do to start. I'm going to release the Snitch and one Bludger. Katheryn will go and defend the north hoops. Sam will try and catch the snitch. Mark, Kiera and I will start at the south end with the quaffle and work on passing plays as we move up the pitch and try and score on Kat. Caysi will try and hit bludgers at anyone she wants to trying to disrupt us and Maddiie will do everything she can to prevent us from getting hit. Any questions?" Bruin said with a smile as he opened the lid and waited for everyone to get airborne with the equipment that they might need.

(OOC - I'd like us to practice using the grid locations and point system so that we work out the bugs. We'll assume everyone starts with 200 points. Sorry for the God Mods, but I'm trying to establish the setting and where we all are. Therefore, every post should follow this format.

TEAM NAME:
POSITION:
QUIDDITCH POINTS:
STARTING LOCATION:

The post should then include a brief RP of the player's actions.

At the end of each post you will need to show:
ACTION TAKEN:
POINTS USED:
POINTS REMAINING:
FINISHING LOCATION:

For example:

Team Name: Opaleye Assault
Postion: Chaser
Quidditch Points: 200
Starting Location: South SA

Bruin had the quaffle and looked down the length of the pitch at Katheryn guarding the north hoops.  Mark was flanked to his left and slightly ahead of him in SSW and Kiera was similarly positioned off to his right in SSE.  They were ready to make their first end to end attack. Near midfield, a bludger was being pursued by Caysi who looked intent on taking out someone with it, while Maddiie tracked her progress with bat in hand, looking determined to protect anyone who was in danger.  Sam was hovering high overhead, searching for the elusive Snitch.  Bruin smiled and fired the ball to Kiera and then accelerated straight up the centre of the pitch, veering slightly to the right as he did so.

Action Taken: Passed Quaffle
Points used: 20 points
Points remaining: 180 points
Finishing Location: SSE 

Please consult the rules and diagram of the pitch if you are confused by hitting the following link. Rules and Pitch

TEAM NAME:Opaleye Assualt
POSITION:Chaser?
QUIDDITCH POINTS:200
STARTING LOCATION:Entrance(where ever that is)

Ginny ran onto the pitch and noticed that she was very late indeed. They had already started practising so she mounted her broom and flew into the game. 'So sorry I'm late. I over slept a bit.' she said quite embarrased. She knew that she was a chaser on this team so she had to start practising. She noticed quite a lot of the people she knew already and she noticed Maddiie was there as well. She smiled brightly.

ACTION TAKEN:Arriving late and mounting broom
POINTS USED:-
POINTS REMAINING:200
FINISHING LOCATION: Same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back