Opaleye Assault IV

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin wandered out to the pitch, gazing up at the hoops and thinking about what could be. He was hopeful to lead his team to victory, but was growing weary of the fight required to finish the job. His teammates had been very enthusiastic and he was proud of what they had accomplished so far, but knew that the season couldn't be considered a total success until they took the pitch as a team for an official game.

He sat down on a bench near the broom shed and wondered who might show up for this impromptu practice.

Estrella strolled onto the pitch with her broom, looking at its beaten and weathered surface with disdain. She really needed to get a broom polishing kit, but had never gotten around to it. Making quick escapes from death eaters was hurting its condition.

She waved solemnly to Bruin as she saw him, holding her broom. She knew that he had gotten in trouble for their attack on the Death Eaters, and wondered if he had gotten his broom back.

"Hey, Bruin," she said as she got closer, with a weak smile. "Sorry about the game..." She knew that it had hit him hard not to be able to play the game that had been scheduled, and she wouldn't have been able to play anyways because she was suspended. "Any special plans for today?"

"Hey Estrella..." Bruin replied. "No worries about the game...things happen.". Bruin thought for a moment, he had no idea what they would be doing today. He simply wanted the team to come together and decide upon when and if they would be able to all get together and take on the Valkryies. "I was thinking about doing some specific practice at each position and then just tossing the quaffle around a bit. Who knows, maybe come up with some kind of specialty play. So, how have you been holding up?" Bruin asked, realizing that they hadn't talked much recently and that the number of second years seemed to be dwindling all the time.

"Pretty good," Estrella said. "I just got unsuspended, so it's all good. Stupid ministry," she spat under her breath, and then laughed.

Lily walked out onto the pitch with her broom in her hand. She was disappointed when the game was cancelled, but was happy since she was going to have to miss it anyways because she was so buried under schoolwork and that had to be done to be able to play. She saw Bruin and Estrella and walked out to join them.

"Hey guys, how's it going?" she said as she approached them. "What's the plan for today?"

"Let's see..." Bruin replied as he looked skyward. "We're going to complain about things, talk about what ifs, and then, maybe practice a little."

Bruin was frustrated and realized that he shouldn't take it out on Lily. "Sorry Lily, I'm just a little bitter about not having my broom. How are things with you?"

"Okay, so complain, what ifs then practice. Got it." Lily said with a giggle, hoping to lighten the mood just a little bit. "How long are you without a broom Bruin?"

"Just a couple more days. Ford and I lost our brooms for two weeks, but now I'm just waiting to see if Professor King is satisfied with my essay about what we did was wrong. I suspect I'll have it back real soon.", Bruin replied with a grin.

"So, now it's just a matter of getting a group of seven of us who will be ready and able to take the pitch. Murtagh and Zoe are pretty consistent, but I'm a little worried about our other two chasers. Have either of you seen Rose or Kendall lately???"

"I havn't seen Kendall lately at all. I am trying to remember if she was in any classes this week." Lily said thoughtfully. "And I think Rose had to go home on a family thing"

(((Rose is inactive now. Don't know why but I just looked her up in the lists and she is showing as inactive. I think Kendall is MIA also. Haven't seen her in a while.)))

(Rose responded to my email about the last game saying she would play, but like you say, is being considered inactive due to lack of class work, etc. I was thinking about filling the roster out with invites to some other people who are more active on the site, but not on the other team. Cyndi Weasley, Bellatrix, Kale Thomas, and Samantha Thatch come to mind...got any other ideas???)

(((are any of the other guys already taken or are they up for grabs too? greg fevrier, faciln kavari(sp?) come to mind since they are some of the 1st year guys that are active. don't really know any other names outside of what you mentioned. hey, where is liz lately??)))

(I'll see what response I get from the others, but keep Greg, Faciln, maybe Katrina Redding in mind as well)

(Samantha Thatch will be joining us as a replacement for Rose which should give us 7 assuming Kendall is still playing. I'll wait and see if we can't add a couple more reserves to give us some flexibility.)

{ooc: Don't I feel special?! :p

Sam slouched onto the pitch, seeming almost at ease, although her insides were squirming uncomfortably. She had changed - it was apparent by her looks, her now longer, tangled slightly darker brown hair which she had grown out slightly over the break, and her build, which had been filled slightly, making her seem much less sickly. She looked over towards Bruin, Estrella, and Lily, and gave them a lazy, but apparently very nervous salute.

She had a borrowed Cleansweep in one hand. She quickly jogged over, and said, a little too quietly, trying not to notice everyone else's brooms (which were much more in better shape), "Hey everyone..."

"Hey Sam!", Bruin replied warmly. "Your timing is great. I was just about to let the others know that I had invited you down for a little try-out and practice. Speaking of the others. This is Estrella Drage, our keeper and Lily Potter, one of our chasers. The others haven't arrived yet, but I expect will be here shortly."

Bruin looked at Sam's broom and then at the even crappier house broom he was using until he got his back from Professor King. "Well, at least I might be able to keep up with you today!", he joked. "If things go well and you are joining the team. I can go into Quality Quidditch Supplies and help you pick out a better broom. I might even be able to swing you a discount if Ford is working."

"Alright, why don't we start with some basic flying to warm up and then get the Quaffle out in a few minutes. How about a game of Tag to see who still has some skills? Lilly's it!!!", Bruin yelled as he attempted to take off on the house broom. He shot forward quickly and then almost went right over the handle as it slowed almost as quickly as it had started. It was if the broom wanted to go fast, but had some type of enchantment on it to prevent it from flying fast. "Aw crap!!! Give me a few seconds to get away at least!", he yelled to Lily as he watched the rest mount their brooms and prepare to take off.

Estrella zoomed towards the Quidditch hoops, sticking her tongue out and her thumbs to her temples. "Nee-ner nee-ner, you can't catch me!" she sang, trying to lighten the mood of the practice. It was cold outside, but she still enjoyed the exhilaration of being back on a broom.

Sam was the last one to mount, and fly up. She wasn't really paying attention, though. She was still enthralled with the fact that she might actually have her own broom. She as brought back to reality when she heard Estrella's chant.

"Nee-ner nee-ner, you can't catch me!"

Sam spun around, and, realizing she was only about twenty feet above the ground, she flew away, going as fast as the Cleansweep would allow (not much faster than Bruin). She went to the top of one of the Quidditch towers, and hovered there, laughing happily. It looked as though she had been riding a broom all of her life, even though it was quite on the contrary. She looked at ease, and utterly comfortable at such a height. It was as though she were born for Quidditch.

Lily let Bruin get a few feet head start, since he was on a school broom. She took off after him knowing he would be the easiest to catch, or look like she was going to catch. She flew down below him and circled up around him, trying out a new move she had been thinking off. Since Ryan was gone, she needed to come up with some other surprise moves for the chasers. She made a circle around Bruin from the left, top, then right, and back to underneath him. She avoided tagging him for a few minutes to catch her bearings on the field, and then slapped his foot so he would notice.

"TAG! Gotcha!!" she yelled with a laugh.

As impressed as Bruin was with Lily's flying, he was equally unimpressed with the performance of his school broom. He willed it upwards, attempting to pursue Sam, but the broom stalled in mid air and Bruin tumbled to the snowy ground below, knocking the wind out of him as he became virtually buried in the knee-deep snow. He lay there looking upwards, cursing at no one in particular and trying to catch his breath.

Lily saw Bruin fall as she was pulling away from him. She swooped down to the snowy ground and jumped from her broom.

"Are you okay? Do we need to get you to the hospital wing?" she asked, very concerned for her captain.

Bruin groaned a little and put out his hand to his concerned teammate. "Thanks Lily. I'll be fine. Can you help me to my feet though?" Bruin said with a pained expression on his face, wincing and gasping slightly with each laboured breath.

Lily held her hand out to Bruin to help him up. She was concerned with the amount he was wincing with each breath.

"Are you sure you didn't crack a few ribs on that fall? I would feel better if I took you up to the hospital wing to get checked out, just to be safe." she told him, watching him intently as he was in obvious pain.

Bruin smiled, feeling almost bad about taking advantage of Lily's caring nature. "Actually, I'm feeling remarkably better all of a sudden now that you're IT! Oh, and no touch backs."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back