Vicky
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Rigid Maple Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Pink rose for @Margo Fox

Conan was down to the last name and rose he was supposed to deliver and he was rather struggling to find who he was looking for. Delivering was much harder than he thought it was going to be, but he was not going to give up. Every rose needed to find the right person. "Margo Fox?" He shouted from the middle of the Entrance Hall, desperately looking at the students walking past. "Anyone know a Margo Fox?"

Margo knew this day would be hectic but so far it had exceeded expectations. It felt like she had a million things going on trying to keep track of her own deliveries and hoping no one else was having any trouble. But the day was nearing it's end and only a few roses were left to deliver and she could see the end in sight. She was making yet another trip through the entrance hall when she heard someone call out her name. "That's me!" she called out and eventually found the boy. "Is everything going alright?"

Standing around and shouting seemed to have worked out for him as the very girl he was looking for decided to announce herself. And Conan couldn't help the relieved smile, glad that he was going to give his throat a bit of a break from all the shouting he had been doing. "Yeah, I just have a rose delivery for you," he responded with a grin, reaching for the pink rose at the top of the pile before holding it out for her. "I hope it's nice."

Margo, You are the most beautiful girl in this school. Your smile makes my heart skip a beat, when your eyes meet mine I feel like I can't breath. You have the kindest, gentlest, purest soul. I adore you. I'm sorry I can't admit to the depths of my affection for you. Just know that you are the most amazing person I have ever had the honor of knowing.

"Oh right." Margo said with a small shake of her head and laughed. Of course that was the whole point of the day after all. She wasn't sure who this rose could be from and her heart skipped a beat when he presented her with a pink rose. Her mind was racing for who it could be from and a small voice in the back of her head told her it might be some kind of prank. But she still smiled at the boy and opened the note tentatively like it might bite her. The words were so kind she forgot to breath for a moment but there was no name at the end and the omission stung a little. "Right thanks." she said quickly when she realized she wasn't alone. "It was." she added when she registered what he had said. She had a faint idea who it might be from since there weren't that many people at this school who talked like that. Merlin, she wished Isadora was here so she could talk to someone about this.

Cameron had just emerged from where he'd been hiding in the Accio club room when he heard someone calling Margo's name. Grinning, he moved closer to the kid who'd been shouting, reading to poke fun at Margo up until he saw the pink rose in her hand. "Who the heck's sending you a pink rose?" He blurted out incredulously as he approached the pair, paying the younger boy little mind as he stooped to try and read the note Margo had over her shoulder.

Margo spun around when she heard Cameron's voice. "None of your business." she said and quickly folded the noted in her hand so he couldn't read it. It wasn't like it was signed but it felt to personal to share even with her friend. It wasn't like he'd understand. "Did you get my rose?" she asked with a smile and tried to change the subject.

"Yeah, yeah, it's my business if someone's messing with you," Cameron said, waving off her question about the rose she'd sent and pointing accusingly at the note still in Margo's hand, already flipping through names in his head for who could possibly send Margo something like that. Maybe someone in Hufflepuff? "What'd it say? Do you have a secret admirer then?" He teased, considering if he could get away with making a playful grab for the note. With Isadora he'd pay for doing something like that but he could probably handle Margo fine.

"No one is messing with me!" Margo snapped. Even though she couldn't be entirely sure if that was even true. Either way she could take care of herself. She glared at him when he joked about it being a secret admirer. Was it that crazy of a thought that someone might like her. "Is that so hard to believe?!" she shot back and held the letter firm in her hand. For a moment she was worried tears might come but for now she was more annoyed than hurt and she held onto that.

Cameron made another grab for the note though it seemed pretty clear Margo wasn't planning on letting him have it and it ended more like a flail of limbs than anything. "God, it's not from Aine, is it? Eurgh," he said, the thought suddenly occurring to him. He knew the two were sort of close being roommates and all but he'd never considered them actually getting along that well behind closed doors. Honestly the idea of Aine liking anyone seemed weirder to him than the idea of someone liking Margo. "You don't need to get so upset, are you embarrassed?" He asked, poking Margo in the side. "Wait do you want it to be from someone?" He asked, leaning in closer, as if he could sniff out the source of Margo's discomfort.

Margo rolled her eyes. "What about Aine? And I did get a rose for her. With a note much more thoughtful than yours." she pointed out. She wasn't even sure she could consider what he sent her a note at all. The one she sent him wasn't overly sentimental either but at least it had been more than her name. She knew the two of them didn't get along but Aine was her roommate after all. She wasn't just going to ignore someone because Cameron didn't like them. If she did that she wouldn't be able to talk to half the school. "I'm not embarrassed!" she groaned and she wasn't sure if that was true either. At least she wasn't until he insisted on making this such a big deal. "Fine!" she snapped. "Read it for yourself!f" she said and handed it over before crossing her arms across her chest.

"Yeah well, she always has something to say," Cameron muttered sourly, not wanting to think about getting roses from Aine right now. Or sending any to her, the feeling of regret about that choice still lingering. "You look embarrassed," he teased, giving her another jab, grinning victoriously when Margo handed over the note, which he quickly read.

"Margo, I'm sorry," he said after a brief silence to digest the words, laying a solemn hand on her shoulder. "Someone is definitely f*cking with you."

Margo frowned at him and waited for him to realize how dumb he was being about this stupid note. Of course he could make something sweet into something to fight about in the blink of an eye. She gave him a confused look when he sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder. But it was what he said next that made her blood boil. She felt her fists clench at her sides as her anger flared. She wanted to hit him and for once she decided not to over think this decision. She wanted to go for his face but she knew her aim would be questionable at best so she settled for his arm, right in the bicep, as hard as she could. Which wasn't that hard since it wasn't like she was that strong but she hoped her anger made it sting. "Shut up!" she shouted before the consequences of her actions caught up with her and pain tore through her hand and up her arm. "Ow." she choked out before the tears came.

"Ow, ow, alright, calm down," Cameron yelped as Margo hit him, slapping a hand over his arm and ducking away from her. "I was only joking," he added sourly, still rubbing at his arm and frowning until he caught the look on Margo's face, feeling his stomach drop as her face seemed to crumple. "Hey, sh*t, I'm sorry I was only joking," he said, hands raised awkwardly in some vague attempt to comfort her or maybe ward off the tears and he was suddenly reminded of when he'd accidentally pushed Margo into the fountain at the dance the other year; he'd only been messing around and now she was crying again. Why did girls always do that. "Here, have it back, I'm sorry," he said gruffly, shoving the note forward, wondering if he should try to hug her or let her hit him again. It'd hurt but he could probably take another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back