Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Rigid Black Walnut Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Vegeta Arai normally avoided the Yule Ball like the plague, but since his conversation with @Elsie Baros , things have turned around for him. He had to thank her somehow, and felt that perhaps dancing with her might be effective. She studied with him from time to time, and Vegeta was developing a crush, unfortunately. Vegeta never had one of those before, so he didn't know how it felt, nor how to handle it. He walked up to Elsie while she was with her friend (unbeknownst to him that it was her girlfriend). He gave a small, gentle smile that still didn't make sense on him yet. It did seem genuine however. "Hey, can I have a dance, Elsie?" Vegeta asked softly.

Elsie enjoyed whatever time she could justify with Agnes. Sometimes it wasn’t much, because they still had to pretend, but, at least as best friends they could get away with a bit more than not being friends at all, so she greatly appreciated that. She was standing off to the side a bit, chatting to Agnes when she saw Vegeta approaching out of the corner of her eye. He seemed a bit nervous and... it looks like he might have forgotten his shirt under that jacket, to which she held in a chuckle. “Hi, Geta.” She said as he approached and raised an eyebrow at him when he spoke. She cast a cursory glance to Agnes, but knew her girlfriend fouls understand before looking at Vegeta and smiling softly. “Of course you can, Geta, come on.” She said, taking his hand and moving them a little further away from the edge. “Bold choice of outfit there, Bud, didn’t know you liked showing so much skin,” she said, tapping him lightly on the chest to draw his attention downwards.​

Vegeta smiled as she took his hand, and led him toward the middle of the dance floor. Vegeta took the stance of dancing, since he was unsure on how to dance except what he saw in pictures. He chuckled a little bit as she continued to use the nickname Geta for him. Vegeta could understand why, but he was working on mending his ways. However, his small smile faded when she pointed at his chest, claiming he was showing so much skin. Vegeta raised an eyebrow, "I don't know what you are referring to-" he glanced down at she tapped him on the chest. It was skin on skin contact. His face turned red as a beet. "I forgot my shirt!" He slammed his hand onto his forehead. "I.. uh, still want to dance with my mistake?" Vegeta could hardly believe that he did this.

On the one hand it was nice to be able to be out and about with Elsie, even if it wasn't always as close and openly affectionately as other couples could be. She'd come dressed in a simple dark dress, not wanting to attract too much attention to herself, and had been happily chatting away to the Ravenclaw when another boy had joined them. Agnes didn't really know Vegeta beyond what she'd been told by Elsie, but the stories hadn't always been good. That being said, she'd known that her girlfriend was trying to help him, and as wary as the Slytherin was, she nodded to her when she'd glanced over her shoulder. Agnes trusted Elsie knew what she was getting herself into, and so while the fourth year was quietly keeping an eye on the couple from a distance, a little envious that he got to dance with her when she didn't, Agnes was also trying to act like letting her girlfriend dance with that guy was the easiest thing in the world, and absent-mindedly was trying different food at the side while she half watched.

Elsie but her lip to stop the laughter coming as Vegeta slowly realised what she was saying. She wasn’t sure how he’d managed to forget his shirt, but it was incredibly funny that he had. She covered her mouth with her hand to try and unsuccessfully hide her smile, and looked over her shoulder to notice Agnes had moved a little. She wasn’t surprised, she supposed she would have been the same were Agnes the one who was dancing with someone else. She promised she would save a dance for Agnes though. “Don’t worry, I don’t mind that you forgot, though it is really, really funny.” She told him, moving back into position to dance. “Do you know how to dance or shall I lead?” She asked, grinning at him.​

Vegeta hated how he was forgetful, though he wasn't normally, so why he was this time blew his mind. He guessed it had something to do with the fact that Elsie made him a little more nervous than usual. "I guess only one of us finds it funny. It is really embarrassing because this is going in the yearbook..." Vegeta frowned for a second, not appreciating the pictures that were taken already. "Um, I'm not sure how, so you leading might be best," the Gryffindor confessed. Vegeta smiled softly, since he hoped that she would do that.

Elsie laughed at Vegeta, but not out of any sense of malice, more because this entire situation was completely absurd. After all, this time last year she was more prone to hiding from Vegeta than having a conversation with him. “Ah, I wouldn’t worry. It’ll make a great story for a date one day!” She told him, finding the idea of him mentioning this on a date to be hilarious. “Give me your hand,” she said, moving her hand to his shoulder, “and put your other hand on my waist, we’re going to take this slowly and start with your left foot.”

Great story for a date? Well, that might be true, but what if he wanted to date the girl that pointed it out? She was single, since she was here with her friend. They weren’t dancing or anything, so Elsie couldn’t be on a date. “I guess it could be if I ever ask anyone out on a date.” Vegeta shrugged his shoulders. Vegeta needed to make sure that his crush stayed within himself for now. He didn’t want to get hurt, either way. She held his hand, and his other hand went to her waist. Vegeta started with her left foot and he couldn’t help but smile, “I... I am dancing. Elsie, you have given me so much, including your time here at the Yule Ball.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back